Pages: 1 ... 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1248980 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7425 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 16:33:12 »

Right, so having looked at the AB minutes (because I am certain the fanzone thing was raised at the first one, over two years ago) the contracts thingy relates to the fact the catering deal is still unpaid by us and subject to a winding-up order.  That one was known about - a 10 year deal, which would be up soon I think.  Clem obviously decided to take a risk and cut ties and bring it in house, so it is not surprising they would want their money.

Then there is some waffle about Powers car and some sort of lease on an office.  Don't get me wrong, I am sure Power was sorting out shit for himself and left trouble, but it has been two fucking years.  You may not like what he signed the club up to, but you were in the fucking room when he did (not literally).

I thought Clem may have been going on about some great unknown financial strains - these are known about and hardly bank breaking.   Yes, they are a pain, but when you are an existing shareholder and non-Exec Director of the business for four years and then do your due diligence when forcing a sale to you, suck it up.  I have no sympathy for Clem here at all.  Move on, find new ways to make money and handle what you took on.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7426 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 16:40:48 »

Yes, his window for blaming the previous ownership, of which he was a part as you rightly say, has long slammed shut.

Whelan, who clearly has a reliable 'in', is saying some players were told their wages were paid late due to an accounting error. Imagine them then reading Clem's absolute guff that it never happened.

I do sense that we are reaching the endgame for Clem.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7427 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 16:44:56 »

With having absolutely no idea about football finances I’d like to know if our income would cover our expenditure if there were none of these ‘anomalies’ that Clem claims are causing the deficit.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7428 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 16:49:28 »

That’s why the full accounts are needed.

Power hid behind reduced accounts for years while he plundered
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7429 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 16:51:58 »

I think Power was more savvy than Clem plus seemed to have lots of crooked contacts.

So, give no fucks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #7430 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:05:04 »

Clems statement seems to hang rob angus out to dry where it says that he is speaking with his mate Anthony Hall about non favourable current contracts and he is fully briefing him on them, so what did Rob Angus do, sit on his hands and ignore anything financial and tell Clem all is fine financially ?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7431 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:05:38 »

It would be easy for Clem to prove the finances instead of being repeatedly vague. It’s that vagueness that raises suspicions that things aren’t bring done properly.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7432 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:06:47 »

Clems statement seems to hang rob angus out to dry where it says that he is speaking with his mate Anthony Hall about non favourable current contracts and he is fully briefing him on them, so what did Rob Angus do, sit on his hands and ignore anything financial and tell Clem all is fine financially ?

May be wrong, but I took that to mean commercial contracts not staff contracts.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #7433 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:09:30 »

Jesus read the post you commented on above.

And again is their any need for profanity and personal abuse

If you can't debate like an adult don't do it at all
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #7434 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:11:10 »

Jesus read the post you commented on above.

And again is their any need for profanity and personal abuse

If you can't debate like an adult don't do it at all

None of the above answers the question. Just be careful of name calling you can't back up.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #7435 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:13:16 »

None of the above answers the question. Just be careful of name calling you can't back up.

Zzz
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #7436 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:13:58 »

I'm seeing fans on social media who, even until the very end, backed Lee Power who are now doing the same thing with Clem.

I can't for the life of me understand what needs to happen for this section of our fan base to wake up. Is it relegation to the national league? because that's where we're currently heading unless things change. Maybe not this season, but maybe the next or the one after.

Actions speak louder than words. Trying to deceive fans with the shares was the final straw for me. It doesn't mean I'm Clem out, but it certainly does mean I don't believe anything he says anymore. Therefore, I'll judge him by the actions of the club and how it operates on a day to day basis rather than clinging onto the words of a desperate man with a reputation of lying repeatedly.

The reason posters like Chalky are losing the plot is because they've seen us nearly lose our club and instead of learning from it, many of our fans are yet again burying their heads in the sand and choosing to give yet another owner the benefit of the doubt. We have to do better. Please please please stop making excuses for this man and just see this for what it is. It's staring you all right in the face.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7437 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:16:04 »

Again, it’s easy for Clem to prove it’s just incompetence and not ‘shenanigans’.

And there’s fuck all us fans can do about it either way.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #7438 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:19:43 »

I'm seeing fans on social media who, even until the very end, backed Lee Power who are now doing the same thing with Clem.

I can't for the life of me understand what needs to happen for this section of our fan base to wake up. Is it relegation to the national league? because that's where we're currently heading unless things change. Maybe not this season, but maybe the next or the one after.

Actions speak louder than words. Trying to deceive fans with the shares was the final straw for me. It doesn't mean I'm Clem out, but it certainly does mean I don't believe anything he says anymore. Therefore, I'll judge him by the actions of the club and how it operates on a day to day basis rather than clinging onto the words of a desperate man with a reputation of lying repeatedly.

The reason posters like Chalky are losing the plot is because they've seen us nearly lose our club and instead of learning from it, many of our fans are yet again burying their heads in the sand and choosing to give yet another owner the benefit of the doubt. We have to do better. Please please please stop making excuses for this man and just see this for what it is. It's staring you all right in the face.

Well said!!

We've had too many dodgy owners ...and that's going back further than Power and Jed

In 50 years of supporting town I cannot think of a time when we've been totally relaxed with the owners or finances

There's a reason we are known as Swindle Town to other clubs

Unfortunately they all move in the same circles and so tend to sell to within.....

We need a complete break and have an owner who is not within the Jed/Power/Morfuni circle of friends

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7439 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 17:20:14 »

It’s easier for fans to think our failures are down to shady goings on than anything else. In some ways they prefer it to be that because then the prospect that things will get better just by changing the ownership.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: