Pages: 1 ... 485 486 487 [488] 489 490 491 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1248038 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #7305 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:21:35 »

Please for the love of god can we move away from this current batch of crooks. A completely fresh new start, nobody been in the background before. Anybody but this current batch
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #7306 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:30:16 »

For anyone that didn’t know or hasn’t seen…

Supposedly FBT went up to a few people in the Nationwide Stand after the game and said, quite emotionally, something along the lines of:

‘We are as frustrated if not more frustrated than the fans, what the fans see is a smoke screen, we’ve had enough too, we can’t go on like this. It goes far beyond the players and manager. There is no money, no wages and not enough players’

Apparently he wasn’t there to make excuses, he looked genuinely gutted by all accounts.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #7307 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:33:46 »

The amount of players that have backed out of moves to the club over the last few years does start to make you wonder.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7308 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:35:34 »

Average ticket price will be no where near 20.
Try 10 instead.
Nah, it’s way more. My ST works out at just over £13 per game, Mrs Audrey’s £17.60 per game. I can’t see the 5000 ST holders being evenly split between concessions and full price but even if it was that’s £15 per game. 4000 POTD fans - £27 full price, £22 concessions. Knock off a bit for kids I’d say the average price for those 4000 would be £20.

Don’t know about cheap tickets in the Nationwide.

I reckon you’re looking at around £150,000 per home game.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7309 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:36:58 »

The amount of players that have backed out of moves to the club over the last few years does start to make you wonder.
And those staff who have left for pastures new.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7310 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:39:12 »

For anyone that didn’t know or hasn’t seen…

Supposedly FBT went up to a few people in the Nationwide Stand after the game and said, quite emotionally, something along the lines of:

‘We are as frustrated if not more frustrated than the fans, what the fans see is a smoke screen, we’ve had enough too, we can’t go on like this. It goes far beyond the players and manager. There is no money, no wages and not enough players’

Apparently he wasn’t there to make excuses, he looked genuinely gutted by all accounts.
May be true but that doesn’t excuse such a feeble performance. Reading have had it much worse yet their players don’t down tools - may not win many but they try.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7311 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:53:44 »

I don't think anyone 'downed tools' as such, players were in new positions and a previously concussed CB played his first game back and looked exactly like a concussed CB playing his first game back... we played fucking awfully and once they got ahead, 'the fear' looked to have set in... add in the players having been played into the ground by November and yesterday is what you get.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7312 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:11:12 »

There’s playing poorly - at MK the week before - and not playing at all - yesterday. Going 7 down at home to a non league team isn’t just playing poorly.

At MK we didn’t have Brewitt at all, no Kemp yet still looked like a team.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7313 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:11:14 »

This thread is going to be pretty busy going forward now I reckon.

Surely this week (fully aware we have a game on Tuesday) we need comms from the club and the Trust with what is going on. I think it's fair to say whatever the club say will probably be difficult to separate truth from fiction and the Trust are in a really difficult situation after snuggling up to Clem so much.

Any takeover is going to be challenging given the mess behind the scenes. When the time comes, I'd really be interested to hear from Rob Angus and Greg Norman (who reading between the lines seems particularly miffed about things)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #7314 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:12:13 »

Saturday's result has made Swindon the laughing stock of English football.
Total embarrassment. Even worse than that of the England's cricket team performance in India
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #7315 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:12:27 »

If a supporters Trust don't comment in a situation like this, even a holding statement saying we are asking the club, then frankly what is the point in the organisation?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7316 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:15:25 »

It’s the period between being for sale and actually being bought that’s dangerous. I presume there won’t be a Power-like threat of Admin as the club owes Clem a fair chunk so he’d lose that. Money, whatever there is, won’t be spent and if the wages are going to be a monthly problem hello points deductions.

Just hope the club isn’t just reformatted to include some of the present dodge pots taking over.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #7317 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:23:41 »

I imagine, there's the same number of skeletons in the closet as there were in the power era.. plus you're dealing with the same people. The debt is basically the same, just moved around a bit and clem doesn't even own all the shares so it wont be a 100% new owner situation. It doesn't sound that attractive for a new owner imo

shocked to see the trust hasn't made a statement - even a placeholder one to acknowledge the claims, etc..
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7318 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:26:20 »

You never know - this might be exactly how it’s meant to be in Morfuni/Kiely/Z Austin’s eyes. Get the ground, up revenue, pocket some, sell. The non-payment of players speaks volumes about their integrity - I doubt Z Austin has extended the same principle to his own family - but did we really expect anything else from this lot?

Came in with no money, sell club and pocket money - simple.
Never trusted them from day one.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7319 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:29:05 »

My concern is the ongoing court cases. How much of an impact is that going to have on interested parties? I'm sure there are seemingly quite a number of parasites in the STFC pie that are also going to require payment.

I'm certain there has been interest in the club this year, despite Clem stating the club isn't for sale, it very much has been. I'm just not sure the guys running the club are going to be particularly competent in making a sale happen. We'll see.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 487 [488] 489 490 491 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: