Pages: 1 ... 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254158 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7125 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 11:25:13 »

How does this news square with the moaning minnies and ITK's who think Flynn has been screwed over by Clem?

It just shows he's happy to work under the current conditions and get a big compo payoff if he's removed (or the club gets on when poached)!

In a dream world it would show massive of investment is incoming.

In the real world as of this moment, he's still got an inadequet squad. nothings changed.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7126 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 11:27:21 »

Not on the Flynn topic, but interesting on Wrexham's losses in the last two years topping £10m. Rather puts 'we might lose 500k' into perspective, doesn't it? And I imagine their sponsorship deals and other income make ours look tiny with the whole Netflix thing. Raises a few FFP eyebrows for sure.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/11/03/wrexham-owners-announce-losses-since-takeover/

Yeah but its a fairytale though innit
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7127 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 11:28:45 »

Not on the Flynn topic, but interesting on Wrexham's losses in the last two years topping £10m. Rather puts 'we might lose 500k' into perspective, doesn't it? And I imagine their sponsorship deals and other income make ours look tiny with the whole Netflix thing. Raises a few FFP eyebrows for sure.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/11/03/wrexham-owners-announce-losses-since-takeover/
Arent they basically immune from FFP for the 1st season in the league?

Thats what happened with Salford they abused the FFP but after not winning promotion in the 1st season had to regin in spending to adhere closer to the FFP rules. Although as we all know there are ways around these things with extra sponsorship deals like FGR did.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7128 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 11:34:58 »

It just shows he's happy to work under the current conditions and get a big compo payoff if he's removed (or the club gets on when poached)!

In a dream world it would show massive of investment is incoming.

In the real world as of this moment, he's still got an inadequet squad. nothings changed.

This news could also add some fuel to the fire that Clem/Keily/anyone else is considering offers for the club.  The first thing any new owner usually does is appoint their own manager, perhaps this is Clem giving Flynn some protection.

I am not ITK in any way shape or form, just putting it out there..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7129 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 11:37:19 »

This news could also add some fuel to the fire that Clem/Keily/anyone else is considering offers for the club.  The first thing any new owner usually does is appoint their own manager, perhaps this is Clem giving Flynn some protection.

I am not ITK in any way shape or form, just putting it out there..

your such an ITK moaning minnie Berni!! Smiley

Good to see you on here btw.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7130 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 11:44:58 »

Thats what happened with Salford they abused the FFP but after not winning promotion in the 1st season had to regin in spending to adhere closer to the FFP rules. Although as we all know there are ways around these things with extra sponsorship deals like FGR did.

Yes, it's one reason a club in the league below is a a better investment opportunity if you are looking to get some success.  You can load up on getting a good team together, build momentum and and keep it going to push for the second promotion.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7131 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 12:10:17 »

your such an ITK moaning minnie Berni!! Smiley

Good to see you on here btw.

I thought the new tagline for this place was 25% Football, 80% Bollocks, 100% miserable cunts so am only posting things that abide by that TEF Mantra..

I don't want to be a happy clapper after all..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7132 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 12:34:03 »

Its similar to Newcastle I suspect who are absolutely minted but from something I was reading can't really buy anyone in January as they are already maxing out FFP - albeit assume there is nothing to stop one of the multitude of PIF owned clubs in Saudi doing them some favours both in terms of loans/cheap purchases and vastly inflated sales in January.

Yes, it's one reason a club in the league below is a a better investment opportunity if you are looking to get some success.  You can load up on getting a good team together, build momentum and and keep it going to push for the second promotion.

Doesn't seem to have really worked for Wrexham as they are Ok this year but not great and assume will be more hamstrung next year.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7133 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 13:58:44 »

Its similar to Newcastle I suspect who are absolutely minted but from something I was reading can't really buy anyone in January as they are already maxing out FFP - albeit assume there is nothing to stop one of the multitude of PIF owned clubs in Saudi doing them some favours both in terms of loans/cheap purchases and vastly inflated sales in January.

Doesn't seem to have really worked for Wrexham as they are Ok this year but not great and assume will be more hamstrung next year.

OK?  They are third and on a roll.  Mullins is back as well.  They will add to their squad in January I imagine, be tough to keep up with.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7134 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 14:01:19 »

OK?  They are third and on a roll.  Mullins is back as well.  They will add to their squad in January I imagine, be tough to keep up with.

Someone has some pretty high standards. Given third is a promotion spot, and fully aware no trophies are handed out in November in England, I think they are doing pretty well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7135 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 14:02:34 »

Can't wait to give McLean a warm welcome  Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7136 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 14:09:19 »

Someone has some pretty high standards. Given third is a promotion spot, and fully aware no trophies are handed out in November in England, I think they are doing pretty well.

Also, they are only limited by FFP to what they can spend on their wages vs total turnover/income (which can include every source of money bar loans pretty much).  Given they are selling out their ground, plus they bring in several million in sponsorship, their allowable wage budget is well beyond anything else in this Division.  They may not have much wriggle room from what they were spending last season, but they don't really need it.  They are second in the form table, unbeaten in their last 6 at least, only to Stockport, who are close to them on spend thanks to their owner converting loans to equity.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7137 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 14:12:51 »

To put it in context, if Clem happened to be minted and decided to convert his loans to equity (worth doing given he just sold off some shares, if he had the money), and he could chuck some money in to pay the new bills, he could double our wage bill this season if he wanted to (and likely stay within FFP rules).  He isn't and he won't but that is the opportunity someone would be looking at when deciding to buy a club, can you inject something and get fast returns?

After the top two spenders, there is maybe a group of 5 or 7 or so that could be within a whisker of each other in terms of maximum wage budgets.  Our job is to compete in that group for the 3rd spot, or at least be in the play offs.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7138 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 14:20:07 »

Always been the case for us - no success has ever been built upon. All short term, line me pockets while I can, stuff. That’s what I find depressing. 50% of the ground is exactly as it was when I first went in 1968. Shame on them all.

Pretty sure the first season I went was the south stands first season.....so its barely changed at all since then.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7139 on: Friday, November 3, 2023, 14:38:42 »

I can't imagine we're anywhere near wage caps and FFP limits, but doubling it might be a stretch.

However if we did double it and found success, gates would go up even further.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: