Pages: 1 ... 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254384 times)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6900 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:24:50 »

I still feel our immediate future is linked to the Power/Standing court case.

I wish these ITK people, would just tell us what they know.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6901 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:27:15 »

Sunk Cost = money that has been spent and cannot be recovered.

Clem and others have loaned the business money, meaning it is fully recoverable, and it is expected to be recovered because it is treated as a Liability in the Accounts.

It's not even an investment, in it's truest form, because it was simply used to satisfy other Liabilities, not used to develop assets/capital.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6902 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:28:25 »

FFS. This. Is. Getting. Tedious. There is NO money to throw at back room staff. Training staff. Playing staff. Limited money for ground improvements.

Move on. This thread could go on for a decade as it is now without a resolution. Three points tomorrow please and a parking space will do.  
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6903 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:31:34 »

FFS. This. Is. Getting. Tedious. There is NO money to throw at back room staff. Training staff. Playing staff. Limited money for ground improvements.

Move on. This thread could go on for a decade as it is now without a resolution. Three points tomorrow please and a parking space will do. 

Is the point of a forum not to foster debate?  Don't read it if it annoys you, just like other likely ignore your ramblings about DNA and travels.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6904 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:34:35 »

Is the point of a forum not to foster debate?  Don't read it if it annoys you, just like other likely ignore your ramblings about DNA and travels.

I think his point is that it's not a debate, it's 5-6 people moaning constantly
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6905 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:36:53 »

I wish these ITK people, would just tell us what they know.
Nobody knows
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6906 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:03:21 »

Nobody knows

Yeah, ITK generally seems to be "regurgitated rumours I've heard because my brother in law's postman's dog shits on the lamp post outside Rob Angus' house and he overheard the following..."

Everyone is guessing/bullshitting to some extent outside of the key protagonists themselves.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6907 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:13:06 »

That is actually wrong, a sunk cost in business terms means what you have invested to date. You can stop investing any more but you don't have to.
Thank you for the correction, I was maybe using colloquialisms rather than technical terms, which RobT has provided

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6908 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:14:47 »

I think his point is that it's not a debate, it's 5-6 people moaning constantly
you say this as if you've not offered a contrary opinion to our lovely cynical clique...which may get close to a debate?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6909 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:29:52 »

Oh do fuck off.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6910 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:30:21 »

You are most welcome
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6911 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:35:21 »

you say this as if you've not offered a contrary opinion to our lovely cynical clique...which may get close to a debate?

There was a time when I was part of a clique called the Happy Clappers, as labelled by Reg.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6912 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:44:32 »

This isn't just at you Batch but all of those achievements don't happen by themselves - Eady trust funded it but the Eady trust, the council, the Trust all had to be happy and is a massive achievement by all parties.

You do have this fixation on the ongoing loss, more or less all clubs at this level are losing money.  What is your point, as long as Clem is covering the loss (unless you know that he isn't?) then stadium development is going to be the biggest way to solve this, which is a long term project.

My point is we have seen cutbacks in squad budget and the losses aren't coming down.

If Clem can cover them, there is no problem.

My opinion is he's not going to be able to do that.

The stated aim is to be day to day breakeven at the end of this season isn't it (ab minutes earlier in the year).

I'd be more accepting of the on pitch squad decline of we had seen progress in ongoing losses
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6913 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:45:43 »

I think Batch refers to it because Clem suggested we needed to wash our own face, which can be read to say we need to either raise new revenue quickly or we cut costs from what we are spending right now.  It was indeed delivered in such a way that he would NOT be funding increasing the debt pile.

Of course, he can come out and say "not to worry, I have the funds to continue to underwrite 500k-1m of losses a year while we await the future benefits of ground development, upon which we will reap the benefits of increased revenues and profits to offset this investment".  But he hasn't.

Wish I'd read this first. That's it exactly
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6914 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:49:46 »

Quote from: STFC_Manc
That is actually wrong, a sunk cost in business terms means what you have invested to date. You can stop investing any more but you don't have to.

you're missing the very important point that skunk costs are generally not recoverable.

Clems 5M and "keilys" 2 are recoverable. nothing wrong with that
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: