Pages: 1 ... 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253677 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6720 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 16:08:27 »

I'm sure they haven't! This is STFC.

We’ll see.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6721 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 16:11:21 »

do we know if this will benefit STFC financially, or Clem, or is that basically the same thing (no it isn't).

if it's not self funding it seems like another thing that isn't a priority until we get our finances straight
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6722 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 16:44:12 »

We’re a company that sponsors work visa’s and co-incidentally has a football team

Things get better but they never get good
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #6723 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:28:06 »

As well as naturally trying to find Oz football talent to play for STFC it's also a very good revenue opportunity for the club to the tune of 6 figures per season if they get it right.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6724 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:31:46 »

As well as naturally trying to find Oz football talent to play for STFC it's also a very good revenue opportunity for the club to the tune of 6 figures per season if they get it right.

Please can you explain how?
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #6725 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:36:04 »

Sure. In Oz (and US and some other countries), parents pay an annual fee for their kids/teens/young adults to be part of a well respected football (or other sporting academy) , so to be part of a STFC branded academy  in Oz will be a big pull and attract great interest and paid signups.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6726 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:50:53 »

STFC a big pull in Oz?

Ok then
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6727 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:52:24 »

Sure. In Oz (and US and some other countries), parents pay an annual fee for their kids/teens/young adults to be part of a well respected football (or other sporting academy) , so to be part of a STFC branded academy  in Oz will be a big pull and attract great interest and paid signups.

Thanks. And that money makes its way to the club here in SN1?

Not sure it is as much of a slam dunk as is being made out here. Ask Brad Friedel.

As Tans says, other than Dave Mitchell’s immediate family, I’d be surprised if anyone has ever heard of us but hey, let’s see.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6728 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:54:26 »

Are you saying it will be similar to this?

https://lfcacademy.com.au/
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6729 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:58:08 »

STFC a big pull in Oz?

Ok then

I think just being one of the 92 will carry some weight.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #6730 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:59:35 »

STFC a big pull in Oz?

Ok then
Clem has ex Oz footballers promoting it in Oz so yes it's gaining alot of interest
All monies made go back into STFC yes
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6731 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 19:02:30 »

Clem has ex Oz footballers promoting it in Oz so yes it's gaining alot of interest
All monies made go back into STFC yes

More importantly. Have you fellas seen the financial books yet?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6732 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 19:37:21 »

Swindon Town are currently scrabbling about trying to make a quick buck whilst, allegedly, dodging the odd local vendor along the way, and we really think Morfuni is at home busily conjuring up a long-term plan to pump 6-figures on an annual basis into the club via Australian soccer schools?

Town making money from this sounds beyond fanciful. Surely most clubs in the EFL who could afford it would be in Australia if it was that easy? Ex-pros egging a local-businessman on to pump money into grassroots Australian football isn't exactly surprising either. I'm sure they'd rather that than see Morfuni waste money of improving STFCs own development infrastructure?

I have humble pie in the freezer ready for the day but I'd wager that Clem Morfuni's association with Swindon will be over by the time that project starts making meaningful profits.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6733 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 19:40:21 »

Swindon Town are currently scrabbling about trying to make a quick buck whilst, allegedly, dodging the odd local vendor along the way, and we really think Morfuni is at home busily conjuring up a long-term plan to pump 6-figures on an annual basis into the club via Australian soccer schools?

Town making money from this sounds beyond fanciful. Surely most clubs in the EFL who could afford it would be in Australia if it was that easy? Ex-pros egging a local-businessman on to pump money into grassroots Australian football isn't exactly surprising either. I'm sure they'd rather that than see Morfuni waste money of improving STFCs own development infrastructure?

I have humble pie in the freezer ready for the day but I'd wager that Clem Morfuni's association with Swindon will be over by the time that project starts making meaningful profits.

Which local vendors are these, Rich?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6734 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 19:44:46 »

Which local vendors are these, Rich?

I know of at least one local company who, until recently, hadn't been paid from a job this year. Heard a couple of delayed payments elsewhere too.

Perhaps payments have been made since but it's the standard tactic.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: