Pages: 1 ... 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1252556 times)
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #5910 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:05:41 »

Has it gone beyond rumours?

Well you’re right, it’s not official but it’s got more legs than the hungry caterpillar.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5911 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:18:01 »

I'm sure he would whistle blow if it was that serious.

Would he though, no doubt he is an honourable bloke with the club at heart, but he will also have a mortgage to pay.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5912 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:21:26 »

Would he though, no doubt he is an honourable bloke with the club at heart, but he will also have a mortgage to pay.

Some things are more important than mortgages.
Then again a quiet word to former colleagues in the Trust & who would know?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5913 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:25:01 »

Some things are more important than mortgages.
Then again a quiet word to former colleagues in the Trust & who would know?

Or a quiet word to someone who posts on an internet forum?  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5914 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:28:53 »

Probably got fed up of peddling the bullshit. But if a Clem stooge becomes CEO that’s one level of checks and balances gone.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #5915 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:29:16 »

All Whelan tweeted was that he got a ‘no comment’ from the club when asked about Rob Angus.

Was it "No Comment" or no comment?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5916 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:34:53 »

If Angus has left what difference does it make really? Flynn and other football staff report direct to Morfuni. In fact it might help the trust be more independent- at the end of the day Rob was a trust member working for the club.

In the grand scheme of things. not that much.  He was never there because he had in depth knowledge of the footballing world and you'd think Clem's own people would have their own experience of the Corporate world.  If he has gone, the only real impact is the curtain finally falling on this being a sense of having "our club back".  It becomes completely obvious that is just a PR tag line (some never brought into it anyway).

There would be some that would say his presence may have stopped any shenanigan's, but it's clear that isn't preventing people anyway.  There are always ways - like Zav's side hustle in Pakistan for example, all kept just enough length of an arm away from the STFC limited company, but clearly using it's brand.  Nothing illegal, plenty skirting bad ethics, but nothing Rob or any CEO could do.

Maybe the JV should offer Rob the job of running the Trust side of that, regardless of the outcome here.  He seems a decent enough Corporate bod of high enough standing and has a couple of years of insight into the people on the JV representing the club.  Use this, whatever this may be, as an opportunity.

He could also do a decent job in supporting that Trust bid I suggested now would be a good time test out.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #5917 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:56:16 »

Not ignoring you!

It would not be believed so no point in posting...

It'll all come out very soon...
Coward.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #5918 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 14:07:19 »

I can positively say that Rob is still CEO.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5919 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 14:54:03 »

If Angus does go it would be rather concerning  - although after putting out the last statement he did and then 24 hours later for it to be proved false you would not have thought he was impressed, and as he strikes me as someone who is always honest....

I think a lot of fan feel with Angus as CEO there is that level of protection and he would not let anything untoward happen on his watch and if it did he would do something about it  - even if it was tipping off the Trust unofficially.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5920 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:26:27 »

Incredibly lots of City fans I know aren't happy with Lansdown. They think he's more interested in the rugby than the footballing side. Imagine being unhappy having a billionaire owner who's pumped 10s of millions in to your club.

Most delusional fan base in world football based in the most underperforming reasonably big city in football.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #5921 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:29:30 »

Rob will be there tomorrow as CEO. Everyone can ask him.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5922 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:29:34 »

He could also do a decent job in supporting that Trust bid I suggested now would be a good time test out.

Was my thought as well that he could get back in to the trust and really fill them in with what is going on barring any NDA.

Or even if he has at least so it off the record so we know what we're dealing with here.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5923 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:39:41 »

Should Aberdeen decide his employment future lies elsewhere I hope it doesn’t turn toxic. If he hasn’t got one I’d suggest an enhanced ‘ring doorbell’ might be a good investment, after all you can never be to careful who you open the front door too.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #5924 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 15:40:10 »

Rob will be there tomorrow as CEO. Everyone can ask him.

I am loving the fact that one negative rumour has been jumped on, yet someone saying its 100% not true is being ignored
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: