Pages: 1 ... 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253644 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #5805 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:01:45 »

Guys, soon

We will get to know who is pulling the strings here.

A fiver says it is Standing.

Obviously, I have not seen the ground purchase agreement, however Morfuni said some thing strange in a recent interview when he mentioned that he had purchased (owns) the ground and was allowing the supporters to join him.

I could be wrong because I can't find his comments again to verify this.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5806 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:02:49 »

How do you go about getting stfc lotto tickets? 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5807 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:06:11 »

Nobody has won on it yet either
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5808 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:07:25 »

50% of an asset. How does anyone extract money from that. With or without Aberdeen the Trust will still have to be involved if someone wants to raise capital (borrow against) the ground. Current squad is just that - current. If a couple of free agents are signed would that be acceptable.

Sure, low levels of support staff is a pest when it affects someone personally - me turning up and the shop is shut - but that doesn’t impact the playing side.

Tbh, if the accounts filed annually revert back to Power’s minimalised version, that’s the time to worry. But while full accounts are filed for those more knowledgeable than me to pour over its pure conjecture that we’re being raped. Again, I don’t know if there are ways for some income to not go through the accounts and straight into pockets .

I think RobertT has covered that first point off before. It was above my head! But I do believe that 'Clem' benefits from his 50% share when/if he sells.

On the staffing, how did not having a Club Secretary damage our January window?

To be clear again, I'm not saying we are currently being raped. I have my suspicions but you are right, there is no evidence we are yet. But I hugely resent the "we've got our club back" rhetoric that was aggressively deployed, with dissenting voices shouted down, when this Trust-backed takeover happened. My issue is much more that this was obviously all built on lies. I also don't want to be lining the pockets of ex-drugs traffickers and launderers when I come to a match. That doesn't feel much to ask.

And when I say "The Trust", I appreciate that not everyone there will have agreed with this direction of travel but I'd rather just refer to the collective to avoid unpleasantness.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5809 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:07:45 »

Nobody has won on it yet either

I wonder how much income it raises?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5810 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:14:41 »

I think RobertT has covered that first point off before. It was above my head! But I do believe that 'Clem' benefits from his 50% share when/if he sells.

On the staffing, how did not having a Club Secretary damage our January window?

To be clear again, I'm not saying we are currently being raped. I have my suspicions but you are right, there is no evidence we are yet. But I hugely resent the "we've got our club back" rhetoric that was aggressively deployed, with dissenting voices shouted down, when this Trust-backed takeover happened. My issue is much more that this was obviously all built on lies. I also don't want to be lining the pockets of ex-drugs traffickers and launderers when I come to a match. That doesn't feel much to ask.

And when I say "The Trust", I appreciate that not everyone there will have agreed with this direction of travel but I'd rather just refer to the collective to avoid unpleasantness.

I was thinking on Clem’s exit. Is it likely that someone would buy the club but not the 50% of the CG. Would someone buy his 50% of the CG but not the club. I think it might prove to be a tricky sell. I presume you’d be happy as a pig in shit if Clem sold up even if he walked away with a profit.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5811 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:15:37 »

I was thinking on Clem’s exit. Is it likely that someone would buy the club but not the 50% of the CG. Would someone buy his 50% of the CG but not the club. I think it might prove to be a tricky sell. I presume you’d be happy as a pig in shit if Clem sold up even if he walked away with a profit.

Depends who the next guy is... Adolf Eichmann on our current trajectory.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5812 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:17:28 »

It’s always going to depend on the next guy at every club. You’d like to think we’ve had our fair share of dodgers and should be due a decent one. Where’s that can of Red Bull?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #5813 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:24:22 »

I wonder how much income it raises?

So the jackpot is £250 per week and rolls over till won, so they need to cover £13k for the year. At £5 per month, they need 216 people playing to cover the jackpot. The last number of people I saw playing was about 200, which isn’t going to fill the coffers.

The problem is with only one prize, people will tire of this very quickly.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5814 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:35:12 »

Could it just be that Aberdeen has decided the hassle of being STFC CEO is not for him and he just wants to go back to being a supporter.

Understandable if so, the bloke has taken a huge amount of unwarranted shite on social media, the idea being touted previously by some that he should stand down on principle (rather ignoring that no doubt he has a mortgage to pay and a family to feed like the rest of us) was frankly so detached from reality it was amusing.

I see that the Trust are now apparently entirely responsible for the decisions of the Nigel Eady Trust and that Clem/RA are being compared to actual Nazi's...

Fucks sake, hyperbole doesn't come fecking close.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:37:16 by horlock07 » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5815 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:38:44 »

Noticed JanAirplaneMan was logged in this morning. Thought he may have confirmed or denied Aberdeen’s position.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5816 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:40:21 »

As far as I'm aware the 50% share of the CG goes with selling the club.
There's no option for one or the other.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5817 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:42:43 »

Noticed JanAirplaneMan was logged in this morning. Thought he may have confirmed or denied Aberdeen’s position.
It would have been highly inappropriate if he did!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5818 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:44:43 »

As far as I'm aware the 50% share of the CG goes with selling the club.
There's no option for one or the other.
Yeah I'm really sure too that the JV agreements are really watertight and protect us quite well. I'm sure a unanimous vote of some kind is needed to allow the clubs 50% to be transferred elsewhere.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5819 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:47:14 »

Understandable if so, the bloke has taken a huge amount of unwarranted shite on social media, the idea being touted previously by some that he should stand down on principle (rather ignoring that no doubt he has a mortgage to pay and a family to feed like the rest of us) was frankly so detached from reality it was amusing.

I see that the Trust are now apparently entirely responsible for the decisions of the Nigel Eady Trust and that Clem/RA are being compared to actual Nazi's...

Fucks sake, hyperbole doesn't come fecking close.

They clearly aren't. That was a joke about the trajectory of the ownership. Andrew Black>Jed>Power>Zav/Hart et al. It's the Evolution of Man in reverse.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 8, 2023, 09:58:41 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: