Pages: 1 ... 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254152 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #5325 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:31:58 »

I hope for our sake that Clem is being transparent as he says when it comes to us pleading mitigation to the EFL- if he isn’t I can see us being hit with a big sanction
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5326 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:36:04 »

I hope for our sake that Clem is being transparent as he says when it comes to us pleading mitigation to the EFL- if he isn’t I can see us being hit with a big sanction

I mean I don't know for certain but I would imagine he will protect himself first before anything else...he's already thrown Angus under the proverbial, whilst knowing it will make RA look a bit silly.

So, you may already have your answer - unfortunately  Sad

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5327 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:36:28 »

I wish they'd show as much passion at the game as they do on social media  Roll Eyes

To be fair I’ve found that a lot of people that like to criticise the club for everything they do, don’t actually go to games.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #5328 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:45:45 »

https://truststfc.com/2023/08/18/truststfc-statement-response-to-clem-morfuni-statement-on-companies-house/
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5329 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:48:59 »

To be fair I’ve found that a lot of people that like to criticise the club for everything they do, don’t actually go to games.

I think we have to be careful regarding criticising club and criticising team. I think the former it continuously making it's own bed when it comes to due criticism and can be viewed and critically given by all, regardless of attendance to games.

When it comes to actual team criticism or performance of said team then some form of attendance {in person or online} would be more reasoned than someone who hasn't even read the BBC Sport text commentary for a game.

Ergo, you don't have to attend games in order to criticise the club.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5330 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:58:06 »

Is that some form of a backbone in that statement!
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #5331 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:00:00 »

Good statement as far as I can tell, just one question. Has Clem already agreed in principle to the meeting, or are the Trust still seeking an agreement in principle?

Otherwise, thank you for the update.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5332 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:02:40 »

Good start.

On the Debenture front, the pressing need to pay got me digging - originally, the public information shared at the time Power and Jed had their face off was that it related to the sale of the business.

Why then did it become pressing only in September 2022?

Clearly the timing, based on the Trust statement, aligns with the legal work being done to fund the purchase of the CG and not the sale of the business itself.

Looking at the Debentures, of which there were actually four in total, it would appear they were secured against everything the club owned, which was not that much, even after sale.  My hypothesis here would be that the imminent purchase by Eady, which would give the company a 50% stake in a Freehold, would have invoked Black & Arbibb exercising their rights to call in the secured debt.  Essentially, the club would have been given an asset over night that would give Black and Arbib a way of getting their money back, calling in their debt or taking control of the 50% owned by the club.  The golden goose (which really is copper at best) would have flown the nest as soon as the ink was dry.

That makes it a choice, one I can well think I would make in the same situation.

It all still reverts back to why on earth they felt the need to keep all of that behind closed doors, especially given the fact Eady was giving them this opportunity alongside the Trust.  You'd think a moral compass would compel you to share that information.

The problem they have created for themselves is that hiding it makes everyone ask - why?  It must mean they have something to hide, will be the general feeling.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5333 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:03:11 »

Thumb

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5334 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:04:00 »

Cheers for posting and great work.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5335 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:05:16 »

Problem is even if Morfuni had come out and said he needed cash quickly there would have been those who kicked off about it, even if he had borrowed it from Barclays or Coutts!

There are 10% of people who will never be happy and 10% of people that'll still spread their messages of positivity and support of the owner if the club were being liquidated. Those people on either end are mongs. You've gotta try and satisfy the 80% (ironic) of people in the middle that while might lean more one way or the other, have somewhat of a level head.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5336 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:06:51 »

Club now getting pelters for new partnership with Quinn bet. Whilst not the best timing, I don't personally agree with the large-scale criticism given that the club is playing in SKY BET League 2...

Agree. I get why some people don't like betting sponsorships, but its everywhere and a club like us turning down money while playing in a betting sponsored league would be asinine.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5337 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:07:47 »

Fair play, more spike in that Trust statement than many would have expected, whilst still being professional.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5338 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:09:17 »

Yup, it is definitely more robust than the soft soaping of the last two years.

Thanks for the update.

"Establishing the roles and influence of key individuals" should have been done a long time ago, before these people stood to benefit from the generosity of the Eady Trust.

The best thing that can happen now is that this is all confronted head on, and it looks like yesterday's reality enema might have reminded the Trust of their actual role, which isn't to dole out crystal trinkets to 'heroes' or fraternise with ex-cons.

Better late than never.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5339 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:14:20 »

Well done Trust
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: