Pages: 1 ... 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253929 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4290 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 16:23:26 »

Amazes me the people that moan about stuff like this.

No one has a gun to your head saying you must pay and go. If it’s not for you, that’s fine, just no reason to make a song and dance about it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4291 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 16:24:24 »

yep, agreed. These guys seem pretty popular and I can see a fair few fans going for it. Parents getting it for their kids for Christmas/Birthday presents etc perhaps?

I suppose it's no different to Crouchfest or something like that.

Under the Cosih is £23 and Crouchfest is £35 - plus they have to pay for a venue too.

How much is hospitality nowadays?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #4292 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 16:26:33 »

Depends on the package I think, pretty sure I read in the region of £80 and £110 upwards per match
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4293 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 16:52:14 »

Russell confirmed as Head of Football

New secretary
New media
New sports scientist

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/an-update-to-our-behind-the-scenes-personnel/

I listened to the Jamie Russell interview earlier on the Tom Broadbent podcast. It was pretty interesting and Jamie speaks very well. The Karachi academy thing still appears to be very much happening, but I assume Zav has stepped away from that. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4294 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 20:30:28 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
but I assume Zav has stepped away from that. 

because of something said on the pod, or personal opinion as he's 'stepped away'
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #4295 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 07:52:24 »

Amazes me the people that moan about stuff like this.

No one has a gun to your head saying you must pay and go. If it’s not for you, that’s fine, just no reason to make a song and dance about it.

People do really feel the need to criticise everything at the club at the moment. There are a lot of things that aren't right but making a song and a dance about this isn't necessary. It's expensive yes, but so are a lot of things in the world at the moment. As you rightly say, nobody is forcing anyone to pay it and go.
DMC

« Reply #4296 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 07:55:36 »

Fair play to OSC last night stepping in to correct people that it is their event that is charging the £5 for charity and not the club
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4297 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 07:56:03 »

because of something said on the pod, or personal opinion as he's 'stepped away'

Sorry, that was a bit ambiguous what I said Batch. My opinion really, with all the bad publicity and open questions by fans about Zav I'd just assume that they would have moved him away from any projects that the club have. I've no idea if that's accurate or not however, it was just when Jamie said about the Karachi academy it got the old grey matter going, that was all.   

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4298 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 08:08:52 »

Fair play to OSC last night stepping in to correct people that it is their event that is charging the £5 for charity and not the club
that was clear from the email

edit: wait, do you mean the club will hold their own fans forum?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #4299 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 08:11:25 »

I’m not sure the ‘kit room’ proceeds will be going to the club either, they’ll be directed to the podcast surely
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4300 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 08:50:56 »

I doubt it - it’s employees of the club using club facilities to run club related events and shows. Imagine the club will take the earnings

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4301 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 12:02:14 »

Finding innovative ways to increase Revenue is precisely what the club should be doing.  You don't compete with teams like Wrexham by invoking some sort of 1880's fair play rules.  We can knock them all we like, but they are going to bring in probably x3 the amount any other team does in this league - and yes, they have some star power to help them and back them up even further, but they've done a good job of showing just how useless most clubs are at making money.  Outside the top league, where the entire league as a brand sort of does a lot of he heavy lifting, we've all sat lower down here bemoaning our bad luck to be so poor rather than doing much about it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4302 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 12:49:22 »

that was clear from the email

edit: wait, do you mean the club will hold their own fans forum?

They will have Clem there in attendance
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4303 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 16:38:52 »

Finding innovative ways to increase Revenue is precisely what the club should be doing.  You don't compete with teams like Wrexham by invoking some sort of 1880's fair play rules.  We can knock them all we like, but they are going to bring in probably x3 the amount any other team does in this league - and yes, they have some star power to help them and back them up even further, but they've done a good job of showing just how useless most clubs are at making money.  Outside the top league, where the entire league as a brand sort of does a lot of he heavy lifting, we've all sat lower down here bemoaning our bad luck to be so poor rather than doing much about it.

And a polite reminder to the masses, it would seem the the owner or custodian of the club isn’t trousering everything that comes into it either.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 21, 2023, 17:12:44 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #4304 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 17:01:00 »

I’m not sure the ‘kit room’ proceeds will be going to the club either, they’ll be directed to the podcast surely

Club taking percentage of it...
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: