Pages: 1 ... 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1251663 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #4110 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 08:03:24 »

At this point I just feel like an abused housewife. You get treated like shit, constantly lied to and let down but you just love it so much that you can't walk away...!

That is exactly how I feel at the moment.

Years ago I lived with a girl who I fell out of love with and every time she said something I just pitied her and felt angry,  that is how I feel about STFC at the moment.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #4111 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 08:05:31 »

Someone said previously that if we're looking at the likes of Demetriou then we would be struggling this season may be forgetting that was the calibre of player Flynn had at Newport when he got them into the play-offs. A decent manager who knows what he's doing and can pull a solid team together can make a huge difference.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4112 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 08:08:38 »

If the football is effecting you that much, take a break - walk away. Genuinely, do it.

I hit that wall when Paul Hart was appointed. Binning my season ticket was probably one of the best things I did.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4113 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 08:14:36 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/apr/24/watford-season-ticket-fans-pozzo

I read this a couple of months ago and it made me think a bit. Distance makes it not a relevant conversation for me, but it might be of more interest to others.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4114 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 08:15:57 »

Yeah, I had to abandon the Covid/Sheridactyl year as it was just misery upon misery!

This time around it is more the crushing realisation that the 'dream' that Clem sold is just that... From the euphoric high of Power leaving to the absolute shame of seeing a convicted drugs money launderer hobnobbing with Government ministers in the FCDO on behalf of the club, it has been a slow, gnawing, ever growing sense that we are holed below the waterline.

I've largely just got round to enjoying the more important things about going: the routine with friends and family etc.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #4115 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 08:21:29 »

Yeah, I had to abandon the Covid/Sheridactyl year as it was just misery upon misery!

This time around it is more the crushing realisation that the 'dream' that Clem sold is just that... From the euphoric high of Power leaving to the absolute shame of seeing a convicted drugs money launderer hobnobbing with Government ministers in the FCDO on behalf of the club, it has been a slow, gnawing, ever growing sense that we are holed below the waterline.

I've largely just got round to enjoying the more important things about going: the routine with friends and family etc.

Truthfully I reckon that’s what keeps most of us going. It’s definitely not the winning, we all wouldn’t be supporting Swindon if that was the case. The routine of meeting up with friends/family at the pub pre match is usually the best bit of the day, it’s just a bonus if the football ends up being decent.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4116 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 08:29:41 »

There’s way too much angst. There’s fuck all anybody can do change anything so why bother plucking your pubes and making your eyes run.

See you all tomorrow!
DMC

« Reply #4117 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 09:11:01 »

I do think and i mean this in the nicest way but if it's getting to a stage where you are comparing it to how you used to hate your ex or a abusove relationship it's honestly better to just nip it in the bud
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4118 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 09:16:57 »

Thank you for your concern but I’m just shooting the shit on a forum, which I thought was the main effort here.

There does seem to be a view that anyone negative needs to “step away” which feels like the lingering effect of the Stockholm Syndrome suffered by most during Power’s reign of terror.

Negativity isn’t trolling. There’s a difference.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4119 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 09:21:09 »

Thank you for your concern but I’m just shooting the shit on a forum, which I thought was the main effort here.

There does seem to be a view that anyone negative needs to “step away” which feels like the lingering effect of the Stockholm Syndrome suffered by most during Power’s reign of terror.

I think in the nicest possible way that the moral high ground rather fucked off and left when you started accusing anyone who didn't agree with your incessant negative postings about the present regime at the club of being a happy clapper. Its a two way street old chap.

I'm probably lucky insofar as being 200+ miles away I am likley less invested, but the way that people get so angry and miserable about sport baffles me, if it has such a bad effect on you walk away, spend time with the family, watch homes under the hammer.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #4120 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 09:27:48 »

The thing that's most disappointing is that the Clem era appeared to breathe new light into the club. The first season was terrific going from 5 players 2 weeks before the start of the season to nearly promoted through the play-offs. All momentum was lost last season when players, Garner, and Chorley left. It wouldn't be Swindon if things weren't right behind the scenes, and it's sad that we can't ever get excited as there's always the 'what if it's not as good as it seems.' I can understand why people are feeling like they've had enough.
DMC

« Reply #4121 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 09:31:11 »

I have not called you a troll and i have been just as negative and i don't suggest you step away for being negative but it all sounded a bit deep to me and not that healthy to be honest. Talk of stockholm syndrome and abusive realationships in regards to supporting a football team just seems way ott for me personally. I am also just shooting shit on a forum 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4122 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 09:36:49 »

Someone said previously that if we're looking at the likes of Demetriou then we would be struggling this season may be forgetting that was the calibre of player Flynn had at Newport when he got them into the play-offs. A decent manager who knows what he's doing and can pull a solid team together can make a huge difference.

So lets try and give him a squad that isn't shit and we might be on to a winner.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4123 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 09:38:46 »

Damn, I know I wanted to. But there was fuck all else to do around that time.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4124 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 09:40:09 »

Truthfully I reckon that’s what keeps most of us going. It’s definitely not the winning, we all wouldn’t be supporting Swindon if that was the case. The routine of meeting up with friends/family at the pub pre match is usually the best bit of the day, it’s just a bonus if the football ends up being decent.

Always has been what kept me going for years, but at some point its just so dire it doesn't even warrant the cost and you're reduced to occasional appearances.

Just give me something that isn't total dross and I'd be pretty regular.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: