Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253619 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3675 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:23:54 »

Academy coaches (and players(?), FITC, Women's Team, matchday hospitality etc..

To be fair with a squad of 41, that's only another 87 so not really that shocking.
The thing is how many of those are on very little and zero hours contracts?

FITC is surely an entirely separately run entity.
Women's team won't be included in that, only just moved to STFC proper
We had an academy last year!
Hospitality always used to be STFC provided, certainly outside the CentrePoint contract. Maybe its yo-yo'd since.

I reckon it is moving other functions in house, like catering, maybe security arrangement has changed, etc. But as you say, gig economics.

I was being flippent anyway - I'm not suggesting its not accurate and accountable - more that I can't ask now Smiley
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3676 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:24:17 »

They've roused the Supporters Club into a semi-critical statement, which takes some doing

https://twitter.com/STFCSupClub/status/1658050643976761347

Will be very interesting to see what the (traditionally more activist) Trust has to say.

Woah. Fair play OSC. When the official supporters club is publicly appearing to be unsatisfied with the decision it says a lot....

Not the end of the world by any means, but think the OSC have probably seen it as more of a principle thing.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3677 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:31:35 »

Not the end of the world by any means,

It isn't, the questions will keep. Its just another fuck up in a long list of fuck ups over the season. Last minute really doesn't help.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3678 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:34:40 »

It isn't, the questions will keep. Its just another fuck up in a long list of fuck ups over the season. Last minute really doesn't help.

Agree. Just a shambles of a club at the mo. Every time something good comes out/mood improves (how it has with Flynn) something like this happens. https://twitter.com/LoathedStranger/status/1658048427710709760?s=20
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3679 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:46:25 »

If they’d buried this in the Flynn appointment PR they’d have got away with it.

They could even have made it make sense if they were smart. But they aren’t.
DMC

« Reply #3680 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:46:59 »

Timing is terrible again and the tweet could have been a bit more well informed as a lot of fans only see the headline. The actual reasoning makes sense but that wont matter now as the fuck up of the last 12 months has put us all on the back foot and questioning everything they do
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3681 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:52:01 »

I get cancelling it if something has materially changed but saying it’s cancelled because Clem can’t attend in person when he was never going to be there in the first place is just bizarre. Why book it on the 17th in the first place and why has it taken until 2 days before to cancel it? Why can’t he just attend the 1st of the 2 that are required next season rather than incurring additional suspicion and angst by cancelling?

Can the club not see how bad the optics of this look? I guess we just have to accept that those running the club are naive/incompetent/other (delete as appropriate) and clusterfucks are going to be a regular occurrence until a time comes when more appropriate and experienced people occupy key positions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3682 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:55:20 »

The actual reasoning makes sense
Does it? When is Clem over, for the window?

Agree totally with the rest.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3683 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:02:36 »

Same as Batch, I agree with DMC post but not sure on the reasoning making sense part

From the perspective that Clem will be there in person, yes it makes sense,  but clem was always down to be at the forum via a video call. Changing that 2 days before is just bizarre, but textbook from this regimes methods.

Does it make more sense in that Flynn won't have to be there to take/listen to questions on Zav Austin, Karachi, MOUs, Fit and proper persons test, Kiely, Hart etc etc - makes sense for the regime - yes, everybody else - no.

Dunno about everyone else but Flynn being there/not being there doesn't really bother me? He's the football man can't exactly ask him/tell him to set up in a certain way against Harrogate away next season  

Like I said earlier, not end of world but more a case of club brushing what they can under carpet for now and setting new date in summer for when club has signed a few players and mood is better.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #3684 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:15:30 »

Just puts further unnecessary pressure on the club. Should’ve went ahead with it as scheduled, took their medicine (which realistically would have been a couple of pressing questions, asked amongst the usual catering, ticketing etc questions) and move on. Instead, they now risk a poor summer of recruitment which will just add to the anger at the next Fans Forum.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #3685 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:20:27 »

I was only thinking this morning that they would probably have got a much easier ride than they would have got, because of the removal of Sandro/Morris and the quick addition of Flynn.

They really need to get some independent people on to the AB to open their eyes, as I worry they have far too many yes men and people pushing their own agenda at the moment. Which makes them blind to certain things.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3686 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:33:36 »

I wonder if by cancelling the forum, the club have bought themselves time to have in place some really exciting and positive news to give the fans when they finally convene?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3687 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:36:45 »

More own goals than Carragher this lot.
DMC

« Reply #3688 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:39:42 »

Does it? When is Clem over, for the window?

Agree totally with the rest.
They have also said because of Flynn as well though. It makes sense to me
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3689 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:47:33 »

They have also said because of Flynn as well though. It makes sense to me

Should it have gone ahead, probably yes, but you know as well as I do that it it had gone ahead with Clem dialling in there would be loads of comment after the event that it was a #shambles that he wasn't there in person and it was dodging questions.

They are not helping themselves at the moment, but I suspect that's not helped by them also realising that whatever is said it will be spun negatively to suit certain adopted narratives bv some of the fan base.

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: