Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253698 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3585 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:02:46 »

I don’t get the Flynn thing, he’s only managed at 2 clubs, both in this league and achieved nothing at either including this season. His Newport team were awful to watch, they just tried to win using brute force. I’m not quite sure where his positive reputation has come from?
Walsall fans hated him.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Flynn sacked after this and he cant grumble too much if he is. However I expect him to get another job in league 2 and do well like Clarke did. We are toxic to the core.

Am I the only one who dreads another year of Flynn football and recruitment?
I’d sack him

Under Flynn we are absolute dog shit

Hope we lose if it means Flynn getting the sack.

When you look at how the football world is at present and the likes of Watford sack managers for winning 1 in 18 minutes you have to say Flynn is very lucky to still be here after winning 1 in 18 matches.

Hoping we would lose so they’d have to sack Flynn

Just embarrassing. As bad as anything I saw last season. My thoughts that Flynn could turn this around are fading quickly, I think this team is in real trouble. Can’t find anything positive to say other than it is only 1-0. Sacking him probably isn’t the answer but this shambles can’t go on

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3586 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:03:02 »

I don’t get the Flynn thing, he’s only managed at 2 clubs, both in this league and achieved nothing at either including this season. His Newport team were awful to watch, they just tried to win using brute force. I’m not quite sure where his positive reputation has come from?

You literally have had nothing positive to say about any name that’s been mentioned.
Who do you even want?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3587 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:04:17 »

Must agree, wouldn’t be my choice but not sure who would be,  Artell would probably be the one if I had to pick onebut as normal we’ll probably bring in an unknown  - as they’re cheap.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3588 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:04:23 »

Flynn done a number on us at home that's good enough for me! Give him a decent budget and he may excel at a bigger club.

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3589 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:05:08 »

You literally have had nothing positive to say about any name that’s been mentioned.
Who do you even want?
I’d have Garrard or someone like that, said that already. Someone making the next step in their career. What’s the point in just going after the same names as every other club and expecting a different result.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #3590 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:06:30 »

Not saying he’s the best out there, but got Newport to two L2 play off finals on what was likely a shoestring budget. Yes the football was dire to watch, but he played to his team’s strengths. Managed a couple of impressive cup runs too, although that obviously isn’t a priority. If it wasn’t for a very dodgy penalty decision against Morecambe in 2021, and having two stonewall penalties turned down v Tranmere in 2019, we could be talking about a manager who won promotion with very limited resources. Alas, we’re not, however think he did a good job at Newport. Walsall on the other hand was a failure, but realistically where are you going to find a manager at this level that has not failed somewhere? Walsall also a graveyard for managers atm.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3591 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:07:57 »

I’d have Garrard or someone like that, said that already. Someone making the next step in their career. What’s the point in just going after the same names as every other club and expecting a different result.

Like Morris?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3592 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:09:23 »

Flynn sounds very underwhelming. I'd like Garrard but we'd have to pay compo which probably rules it out.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3593 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:09:41 »

Like Morris?
Garrard been a manager, the main man for a number of years now, not like it’s much of a jump in standard.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3594 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:10:36 »

You literally have had nothing positive to say about anything ever.

DMC

« Reply #3595 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:44:26 »

Someone like a Ben Garner ,Lindsey or Jody Morris then
DMC

« Reply #3596 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:45:43 »

Flynn sounds very underwhelming. I'd like Garrard but we'd have to pay compo which probably rules it out.
We just paid Compo to Chelsea for Brand and paid their contracts up. I dont think paying boreham wood is an issue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3597 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:46:12 »

Garner, but neither of the other two had been a manager before.

TBF, Garner was the most successful of the three
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3598 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:47:17 »

We just paid Compo to Chelsea for Brand and paid their contracts up. I dont think paying boreham wood is an issue.

But, we are skint, remember?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3599 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:47:56 »

Lindsey and Morris had never managed before and Garner well… so not really anything like them no as Garrard has been a manager for 8 years. It’s not pretty football but it would be nice to see a team look like they know how to defend on a rare occasion.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: