Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253893 times)
DMC

« Reply #3360 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 16:17:51 »

I would be spunking so much money on a decent media and comms person because anything tat comes out at te moment is horrific. How half the stuff gets to press and website astounds me
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3361 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 16:19:04 »

They are legit but not exclusive to Northampton (a). Why they pinned them to a particular game? No idea.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3362 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 17:26:00 »

They have extended the early bird season tickets until the end of may. Must be shiiting it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3363 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 17:52:15 »

Surprised we haven't started listing the players themselves - Oscar Massey, only used once, almost good as new.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3364 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 17:55:03 »

Surprised we haven't started listing the players themselves - Oscar Massey, only used once, almost good as new.

If we sold players we would get lots of customer returns🤣

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3365 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:01:25 »

Only 19 with zero games under his belt when we signed him.
Fairly obvious he wasn’t signed with this season in mind.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3366 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:09:11 »

Fucking reeks.

I’m sure people, particularly parents to kids fresh off a very costly two week Easter break, coulda done with spending £390 + for example on something else this month.

Another stinker. Add it to the list.

1k out of 5k+ had renewed last time we heard. 20%. Fans ain’t daft. This regime is failing miserably in all aspects. Of course it’s the right thing to do (extend), when only 20% of your ST customer base renewed at cheaper price.

Where’s our chairman gone? Gone fucking mute.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3367 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:16:39 »

Hardly any incentive to renew in the early bird period (£15) compared to previous years
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3368 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:17:32 »

The early bird prices get extended every year - probably by multiple clubs across the leagues.

Parents or anyone else who has / had a season ticket knows when it’s time to renew. If they desperately needed the money else where this month then purchasing a season ticket is probably not a good idea anyway.

It’s not like for example, your car breaking down - an unexpected expense.
It’s the same (extended) window every year.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3369 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:31:57 »

Only 19 with zero games under his belt when we signed him.
Fairly obvious he wasn’t signed with this season in mind.

He’s only on a one year contract isnt he?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3370 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:34:38 »

The early bird prices get extended every year - probably by multiple clubs across the leagues.

Parents or anyone else who has / had a season ticket knows when it’s time to renew. If they desperately needed the money else where this month then purchasing a season ticket is probably not a good idea anyway.

It’s not like for example, your car breaking down - an unexpected expense.
It’s the same (extended) window every year.

I said spend it on something else this month, not at all, and not that they wouldn’t have to spend it anyway.

You can spin it whichever way you like mate, bigger picture is this regime is failing in every department right now. Anyone that does renew ticket is currently in a large minority - that’s rotten, and it’s a shit situation the clubs finds it self in. Only themselves to blame. Sad to see how much we’ve demised since last summer. Same old swindon.  
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3371 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:39:40 »

I said spend it on something else this month, not at all, and not that they wouldn’t have to spend it anyway.

You can spin it whichever way you like mate, bigger picture is this regime is failing in every department right now. Anyone that does renew ticket is currently in a large minority - that’s rotten, and it’s a shit situation the clubs finds it self in. Only themselves to blame. Sad to see how much we’ve demised since last summer. Same old swindon. 

Yeah, we are shit. Clem made a massive mistake buying us and keeping us going on life support. He should have pulled the plug and let the club die. Would have been better for everyone.

This regime have done a lot wrong and I’m not saying otherwise. There are plenty of sticks we can use to beat them with but I don’t think extending the early bird deadline is one. It happened long before this regime, it will happen after this regime and it’ll happen at other clubs. In this instance it’s a football thing rather than a Swindon thing.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3372 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:53:45 »

We are damaged goods, have been for some time. Completely understandable with what we have put up with over a considerable period of time.
Sadly the cracking news on the Ground has been lost, all about the current shambles on and off the pitch right now. Honeymoon period well and truly over. Only the loyalty card for me, no longer enjoying it but can only live in hope that Angus is true to his word.

The thoughts of another season up and down the Country watching this depressing level of football fills me with dread. Come August we will see where we are.

Confident? - Sadly not.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3373 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 18:59:56 »

Yeah, we are shit. Clem made a massive mistake buying us and keeping us going on life support. He should have pulled the plug and let the club die. Would have been better for everyone.

This regime have done a lot wrong and I’m not saying otherwise. There are plenty of sticks we can use to beat them with but I don’t think extending the early bird deadline is one. It happened long before this regime, it will happen after this regime and it’ll happen at other clubs. In this instance it’s a football thing rather than a Swindon thing.

😂😂😂😂 you diva, you’re not you when you’re hungry, have a snickers 🥜

All part of the bigger picture like I said, it’s just another thing to add to a growing list in a very short period of time. I agree it’s the right thing to do, but with renewals being so low they had no choice and there’s a reason they are at such a poor number. 20%. 1000 odd out of 5000 is fucking horrendous it really is. Fans will blamed next season for sure.

Be good to hear from the chairman of the club seeing as he is the sole owner. I would ask to hear from the vice but eeeek.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3374 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 19:23:30 »

It was only a couple of years ago DV was complaining the club was lacking ambition.

DV - I was clearly joking regarding Massey - I have no idea if he will make it and he was signed on a first year pro deal.  Had some odd loans though - not sure what he gained by going to Plymouth Parkway for a month, wonder if he was homesick.  Anyway, there are much bigger problems than a youth punt, like 80% of the main squad.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: