Pages: 1 ... 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1249496 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3045 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 12:26:28 »

Multiple questions have been asked at the Advisory Boards, that much is true. But the answers have got increasingly less honest and forthright, haven't they? The Zav question last month was basically answered with "lawyers are looking at this" which is... not helpful.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3046 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 12:58:21 »

Multiple questions have been asked at the Advisory Boards, that much is true. But the answers have got increasingly less honest and forthright, haven't they? The Zav question last month was basically answered with "lawyers are looking at this" which is... not helpful.

Do the questions get asked at the AB or are they just presented and then answered in writing in the minutes, a lot of the angst could be addressed simply by a follow up question being asked  in AB if necessary, so for instance why is it necessary for lawyers to be looking at it??
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3047 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 13:16:08 »

This should be a question of framing.

Simply change the way we are asking the question of STFC -

Can the club confirm that they agree with the EFL rules, that a person who has a conviction for Money Laundering should not be involved in the day to day running or decision making of a football club, regardless of how long it has been since they were released from prison? and to that end, can the club confirm that Zavier/Zaver/Zav Austin is indeed not involved in any way shape or form with STFC, including ceasing all activity using the club as leverage on any Visa related program with people within Pakistan.

The answer to the questions above should all be in the affirmative, but they won't be.  I honestly don't give a shit if he is a lovely guy with lots of money he wishes to spunk on STFC, he has to fuck off.  If that pisses off Clem, so be it.

if the club won't answer fully then Trust STFC should refer their concerns to the EFL.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3048 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 13:18:02 »

I'm not sure what value asking if he has passed the Fit and Proper Persons Test adds - he never will, but we know from past experience that shady characters can still lurk in the Decision Making Halls.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3049 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 16:37:10 »

Ex Chippenham manager Mike Cook appointed ladies team boss
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3050 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 16:54:43 »

I thought the women’s DOF woulda had something to say in the article about a new appointment, guessing the club fucked him off at the same time they fucked off the other 4 coaches?

Edit- guy who is/was DOF https://twitter.com/thomaswhartley?s=21&t=obfaIvBddRqCcnTvpuPHSg
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 17:06:07 by MangoRed » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3051 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 16:58:11 »

That didn't take very long!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #3052 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 17:22:29 »

That didn't take very long!

SDM mustn’t have been involved then soapy tit wank
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3053 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 17:22:52 »

SDM mustn’t have been involved then soapy tit wank

Exactly! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3054 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 13:12:04 »

I found this big article on the Karachi tie-up which is... interesting.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1740465/reviving-football-in-lyari

Karachi FC came into existence in 2022.

We announced the partnership in January 2022: https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/swindon-town-announce-exciting-new-partnership-with-karachi-fc/

So to all intents and purposes, Karachi FC was seemingly created solely for this partnership. That seems odd. There are many established football teams in Karachi. Why not partner with one of them?

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3055 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:08:36 »

So a convicted money launderer has set up a football training and development program in a part of the world in which it is noted such programs regularly fail due to corruption?

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3056 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:18:47 »

I found this big article on the Karachi tie-up which is... interesting.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1740465/reviving-football-in-lyari

Karachi FC came into existence in 2022.

We announced the partnership in January 2022: https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/swindon-town-announce-exciting-new-partnership-with-karachi-fc/

So to all intents and purposes, Karachi FC was seemingly created solely for this partnership. That seems odd. There are many established football teams in Karachi. Why not partner with one of them?

…as a man with a lot of random football shirts the first thing I did when we announced the link was see if I could find a Karachi FC football shirt and at the time suggested that from my findings (…or lack there of) the club didn’t even exist.

Know nothing about football out there but is it possible the 2022 club is an amalgamation of existing two clubs?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3057 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:21:50 »

Talking about football shirts isn't it about the time next seasons new kits are revealed or is it too early🤔

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3058 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:21:58 »

It’s quite clearly just a vehicle to get young players into a process for Visa’s.  There are many legal ways to make good money out of the desire for people to emigrate.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #3059 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 17:23:49 »

No benefit to the club whatsoever.

Annoys the shit out of me that the club name is involved to be honest, how can the club associate their name to it when ZA is paying for everything?
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: