Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253814 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2610 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 00:09:10 »

Saying you want to achieve something but not actually being able to achieve it isn’t bullshit. It’s just not being good enough.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #2611 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 02:49:01 »

Attempting to deceive and mislead by speaking nonsense. Perhaps you have different bullshit where you are.
Stay well
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2612 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 06:07:34 »

Attempting to deceive and mislead by speaking nonsense. Perhaps you have different bullshit where you are.
Stay well

Yes but using your example he wasn’t deliberately trying to device was he?

He didn’t say ‘I want a winning culture’ and then decide he didn’t want one so decided to deliberately lose games did he?

He said ‘I want a winning culture’ because that’s what he wanted. He didn’t deliver but that’s bullshit is it?

I can say. I want to retire at 50. If I can’t afford to is the previous statement bullshit or just something I wanted to do but couldn’t?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2613 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 08:01:40 »

Also, could go in the trivial things thread but does anyone else think we see way too much of our kit men these days?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2614 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 08:32:05 »

Also, could go in the trivial things thread but does anyone else think we see way too much of our kit men these days?

No, they’re a bit of fun
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2615 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 08:33:02 »

Yes but using your example he wasn’t deliberately trying to device was he?

He didn’t say ‘I want a winning culture’ and then decide he didn’t want one so decided to deliberately lose games did he?

He said ‘I want a winning culture’ because that’s what he wanted. He didn’t deliver but that’s bullshit is it?

I can say. I want to retire at 50. If I can’t afford to is the previous statement bullshit or just something I wanted to do but couldn’t?

Stop being so sensible Div, or should that be different bullshit?  Head Hurts

No, they’re a bit of fun

Not for me at all but people seem to like them so fair enough.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2616 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:21:50 »

Stay well

Like Wellens then, difference being he was actually capable of doing the job and did so
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2617 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:41:49 »

Like Wellens then, difference being he was actually capable of doing the job and did so

I think all football managers WANT to create a winning culture. Actually doing it is the hardest thing. I don't think it's being full of crap, it's just not having the right ingredients to do it for whatever reason.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2618 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 15:26:06 »

Ed Brand still not sorted then
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2619 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 15:37:29 »

Beyond a joke now. What on earth is going on at the club.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #2620 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 15:43:54 »

It's not necessarily the club though.   He's on the training ground but isn't allowed in the dug out for whatever reason.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2621 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 16:17:16 »

FRIDAY STATEMENT

Swindon DNA stuff this.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/club-statement-an-update-on-assistant-head-coach-ed-brand/?fbclid=IwAR04_D-4uebam_l0wTko75rNIAg_MkFcbrzM17-ECSeXuEryHYv2NsRTh9g

Swindon Town Football Club would like to take this opportunity to provide fans and the media with an update surrounding delays in the appointment of our Assistant Head Coach, Ed Brand.

It’s been well documented over the past few weeks that since First-Team Head Coach Jody Morris took over, his chosen number two has been unable to fulfil his role at the club thus far.

Following Jody’s arrival at the County Ground, a secondment between Premier League side Chelsea, where Ed has been an academy coach since 2008, and Swindon Town, was agreed by both clubs.

Given the arrangement between ourselves and Chelsea, there is a detailed application process we must go through to comply with all contractual and legal regulations, which then requires sign off by the appropriate football associations and governing bodies.

In order to bring Ed into the football club at the earliest opportunity, we submitted these documents alongside Chelsea to the FA, Premier League and the EFL, but the approval process has taken longer than anticipated.

As a football club, we recognise the importance of completing all the necessary due diligence and ensuring this particular agreement meets all relevant protocols.

We will continue working with the FA and EFL in the hope we receive final written approval from both respective FA and EFL boards in due course.

Confirms the "on loan" secondment theory.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2622 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 16:18:33 »

So it is a secondment then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2623 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 16:20:21 »

Secondment.

What the actual fuck
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2624 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 16:22:35 »

So it is a secondment then.

Make sense after the first three games.
I wouldn’t be leaving a stable job at Chelsea to come sit next to Morris for a couple of months before being out of work.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: