Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1249497 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1920 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 10:55:16 »

Careful 4D, i'm sure someone will be along soon to aim the 'at least we have a club' jibe at you.

I mean, he basically said it in a rephrased way, didn't he?

STFC is a club and a business that was on it's knees not too long ago = We still have a club.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1921 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 10:56:13 »

I wonder if those moaning about "loyalty" have a season ticket?

Yes I do, even though I know we can’t make every home game.

I’m not sure I will make that mistake again
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #1922 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 10:57:16 »

STFC is a club and a business that was on it's knees not too long ago, or have you conveniently forgotten that.

nope, thats why i continue to plough my cash into the club.

its also exactly why i wont sit by silently whilst shady goings on are going on in plain sight.

1 further example on top of Zavs first class flights to Asia, the stadium safety guy who made a huge fuss about standing in a 1/4 century old stand where theres never been an issue. now that same bloke happens to own a company that sells safe standing, a cynic would say he has a conflict of interest and that same cash were ploughing in will eventually end up in his own pocket.

https://2020seat.co.uk/

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1923 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 10:57:38 »

Just seems to me that some want to bash away at any given opportunity. I'm not a happy clapper, just been going for 33 years and seen all the ups and downs on and off the pitch. The new regime on the whole are a breath of fresh air to me. But let the moaners moan regardless, there's a new thread for it now too.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #1924 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 10:57:56 »

STH and 20+ away games inc Barrow.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1925 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 10:58:28 »

Yeh. You?

Spent ridiculous amounts of money following them up and down the country nearly every week last season also.

It stinks.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1926 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 10:58:40 »

I realise that this is the internet and therefore all arguments must be conducted in bad faith, but there's a huge amount of straw manning going on here.

Nobody that I've seen has said that the club have got every decision right and are beyond reproach in all areas.

Nobody that I've seen has said that they'd rather have Power back.

People clearly have opinions between those two poles and that is completely fine. People not agreeing with your exact perspective on everything is totally normal. Let's discuss the points rather than attacking each other.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1927 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 10:59:34 »

If you've been called a happy clapper in your time as a Swindon fan because you've decided to mock someone for making a complaint, even though you had absolutely no retort to the complaint at all or even attempted to debate it because you just wanted to shut it down, then you should probably do some reading. Its really not a healthy way to live and I hope its just limited to supporting Swindon.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-toxic-positivity-5093958
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1928 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:00:33 »

Just seems to me that some want to bash away at any given opportunity. I'm not a happy clapper, just been going for 33 years and seen all the ups and downs on and off the pitch. The new regime on the whole are a breath of fresh air to me. But let the moaners moan regardless, there's a new thread for it now too.

We had a thread. This one. It was on topic.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1929 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:00:55 »

So when the club/owners get something wrong, we should just sit here quietly and accept any bollocks and be happy that “we still have a club”.

I’m happy to admit they have done more good than bad, but need to be challenged on the poor decisions.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1930 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:01:10 »

nope, thats why i continue to plough my cash into the club.

its also exactly why i wont sit by silently whilst shady goings on are going on in plain sight.

1 further example on top of Zavs first class flights to Asia, the stadium safety guy who made a huge fuss about standing in a 1/4 century old stand where theres never been an issue. now that same bloke happens to own a company that sells safe standing, a cynic would say he has a conflict of interest and that same cash were ploughing in will eventually end up in his own pocket.

https://2020seat.co.uk/

Oh dear. Good ol Noel Jeffs. Same old Swindon aye?. Another fucking wrong un.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1931 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:04:33 »

So when the club/owners get something wrong, we should just sit here quietly and accept any bollocks and be happy that “we still have a club”.

I’m happy to admit they have done more good than bad, but need to be challenged on the poor decisions.

Exactly this. Or take it to a different thread so we can have a thread that isn't anything but the overwhelming positivity we crave, irrespective if that lives in reality or not.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #1932 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:05:16 »

There's balance to be had in every argument
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1933 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:06:26 »

The issue is more when people don't actually want to enter in to the argument though. A lot of those known as happy clappers simply want to shut it down because they won't want to even hear it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1934 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:07:23 »

How long have you been posting on here?  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: