Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 434610 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1650 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 13:19:12 »

while it makes some sense I'm not sure I want to be paying both for the st and for ifollow .

people would want refunds too

that article on colchester really highlights the shit revenues a club can expect. we'd presumably be a bit higher revenues but it's going to be a drop in the ocean
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1651 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 13:50:41 »

while it makes some sense I'm not sure I want to be paying both for the st and for ifollow .

that article on colchester really highlights the shit revenues a club can expect. we'd presumably be a bit higher revenues but it's going to be a drop in the ocean
tbf I'd assume that's on top of the freebies given out to ST holders as he talked several times about the number of passes "sold" (i.e. as opposed to codes handed out for ST holders). So to some extent how good or bad the uptake is depends on how many STs they've sold. Your main point still holds though, you couldn't run a club on iFollow revenues
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1652 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 13:59:41 »

can anyone else see the price being B-Teams

I have banged on about this on previous occasions. The bail out by Brighton and related rebranding is not inevitable but looks more likely as the days and weeks go on.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1653 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:05:25 »

I have banged on about this on previous occasions. The bail out by Brighton and related rebranding is not inevitable but looks more likely as the days and weeks go on.
Kieran McGuire was talking about this on PoF pod: apparently the PL is "discussing" a £200m loan to the Football League and is insisting on FL support for the PL's stance on foreign players post-Brexit and a Championship salary cap as the price for it. According to him anyway, not sure what he's basing that on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1654 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:29:05 »

what is the premier League stance on foreign players post brexit?

presumably that they're a good idea.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1655 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:35:54 »

Depends whether they're EU or ROW.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1656 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:43:42 »

Surely if your season ticket was moved to 21/22 season then you wouldn't have to pay for it. What you would then pay for is to watch this season's games on Ifollow so the club gets some revenue which they would not have due to non-match day ales. I can't see how you can go past xmas with just given season ticket holders a code which is worth nearly half as much as your ticket. I also can't see the club being able to afford ''refunds''.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1657 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:54:48 »

That figure, I presume, also includes the ‘free’ stream part of a pre purchased ST - so, in effect, no extra money at all.

Honestly, I can’t imagine how clubs - ourselves included - can survive too much longer on virtually zero income.
Not so sure it's a 'free stream',  are these games on ifollow an alternative to season ticket holders watching the game at the County Ground ?,  if so l'm surprised that complaints haven't surfaced about the price difference between ticket prices already paid for and ifollow costs, must be at least £10 per game cheaper to watch on ifollow.
As Audrey and many others have already said,  how can this continue,  clubs  must be sailing rather close to the wind,  how much longer can clubs continue to keep losing money,  shits gonna hit the fan soon. ..............

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1658 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:04:24 »

Looks like Hyabb has already answered my question,  if it is totally free to season ticket holders then I'm sure there must be some that are quite happy to stay at home and watch free of charge.   Makes sense as Hyabb says,  rollover the season tickets to next season and all pay to view.   I have been quite happy paying £10 per game and have been quite happy with the coverage but if the club is making nothing from season ticket holders surely this is the only way forward,  that is if we want the club to survive,  unless of course the Golden Eagle called the Premier League agree to put their hands in their pockets.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1659 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:06:13 »

Not so sure it's a 'free stream',  are these games on ifollow an alternative to season ticket holders watching the game at the County Ground ?,  if so l'm surprised that complaints haven't surfaced about the price difference between ticket prices already paid for and ifollow costs, must be at least £10 per game cheaper to watch on ifollow.
As Audrey and many others have already said,  how can this continue,  clubs  must be sailing rather close to the wind,  how much longer can clubs continue to keep losing money,  shits gonna hit the fan soon. ..............
Remember that money the PL "forwarded" to clubs, which some people seemed to think meant they'd donated it? What that actually meant was they had brought forward the "solidarity payments" they make every season to the Football League. So currently clubs are living off that money because they don't have any other revenue. So that will last a little while. There's going to be several key milestones when the shit hits the fan, as you rightly say
1) End of Sept: the moratorium on serving winding up petitions ends at the end of this month; furlough payments taper off
2) End of Oct: furlough ends completely
3) Jan: when the next tranche of PL money would usually be paid to the Football League (but it's already been forwarded)

I doubt we'll get to 3 without some drastic intervention
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1660 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:07:54 »

Looks like Hyabb has already answered my question,  if it is totally free to season ticket holders then I'm sure there must be some that are quite happy to stay at home and watch free of charge.   Makes sense as Hyabb says,  rollover the season tickets to next season and all pay to view.   I have been quite happy paying £10 per game and have been quite happy with the coverage but if the club is making nothing from season ticket holders surely this is the only way forward
iFollow revenues won't keep any clubs afloat, even if you did try to force ST holders to cough up as well. And then you've also killed your income stream for next season as well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1661 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:29:19 »

Surely if your season ticket was moved to 21/22 season then you wouldn't have to pay for it. .
I'd imagine the finance company would disagree.

also imagine that the club will get more from my monthly st than ifollow - they need all the money they can get this season. 23x10 x 0.7 is much less than the season tickets I'm paying for.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1662 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:37:51 »

Depends whether they're EU or ROW.

I suspect its broader than that,  heck of a lot of South American players get to play in the PL off the back of slightly dubious Italian or Spanish passports, that route will go come January as it stands.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1663 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:44:00 »

Telegraph reporting that the Football League and Premier League will NOT be included in any govt financial help for sport, the Prem will be expected to help the Football League out. Let's hope they're putting some teeth behind that "expectation" or it will be a fucking bloodbath in the league by Christmas

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/22/exclusive-government-does-not-plan-include-premier-league-efl/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1664 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:50:21 »

Jesus.

it is hard to "sell" bailing a multi billion pounds industry out. unless it's a bank.

why is the women's super League special?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: