Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32432 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:30:55 »

regarding the birthday announcements, I saw the marketing Exec (name escapes me) walk up the stairs to the press box just beforehand. I'm guessing they forgot to do it at half time

Mark Isacs i believe.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:31:39 »

Oldham manager on BBC site, talking about us - "They had an early chance, but apart from that, they've not really threatened." Did he watch he same game?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #257 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:31:56 »

God Oldham played the ref today...
and so have lots of others but if the ball goes in the net it matters jack shit.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:42:30 »

Oldham manager on BBC site, talking about us - "They had an early chance, but apart from that, they've not really threatened." Did he watch he same game?

A clear graduate of the Gary Johnson 'School of Say Whaaat' Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:46:41 »

Mark Isacs i believe.
Adam Wainwright.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:50:25 »

Adam Wainwright.

Thumb

Barry Scott

« Reply #261 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:54:49 »

It's been a while since I listened to the radio on the way home, and it will be even longer until I do again.

It's like someone's reading the comments off of thisis. It's soul destroying.

I stopped just after I realised PDC could sometimes really piss me off.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 21:29:42 »

I didn't hear any booing of Williams, or anyone, in the DRS and not much moaning considering the amount of chances being missed in the last 6 home games. I think the majority of fans have been fairly reserved in the slating of the players, there just hasn't been much in the way of encouragement lately.
Agree with that. Heard a few groans at the final whistle but didn't hear any booing. Johnson was acting up for most of the game and was rowing with KMac after the lino failed to stand his ground. We can't even say their keeper had a blinder today just really bad misses. If we score half the chances we create in the remaining games it will keep us in the mix and would still fancy our chances in the 2 legged playoffs mainly because of our away form.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 29, 2013, 21:31:59 by Notts red » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 21:43:17 »

There were some in the DRS slagging off Williams before the game started, guy behind me had a go at a couple of them and what was the reaction "You should read the Town End forum mate - he's fucking shit!"  The guy does not stand a chance with cunts like that as supporters.  We need everybody supporting the team, not slagging off players.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 21:45:33 »

I'm not sure which is more frustrating...to create as many chances as that, and only put one away; or to create next to nothing.  Not a bad game, all in all.  But you cannot expect to go up when you waste as many opportunities as we do.  Rooney's over-head kick was probably one of only a handful I've ever seen at the County Ground, so fair play there.  But such a shame he couldn't put the simpler chances away later on.

On the plus side, my two little lads were stars today.  Today was never meant to be their first game.  Spur of the moment decision at the breakfast table this morning.  But they were brilliant.  We were in our seats for 80+ minutes of the game (only lost 10 or so to toilet breaks) and they threw themselves right in to 'Come on you Reds!' for most of it.  Can't say they understood all that much, but their faces when the goal went in (or rather when the roar that followed it went up) were a picture.  Favourite player for both of them is Wes because he's allowed to pick the ball up and he wears a different colour to the rest of them.  You can't fault logic like that.

So so pleased for you
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 21:51:46 »

On the plus side, my two little lads were stars today.  Today was never meant to be their first game.  Spur of the moment decision at the breakfast table this morning.  But they were brilliant.  We were in our seats for 80+ minutes of the game (only lost 10 or so to toilet breaks) and they threw themselves right in to 'Come on you Reds!' for most of it.  Can't say they understood all that much, but their faces when the goal went in (or rather when the roar that followed it went up) were a picture.  Favourite player for both of them is Wes because he's allowed to pick the ball up and he wears a different colour to the rest of them.  You can't fault logic like that.

You cruel, cruel man putting that upon them - knowing one day they'll hate you for it. It's a great experience though, gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside when you realise they will follow your in footsteps.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 22:32:50 »

I'm not sure which is more frustrating...to create as many chances as that, and only put one away; or to create next to nothing.  Not a bad game, all in all.  But you cannot expect to go up when you waste as many opportunities as we do.  Rooney's over-head kick was probably one of only a handful I've ever seen at the County Ground, so fair play there.  But such a shame he couldn't put the simpler chances away later on.

On the plus side, my two little lads were stars today.  Today was never meant to be their first game.  Spur of the moment decision at the breakfast table this morning.  But they were brilliant.  We were in our seats for 80+ minutes of the game (only lost 10 or so to toilet breaks) and they threw themselves right in to 'Come on you Reds!' for most of it.  Can't say they understood all that much, but their faces when the goal went in (or rather when the roar that followed it went up) were a picture.  Favourite player for both of them is Wes because he's allowed to pick the ball up and he wears a different colour to the rest of them.  You can't fault logic like that.

Do unto thy kids as thou old man didst to thy. Mark chapter 42. In brackets it adds thou bastard.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 23:41:05 »

Very, very disappointing. The season really has the same feel of that in 10/11 where after beating Leeds and going 2nd we contrived to throw it all away with poor results against lesser sides, ultimately ending with us losing at Wembley (tempting fate). Thought Parrett started really well & faded in the 2nd half whereas Luongo was the opposite, he grew as the game went on & played a terrific through ball for AW which he put badly wide (he really needs to be taken out of the firing line atm). Other than Barnard's goal I don't recall Wes having a shot to save!! Thought Rooney & Collins both did well when they came on & should probably start on Monday although how Rooney scores from an overhead kick & then hits it straight at the keeper from six yards is frustrating to say the least. The stick KM was getting after the game was harsh. The formation is working irrespective of what people think. We dominated the game, gave away hardly any clear cut chances, yet couldn't take our own. That is not the fault of KM although why he didn't bring in a striker in the window when we can all see how much we need one is strange!!   

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 00:53:06 »

In lighter news, Parrett does indeed take Macawners.

Yes, I thought Parrett's set pieces (of eight) were excellent at times.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 05:35:23 by bobby barnes jink » Logged
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 07:07:37 »

Well I thought the first half was awful. Second half Town pushed well. Typical at the moment that the opposition score against the run of play. I'm quite baffled on how Swindon have got so poor up front. Williams is very poor. Not good enough for what Swindon need. The new boys did very well. Fantastic goal for Swindon. Nice that my boys picture was in the program on the fans page. Onwards Town and put the fucking ball in the net.

One Davie Bamber.......................
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: