Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Without trying to be controversial...  (Read 2837 times)
Amir

« on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 00:30:45 »

I don't think I really want England to qualify for the World Cup.

I've always wanted England to win before, it's just I've grown to quite like Germany and the Germans, and I can't stand the thought of thousands of our fans acting like complete cunts over there.  Simply because it is Germany, you'll have every lad who thinks he's a hooligan over there throwing plastic chairs, fighting with local turks, and being obnoxious to the natives.  I don't see that as a way to visit a place myself, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

I haven't even really got a particular problem with hooliganism, although that's a different discussion.  It more that I struggle to comprehend why people would actually act that way, rather than seeing what a place was like.

I love my country very much, and therefore I see it through very cynical eye, looking at all it's flaws.  I know our fans are tarnished with a bad reputation and will always be scrutinized and critisized much quicker.  But I think there must be a cultural problem in this country to make so many people act in that way.  

Can't keep hold of the ball anyway, and you'll never succeed at international level unless you can.
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 05:08:11 »

Quote from: "Amir"
I don't think I really want England to qualify for the World Cup.

I've always wanted England to win before, it's just I've grown to quite like Germany and the Germans, and I can't stand the thought of thousands of our fans acting like complete cunts over there.  Simply because it is Germany, you'll have every lad who thinks he's a hooligan over there throwing plastic chairs, fighting with local turks, and being obnoxious to the natives.  I don't see that as a way to visit a place myself, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

I haven't even really got a particular problem with hooliganism, although that's a different discussion.  It more that I struggle to comprehend why people would actually act that way, rather than seeing what a place was like.

I love my country very much, and therefore I see it through very cynical eye, looking at all it's flaws.  I know our fans are tarnished with a bad reputation and will always be scrutinized and critisized much quicker.  But I think there must be a cultural problem in this country to make so many people act in that way.  

Can't keep hold of the ball anyway, and you'll never succeed at international level unless you can.

Oh dear!  :?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 05:12:38 »

i was fucking born over there* and still cant stand the bastards! only worse nation is france, especially parisians, arogant twats!

*(i'm an army brat, my ma and pa were stationed out there, then lil ol' me and my twin sister popped out. my middle sister was born in hong kong, FACT)

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 16:40:11 »

my mate amir feels the same, don't get it!  :?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 17:30:12 »

Quote from: "Johno"
my mate amir feels the same, don't get it!  :?

That's odd, two Amir's and they both don't want England to qualify.  It's a conspiracy damnit.

I maintain there's nothing wrong with a bit of hooliganism, as long as it doesn't go too far and is between people who actually want it!
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 17:41:03 »

it's always the paki's*

*(now that's controversy)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 17:52:07 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
it's always the paki's*

*(now that's controversy)

Good thing this isn't thisisstfc...!!
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 17:53:00 »

what ever happened to your racist streak walrus? i seem to remember it being rather vicious  Cool
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 17:53:03 »

Ban Dave!

/
W56196272
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 17:55:12 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
what ever happened to your racist streak walrus? i seem to remember it being rather vicious  Cool

Cheesy   Asher stunned me into silence.....

Jus kidding Asher!!   Cool
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 18:24:18 »

I have lived in Germany and I have to admit I have no problem with the nation... I do loathe the football team though!
Dazzza

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 18:27:31 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
i was fucking born over there* and still cant stand the bastards! only worse nation is france, especially parisians, arogant twats!

*(i'm an army brat, my ma and pa were stationed out there, then lil ol' me and my twin sister popped out. my middle sister was born in hong kong, FACT)

If you are born on one of the bases you are technically British born not German you'll be pleased to hear.

Spud

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 18:29:09 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
I have lived in Germany and I have to admit I have no problem with the nation... I do loathe the football team though!

Ive got to admit that i went on a German exchange when i was at Secondary school and i must admit there were alot of friendly people there.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 18:29:37 »

i know i'm british born. i've got a british passport.

Spud

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 18:50:23 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
i know i'm british born. i've got a british passport.

Pffffffffffft they give them out to anyone these days.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: