Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Without trying to be controversial...  (Read 2820 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 20:08:44 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "RichPullen"
I have lived in Germany and I have to admit I have no problem with the nation... I do loathe the football team though!

Ive got to admit that i went on a German exchange when i was at Secondary school and i must admit there were alot of friendly people there.

I went out there on a school trip in 1998 (the week after the World Cup Final) and we beat the German kids who were at the hostel we were in 3-2 in a footy match... We were 2-0 down.

To this date it remains one of happiest moments of my life thus far... I'll get my coat.
Spud

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 20:14:00 »

We played the German exchange students in the back garden of the then manager of Bayern Munich(Ottmar Hitzfeld), needless to say we hammered them in our England shirts. Beers
Amir

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 01:56:57 »

Then again, the 5-1 was the most I've ever enjoyed watching a game on the TV Cheesy   I just wish some people could stop making us look such cunts abroad.

The Polish are pricks mind, I hope we do them Soapy Tit Wank
Spud

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 02:01:42 »

The thing about that 5-1 game was Germany were awful, that had to be their worst side for years, which of course was a great shame.
Danjackson10

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 09:02:07 »

I was bloody working that night! I missed the whole thing! To say i was pissed off was an understatement!
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 10:40:27 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
I was bloody working that night! I missed the whole thing! To say i was pissed off was an understatement!

I missed it aswell, i didnt realise till a few days before that i would be on a plane to Spain whilst the game was on. It wont ever happen again...... :evil:
land_of_bo

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 10:49:57 »

I went away travelling the world the monday after, that sat was our leaving party, footy first which meant the evening piss up was fecking ace!
Danjackson10

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 12:00:07 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
I went away travelling the world the monday after, that sat was our leaving party, footy first which meant the evening piss up was fecking ace!

Quality  Beers
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 16:51:15 »

i think England will lose both games and not qualify
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 18:42:14 »

Quote from: "Amir"
Then again, the 5-1 was the most I've ever enjoyed watching a game on the TV Cheesy   I just wish some people could stop making us look such cunts abroad.

The Polish are pricks mind, I hope we do them Soapy Tit Wank

I was in a pub in the City Centre of Edinburgh. The Jocks had just drawn 0-0 with Croatia (I think) in their qualifier. I went to the Betty Boo for a Pat Cash and this Jock started talking to me. 'Ah well mate, at least we'll get to see the Germans hammer they sassenachs'. I only wish I had seen that cunts face at full time!  Beers

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 08:56:30 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"

I was in a pub in the City Centre of Edinburgh. The Jocks had just drawn 0-0 with Croatia (I think) in their qualifier. I went to the Betty Boo for a Pat Cash and this Jock started talking to me. 'Ah well mate, at least we'll get to see the Germans hammer they sassenachs'. I only wish I had seen that ----- face at full time!  Beers

Slightly off subject but the term sassenach (sp) was originally used for describing southern Scots, not English.  Borderers or at least People living south of Edinburgh were the sassenachs!

If yuo've recorded the England v Germany match the 5-1 match, listen to Alan Hansen's comments at the start, he called it.  He basically ripped the germans defence apart and stated if they play like this England will kill 'em, and kill 'em they did.

Saying that it could quite easily have ended up 7-4, dreadful defending!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: