Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Walsall - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 37555 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 13:02:36 »

That was a crazy game. Landed at Gatwick at 17:30 and made the second half in the Town End. Looked like a good performance from the defence even though they had almost no midfield in front of them. It seemed that after Obika scored we lost all midfield until Louis popped up with a winner.

Highlight for me was the use of belting the ball up to a physically strong striker in Obika was used more than passing it out to Branco.

Very much worth it!

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 13:27:24 »

Our current style of play is not the 'Swindon way' of short passing that Power kept bleating on about and hinted that it was one of the reasons Cooper was fired.

So now Ling is not doing the short passing game will he get fired in a few weeks to or has Power realized that we just cant play that way with the current prop of players, and allowed Ling to change things.
Chrystovski

Re:
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 13:27:36 »

If you booed Rodgers, you're a cunt.

Awful, I don't rate him but I would never boo or a cheer a sub (in a negative way)

Poor bloke, I imagine his confidence is now at rock bottom.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 13:35:04 »

He's not at the standard to start every game but he won us a few points in the early part of the season and is okay as a squad player.

Booing him is mind boggling from supposed fans.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 14:18:37 »

Football league highlights

More evidence in this one of Warsaw's dominance
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 14:54:03 »

Agree with wrong to abuse Rodgers. We complain about a lack of fight from players but players are hardly going to want to fight for the fans if they get booed. Creates disharmony between players and fans
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 16:26:42 »

Wonderful goal from Louis. Classic example of Spurs type pressing,
but also having the guts to drive forward and try to score, rather than pass responsibiity sideways.

Wish he cud stay and be captain !
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 16:37:34 »

From the noise I heard it was a fairly large group of the supporters. I didn't boo but ffs he is woeful at the mo. I just put my head in my hands and thought well at least it will waste a few seconds during the game. Honestly just watch him closely. Flipping pointing everywhere, I'm not even sure if he knows what he is pointing at. Seems to be just trying to look busy. Also there were plenty of people who didn't boo him and he was the first to turn his back and walk up the tunnel after the game without clapping the supporters. It works both ways. Supporters can be criticised for booing him so why on the other hand can he not be bothered and clap the majority that didn't boo him.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 16:41:52 »

But it doesn't really matter what any player's skill level is, the least they can do is get stuck in a bit.

He doesn't even do that
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 16:59:37 »

I don't think all of our criticized players are as bad as some make out.

Both BOO and Barry are you kids, developing their skills. BOO in particular was running around like a loon last night. Probably did more closing down than the rest of the team combined. Barry was OK. Far from the liability some think he is.

Gladwyn was off his game and Kasim was average for him.

I think the Beeks/ Ajose pairing has potential. Pity that a lot of Beeks nod ons went away from Ajose.

I didn't boo Rogers and wouldn't in the circumstances he faced (oncoming sub) but I do give him some stick when he deserves it during play. He is the player that grips my shit the most at the moment.

Our midfield, though better last night, still left the back line very exposed, a trait we need to deal with. Walsall seemed to have acres of space. Balls to feet with no one hassling the receiving player. Frustrating.

Still 3 points is 3 points and I don't give a fuck that Walsall were better on the night. How often in the past have we slipped up against inferior opposition?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:02:59 »

he was the first to turn his back and walk up the tunnel after the game without clapping the supporters. It works both ways. Supporters can be criticised for booing him so why on the other hand can he not be bothered and clap the majority that didn't boo him.

You could go in circles forever with that argument but my opinion remains the same: you don't boo your own team unless you're a complete weapon, end of story.

This whole "he doesn't clap" thing was brought up with Cooper - am I the only one that doesn't give a shit? I mean people were kicking off at one point about the fact that Jed never wore a tie - there were, and there are bigger problems than these token gestures.

The point is, booing achieves nothing other than knocking confidence. That's it - it's not going to spur them on to do better, it's not going to turn him into Ronaldo. It's going to satisfy someone's fat gob for 30 seconds but the fact is no one works to their full potential under constant negativity and criticism.

I'm not saying players who don't give their all should be absolved from negativity but booing the man before he's even got on the pitch? That's bullshit and there's no excuse. I don't care if he claps me or kicks me in the tits, the point of me supporting Swindon is that I actually support them, not get on their back before a sodding ball is kicked.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:05:05 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:05:38 »

I don't know about that, personally I would clap fans especially at an away game to thank them for their support (or sometimes lack of it) given that they've travelled to see you play. Takes 1 minute out of their life and just sends a positive message to the fans.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:08:09 »

They are men not children. If someone can't take some criticism then they are not going to be very good for our current situation.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:10:41 »

I don't know about that, personally I would clap fans especially at an away game to thank them for their support (or sometimes lack of it) given that they've travelled to see you play. Takes 1 minute out of their life and just sends a positive message to the fans.

Agree with this totally.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:11:26 »

They are men not children. If someone can't take some criticism then they are not going to be very good for our current situation.

I specifically said they shouldn't be absolved from criticism. I'm pretty sure they can take criticism. The point is people booing and being constantly negative isn't productive. It's just stupid.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: