Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Walsall - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 36976 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 20:51:01 »

BOO and Barry just aren't good enough at the moment for the roles they've been asked to play. They're stuck in no man's land, neither defending solidly nor supporting attacks enough (BOO especially doesn't try to get round a defender or get an early cross in). They can close down opponents but don't seem capable of tackling. Their lack of defending is causing the wide central defenders to cover the full-back positions. Turnbull's booking was a result of this last night. It is not for want of effort, they are just not wing-backs. As has already been stated, the only blessing to Branco's suspension is that we'll get to see if we can defend better as a unit with a more traditional defensive four. Unfortunately, I don't think BOO and Barry are currently good enough for third division football. I hope they succeed though.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:05:08 »

Four hour round trip for me, too...where are you travelling from?

I used to see the Grimsby lot on my way home quite often...they had another two hours after me...mad!

South Wales.. One of the few places I can think of more grim than Grimsby! Still quite a few mentals die hards round here too though, we do spread ourselves about a bit us Town fans (oo er)

How would you like 7,000 people (okay 6,000) muttering "FFS" as you arrived at the office or started your job everyday?

Be sanctimonious like me and roll your eyes (inaudibly) at crap play or lack of interest.

Getting on a player's back may even have a negative impact on his teammates who probably feel uncomfortable with such treatment being dished out to a team member with whom they likely have a strong bond.

Fans should support whereas spectators and especially "customers" can feel "entitled" and behave as they like.

This, totally. There's a time and a place for this irrational whingy bollocks.. And it's usually post match in the pub.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Skinny Pete

« Reply #227 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 09:37:23 »

Tom Bassam in the Advertiser quite rightly criticising fans booing Rodgers but then goes on to describe Balmy as a 'back combed buffoon'

random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 09:45:45 »

Tom Bassam in the Advertiser quite rightly criticising fans booing Rodgers but then goes on to describe Balmy as a 'back combed buffoon'

I  think that was the washbag bloke that said that comment wasn't it?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #229 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 09:48:50 »

I stand erected
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:08:09 »

Well, on the booing front, Old Trafford wasn't a sea of happiness last night. 90% of football fans are the same once it comes to putting them in the same position as our own.

Poor old sideshow Balmy, the classic panic signing.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 13:43:22 »

Booing the team off at the end of the game after a particularly inept performance doesn't seem as bad as booing a player as he comes on to the pitch.

It would be similar to booing him as the team was read out before the game
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 13:46:54 »

Well, on the booing front, Old Trafford wasn't a sea of happiness last night. 90% of football fans are the same once it comes to putting them in the same position as our own.

Poor old sideshow Balmy, the classic panic signing.
Is Balmy really that bad?? On the odd occasion I've seen him in home games he's actually injected a bit of pace & directness into the play.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Panda Paws

« Reply #233 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 14:11:38 »

Is Balmy really that bad??

Yes. Released by Oxford, both Utd and City.... Woeful, and him and Bangoura on the same pitch at Millwall is a low point in my STFC career.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #234 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 14:22:18 »

Probably sums up Power's dreadful recruitment for this season. God knows what he was thinking there.

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 14:29:23 »

Booing the team off at the end of the game after a particularly inept performance doesn't seem as bad as booing a player as he comes on to the pitch.

It would be similar to booing him as the team was read out before the game
which has happened numerous times at the county ground. Pook, Hewlett, Howe, Duke, Pericard, etc etc...
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 14:32:20 »

Says so much that Balmy had been left go from his trial, then called back at short notice - seemingly because nothing else was going through. He really should be behind Marshall and perhaps Tom Smith (haven't seen enough of him yet).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 14:35:24 »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but Balmy was released by teams worse than us and is shit.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 19:29:50 »

What's happened to Bangoura out of interest?..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 20:01:59 »

What's happened to Bangoura out of interest?..

Being given a free
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: