Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29539 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 12:15:47 »

They announced the season ticket prices around this time last year and we were in the promotion pack

I dont think DV went last season, or the season before. Not sure why
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 12:24:55 »

I dont think DV went last season, or the season before. Not sure why

You don't know how often or when I go to football.

Yes but last season they were promoted as 'we will charge this price no matter what division we are in' they haven't so far this season...
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 12:46:39 »

Supporters will always come and go. Everyone has a ceiling price that they are not prepared to go above. Everyone have different priorities. I don't drink or smoke and football is where I shall choose to spend my money. I will be there next season.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 13:11:02 »

Category A, B and C is an idea for maximising revenue.

It does sound derivative and a bit up itself.  It is a useful device for middling Premiershit teams who can still sell out anyway against the top 4 or 5.  It can also be useful for hopeless (at that level) teams who attract casual supporters (tourists) eg Fulham or so called "away" fans who come to support their team (ie when Man Utd are in town).

This is not flexible enough for STFC where a standard price is better and when you can discount on an ad hoc basis for various reasons. Look at Friday night as an example with the second ticket offer.  Category C price but flexible and suitable to Valentines and even the weather.

Let's say Wolves do return next season, a potential category A but we are on a shocking, depressing run facing relegation with dwindling attendances and need 3 points to stay up.  I would seriously think of discounting and certainly not charging more.  Whereas if say Bury were coming on the last day of the season and we stood to go up etc why make Bury a Category C game which (with respect) it might otherwise be?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 13:22:31 »

It won't really affect me as such as I'll be going for a season ticket. However I'm not convinced there is a big enough draw in division 3 football to mean people will come despite the extra cost.

But I'm usually wrong on these things.

Doesn't seem that long ago that the 'Intel' was sub divided in price carte blanche, with the wings cheaper than the centre. Seemed normal then but would be deemed loopy now.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 13:29:12 »

Surely they need to get the best out of gate receipts?  If prices go up and attendances reduce they'll be no better off. If prices were dropped and attendances rose there will obviously be a point of maximum revenue. Need to get some feedback from fans and get a nice graph drawn up.  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 13:32:18 »

They must have looked at it and thought it worthwhile though 4D, they aren't stupid (hopefully!)
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 14:05:50 »

I guess they have, but an extra 2-3k on the gates isn't just about gate receipts,  there's food, drink and shop sales. We are pretty well supported at this level,  how do other clubs manage when they have cheaper ticket prices and smaller crowds, yet still perform on the pitch?  Brentford and posh are just a couple of examples.
Flashheart

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 14:11:02 »

Do we not have a catering company handling food and drink that pay us a set amount?

Brentford are not a good example as they are massively overspending. I don't know about Posh.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 14:16:55 »

TBF I don't know what is going on behind the scenes at clubs, just looking at it without knowing the facts.  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 15:26:21 »

Roughly how many of our home games are midweek games a season?

I'm thinking of getting a season ticket next season but travelling from London it's only really feasible for weekend matches.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 15:57:18 »

4-5 at a guess
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #282 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 16:03:22 »

Roughly how many of our home games are midweek games a season?

I'm thinking of getting a season ticket next season but travelling from London it's only really feasible for weekend matches.
This season we will have had 5 Tuesday home games in the league, 2 Friday games in the league and 6 Tuesday cup games (obviously not counted in season ticket games).

That will be 6 games on a Tuesday in the league if we get to Wembley tomorrow as the Sheff Utd home game will also be postponed on the Saturday before Wembley.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 16:05:22 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 16:06:42 »

Do we not have a catering company handling food and drink that pay us a set amount?

Brentford are not a good example as they are massively overspending. I don't know about Posh.

Catering at Swindon is shit....two girls in the TE Friday night .....seen glaciers move quicker.

Clems Army!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 22:24:34 »

On the subject of 'catering', what the hell has happened to the Town End bar/no beer being served in the TE?!?!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: