Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford.....  (Read 48461 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:29:04 »

Sunday feels like last-chance saloon for this lot, for sure.

However, if we get pumped, am I still going to support Swindon? Yes.

I can't imagine given up on years and years of being a fan based on what we do on transfer deadline day and if we play alright next weekend, because we're having a shit season and don't really like the way we're being run - two things that are regular occurrences.

Agreed.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:32:07 »

I am still in 2 minds about Sunday i really am. I am just so fed up with it all now. I have seen us go through so much shit and much worse than this. Have been to the protests when needed have put in the money when players have needed to be purchased have bought our absolute shit fucking shirts just through loyalty.Have been to the arse end of the country to watch us and loved every minute of it because when you support your club that's what you do.

The problem is it really doesn't feel like our club anymore that's the main issue. If we got beat by Rovers on saturday or Oxford on sunday and i believed for one minute that those players management and board members were more dissapointed to lose against them than any other team then i would have a bit of hope but i hand on heart do not believe this lot give a fuck.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:32:44 »

I read in a Sunday paper yesterday that Academy football is a non contact sport - which is why our bunch of pansies have got about as much tackle as a dwarf with brewer's droop.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:40:24 »

Sunday feels like last-chance saloon for this lot, for sure.

However, if we get pumped, am I still going to support Swindon? Yes.

I can't imagine given up on years and years of being a fan based on what we do on transfer deadline day and if we play alright next weekend, because we're having a shit season and don't really like the way we're being run - two things that are regular occurrences.

Tis true that supporting a club which is shit and being in some sort of existential crisis is nothing out of the ordinary for Town fans.

Going back a few years there was some sort of survey published, on the worst club to support in terms of stress levels induced in fans....we came in something like 3rd. The survey was based on relegations, admins, court cases, winding up orders, ground move sagas, that sort of thing.

Above us were Notts County, now heading for the Conference, and Wimbledon transposed as they briefly were into Franchise.

The paradox here is that we haven't got the existential threat....just shit/players and management, but because of our history it doesn't take much for Town fans to imagine the worst.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:42:31 »

I read in a Sunday paper yesterday that Academy football is a non contact sport - which is why our bunch of pansies have got about as much tackle as a dwarf with brewer's droop.
I thought the non contact was only at Primary School level?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:42:44 »

And why our lot and the likes of Leeds and BHA kids, get beat by Conference clubs in the Cup.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:44:17 »

Tis true that supporting a club which is shit and being in some sort of existential crisis is nothing out of the ordinary for Town fans.

Going back a few years there was some sort of survey published, on the worst club to support in terms of stress levels induced in fans....we came in something like 3rd. The survey was based on relegations, admins, court cases, winding up orders, ground move sagas, that sort of thing.

Above us were Notts County, now heading for the Conference, and Wimbledon transposed as they briefly were into Franchise.

The paradox here is that we haven't got the existential threat....just shit/players and management, but because of our history it doesn't take much for Town fans to imagine the worst.
Spot on Reg
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:56:27 »

I read in a Sunday paper yesterday that Academy football is a non contact sport
Oh, well it must be true then, if it was in a Sunday paper. Horseshit. As the lad who attended my lad's birthday party this weekend on crutches due to the broken leg he sustained playing in an Academy match a few weeks ago would tell you.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:59:17 »

Hahahah so aggressive Paul
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:02:56 »

Oh, well it must be true then, if it was in a Sunday paper. Horseshit. As the lad who attended my lad's birthday party this weekend on crutches due to the broken leg he sustained playing in an Academy match a few weeks ago would tell you.
Let's get more of the tough tackling darlings in, then.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:14:26 »

I thought the non contact was only at Primary School level?
It's just not true.  At primary school or any other level. Just because people keep repeating this shit, doesn't make it true. And yes, there probably are examples where an individual teacher has decided that they shouldn't tackle (although even then the vast majority of those will be a Dad deciding that because the teachers/coaches have suggested Cantona style flying dropkicks on the opposition probably aren't the best idea at U8s games "The game's gone fucking soft"). But that doesn't mean there's any kind of ban or ruling on non-contact football. It's just one of these canards that infects the press and forums everywhere
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:15:09 »

Hahahah so aggressive Paul
Well, this kind of bollocks just pisses me off. It's like these tits who repost shite from Facebook memes as if it's fact.  In the context though I'm sure the OP would approve of me going in two-footed in my response Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:26:25 by pauld » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:33:57 »

Well, this kind of bollocks just pisses me off. It's like these tits who repost shite from Facebook memes as if it's fact.  In the context though I'm sure the OP would approve of me going in two-footed in my response Smiley

I assume the Sunday paper the original story came from is the Sport?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:53:39 »

I assume the Sunday paper the original story came from is the Sport?
TBF you see/hear this kind of guff spouted by "respected" pundits all the time.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 10:56:43 »

Bit like those ex-pros who tell us that the academies are too soft because modern kids no linger get hazed/beaten up/hung drawn and quartered. Like what they did. In a culture where sexual abuse seems to have been, at best, ignored.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: