Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford.....  (Read 48200 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 11:27:56 »

I've got to say that I am considering not going next Sunday, have been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember (apart from the 14 years exile in Suffolk - and even then travelling back least six times a season) but I am so disillusioned with the present set-up and team.  I have threatened this before and always crept back but this time it will depend on the type of signings (if any) we make before Feb 1st.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 13:04:06 »

It will be fragile but I'm sure the fans will be united (no pun intended) for next Sunday
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 13:08:09 »

It will be fragile but I'm sure the fans will be united (no pun intended) for next Sunday
Too right. We need to get behind the boys 100% and lead by example.

Sent from my SM-G935F
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 13:25:14 »

The fans will be up for it and backing the lads initially like always, just won't take very much for it to turn on its head and turn into abuse for Williams/Power/Sherwood/the players/Nigel the kit man.

Has the potential to turn toxic next week but won't be dull either way.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 13:28:20 »

Hope so, if we go behind and start falling to bits then don't really want to see their lot taking even more delight in a crowd meltdown.

It's a derby so hopefully the form book will go out the window. (Straws - clutching at).

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 14:32:06 »

Hope so, if we go behind and start falling to bits then don't really want to see their lot taking even more
It's a derby so hopefully the form book will go out the window. (Straws - clutching at).
Didn't work out like that yesterday!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 15:58:07 »

To save you all the hassle of next Sunday, here is the match report

Town start brightly, with plenty of possession but nothing to show for it.
Then after 2 min, an unarmed scummer wins a 50/50 on the half way line & the little darlings in red retreat into the dressing room to get away from the big bad men in Piss Stained shirts.

Swindons DoF/Manager/Head Coach/Tea Boy (whichever one they decide to roll out this week) says after the game that they had more fight & desire than us, but we will be working hard all week to turn it around, we won''t give up fighting, blah, blah, fucking blah.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 18:58:50 »

Is Jaybox  making a banner?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 19:36:03 »

"Be less shit"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 19:44:10 »

"Be less shit"
Swindon "for the draw"

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 19:48:23 »

Just a plain white flag Williams can give to the scummers before the game.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 20:03:39 »

Just a plain white flag Williams can give to the scummers before the game.

I think the crowd should throw orange towels on the pitch, when the first goal goes in.... to indicate to the ref to put a stop to the punishment.
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 00:42:13 »

From the general comments being made. not to mention the obvious absence of the Gilet-wearing pretty boy in the dugout and post-match interviews, it's apparent that we've all been had over by Power.

Add to that the excrutiating embarrassment that Williams puts us through every week when he has to pitch up in front of the media after yet another poor performance, the picture becomes clearer; Williams is hanging around because, like someone else said, he's got bills to pay.

I can't say as I blame him.

It's obvious that Williams has to be extremely careful what he says when interviewed. If he so much as hints at anything derogatory about the club or Power, they'll be on him, which is why he constantly tries to empathise with fans being frustrated with the situation.

He obviously knows that he daren't react or say anything untoward, but he regularly makes it clear that he works with the players he's got and that 'I'm sure people are working hard to bring in the right kind of players this club needs' blah blah.

Again, I can't say as I blame him.

If we accept the above as fact (we have precious little else to go on) then rather than settle his contract it looks like Power is just trying to bully Williams into resigning by exposing him to a steadily increasing amount of public pressure.

Quite rightly, the manager of a failing team gets stick, and I'll hold my hands up as being guilty of giving Williams as much stick as anyone else, but any normal Chairman would remove the manager or put him on garden leave, and then appoint a replacement.

Power thought he was clever by going through the charade of bringing in his best mate (anyone who feels the need to declare that they have a best mate clearly has some kind of mental deficiency in my book, but that's for another day) but Williams scuppered that by (rightly) refusing to walk away without a pay off.

Pig-headed Lee typically digs his heels in, hoping Williams will fall on his sword or buckle under the pressure, and we sit around like mugs waiting for something to happen.......

Williams may not be very good, but it looks like he's being stitched up along with the rest of us, and at this stage of a tough season, the situation as it stands is going to damage us the longer it goes on.

IF we perform badly on Sunday (I can just about stomach a loss, but not another gutless performance) our vocal frustrations ought to be directed at Power and Sherwood.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:04:18 »

Reading his Adver article today that's about right.

Saying 'people' want him to quit and not 'fans' is a good indicator. I presume all this manager/owner/DoF falling out is affecting the team - much the same as when the Cooper/Williams combo turned toxic.

What a fucking shambolic way to run a football club - never mind one staring into the abyss.
Panda Paws

« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 09:22:13 »

Sunday feels like last-chance saloon for this lot, for sure.

However, if we get pumped, am I still going to support Swindon? Yes.

I can't imagine given up on years and years of being a fan based on what we do on transfer deadline day and if we play alright next weekend, because we're having a shit season and don't really like the way we're being run - two things that are regular occurrences.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: