Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry Away  (Read 40653 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 10:03:20 »

Clarke played the full ninety minutes as Southampton knocked the Town out of the Carling Cup in the Second Round - but as he left the pitch, the new Town striker was seen arguing with fitness coach Claudio Donatelli. As di Canio approached him with a consolatory arm, Clarke pushed the Town boss away as he continued to protest about the training regime - when the pair eventually got into the tunnel, television cameras captured pictures of an altercation in which it appeared that punches were thrown. Clarke made his way back onto the pitch, where he spent fifteen minutes talking to chairman Jeremy Wray before leaving the ground in full kit. After the chairman backed his manager, and TV footage proved di Canio's side of the argument, the Town boss was quick to state that Clarke had played his last game for Swindon - revealing that the striker had told his agent that he had wanted to leave two days before the game, and though he had seen Clarke's bad attitude first hand since he had signed, he had looked past it in an attempt to integrate him into the squad.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=CLARKELE

tl;dr - he was a lazy c*nt who didn't want to work for his wages

Changed for you.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 10:29:15 »

Clarke played the full ninety minutes as Southampton knocked the Town out of the Carling Cup in the Second Round - but as he left the pitch, the new Town striker was seen arguing with fitness coach Claudio Donatelli. As di Canio approached him with a consolatory arm, Clarke pushed the Town boss away as he continued to protest about the training regime - when the pair eventually got into the tunnel, television cameras captured pictures of an altercation in which it appeared that punches were thrown. Clarke made his way back onto the pitch, where he spent fifteen minutes talking to chairman Jeremy Wray before leaving the ground in full kit. After the chairman backed his manager, and TV footage proved di Canio's side of the argument, the Town boss was quick to state that Clarke had played his last game for Swindon - revealing that the striker had told his agent that he had wanted to leave two days before the game, and though he had seen Clarke's bad attitude first hand since he had signed, he had looked past it in an attempt to integrate him into the squad.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=CLARKELE

tl;dr - he didn't like training

How odd. I mean clearly the actions are totally unacceptable, wrong time, wrong place, wrong approach. I wonder what his issue was? And why round on the fitness coach?

..never go back.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 10:31:55 »

How odd. I mean clearly the actions are totally unacceptable, wrong time, wrong place, wrong approach. I wonder what his issue was? And why round on the fitness coach?

At a guess....running!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 10:34:04 »

He didn't like the training at the club, specifically the large amounts of running. I guess he felt Donatelli was an easier target than Di Canio.

If you believe some rumours, he wasn't the only one unhappy with the training.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #139 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 10:35:43 »

"You telling me I have to run again tomorrow? Fuck that"

Can be clearly heard on the Sky footage on youtube.

Anyway, 4 more paying on the day as we said to ourselves we would only go if we had a new manager in.
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:17:39 »

Optimism is up and a new gaffa in, Cov are under embargo and down in the dumps.
with 2500 sold in advance and the amount of people who say they are buying on the gate, I along with many others I think would be dissapointed if we didnt take 3000 fans.
Kevin Macs barmy army! Pint
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:28:47 »

Following on from yesterday's question about our biggest away following, anyone have any ideas what our lowest is?
kerry red

« Reply #142 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:39:52 »

I'd imagine a game during the infamous 3-day week of the 70s(?)

Games played midweek in the afternoon cos there was no electricity for the floodlights.

As for a normal games I wouldn't have a clue - although my all time worst experience was getting a right stuffing at Bolton (7-0 I think). Never seen a Town team so devoid of effort or pride
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:53:21 »

Speaking of Coventry, they have been placed under a transfer embargo.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #144 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:00:04 »

Following on from yesterday's question about our biggest away following, anyone have any ideas what our lowest is?
There were certailnty a few games when we first got relegated to Div 4 where there were about 50 of us. Hudders, Plymouth and Lincoln away were around the 50 mark
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:00:39 »

CHEATS!  DISGRACE! SCUM! etc.

That comes courtesy of talksport.  Or it would do if they were called Swindon.

Never knowingly overstated.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:05:03 »

There were certailnty a few games when we first got relegated to Div 4 where there were about 50 of us. Hudders, Plymouth and Lincoln away were around the 50 mark

I was at a Tuesday night game at Grimsby, think it was our last season in championship, there were only about 40-50 of us there that night
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:08:35 »

We took 22 to Blackburn for a Simod Cup Premlinary Round game at Blackburn in 1987 if that's any use to you. As you would expect, it was a midweek game.

Oh, by the way, that is a .....

FACT!
stfc87ccfc

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:08:47 »

40 50 is poor by any standard of football.

Clarke had his issues at swindon but unfortunately we never get to see the full story, similar one with us, when we had Bellamy, he was dire and a right c unit but went on to bigger and better.

Clarke will give your defence a game tomorrow no question about it especially when you lot try winding him up.

Here is to a good game and atmosphere!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:00:05 »

Speaking of Coventry, they have been placed under a transfer embargo.

Magic, Bury had the same happen to them before we played them and look what happened!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: