Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The thread for petrolheads  (Read 18658 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:35:43 »

Not really a petrol head post but I will take the opportunity...

I have just bought my good lady a new car so I am selling her old one.

2002 Vauxhall Astra 1.4i LS 16v 90bhp hatchback in metallic silver

150k miles

Factory alloys, CD, aircon (needs recharging!), power steering, yadda yadda yadda

Additions include OEM front fog lights and xenon headlamp bulbs

Full service history, all receipts, religiously serviced and maintained by my good self over the last eight years

One year's MoT, done this week

The tyres are good

Just had the cambelt (kit) and auxiliary drive belt replaced this week by Greenmeadow

I renewed the front calipers, new braided stainless brake hoses front and back, new rear brake cylinders and replaced all of the brake lines with copper last summer

I will give it a full 150k service before I sell it on - oil and filter, air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, front and back wiper blades, anti-freeze change, even new batteries in the remotes!

I will also fit a new pair of front discs and pads, a new set of pedal rubbers and a new set of mats. It will have a full professional internal and external valet before it is sold as well

As you see I am quite anal about my vehicles and I want them to be right. This car is in very good condition - the engine is brilliant and the bodywork is in good nick - and if the servicing is maintained it should last another 100k miles

I'm looking for the market value of about £795

If you're after a clean reliable commute, a good runabout or a cheap second car then PM me  Cool
Barry Scott

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:01:20 »

I'm with you Barry. I have wanted one ever since they came out in 1976 when I was a 16 year old puppy. The last one, a V8, was made in 2004 so only 10 years ago. I saw this one on eBay and just had to have it, a lifelong ambition. Finally. So ok, it will get fixed on the insurance and I am never ever going to let go of it. You can feel people's eyes burning into your back at the petrol station, "flash cunt" but to be honest it was the same price to buy as my good lady's brand new Vauxhall.

The running costs however...

And I missed out 2 crucial characters when saying the Esprit makes me feel old, I meant Esprit V8.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:22:46 »

The MD of the company I work for has a Porsche Cayenne GTS. I don't know much about cars (I'm looking at buying a XC60) but it sounds absolutely incredible.
kerry red

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:31:41 »

Flash cunt
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:35:15 »

The MD of the company I work for has a Porsche Cayenne GTS. I don't know much about cars (I'm looking at buying a XC60) but it sounds absolutely incredible.

My boss has one too, it really is a mid life crisis mobile but it is fantastic to go in

Previous boss had his own jet which was even more fun to go in  Grin
kerry red

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:38:15 »

Even flashier cunt
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:42:16 »

Even flashier cunt

He was minted, sold off parts of the company I'm currently employed buy for in excess of £10m, yet was a most grounded and down to earth person.
kerry red

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:43:15 »

Not grounded when in his plane, though!
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:48:10 »

Not grounded when in his plane, though!

No, I think he sold his jet and another plane to fund his new business venture.
Barry Scott

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:04:02 »

I love the sound of a good motor, even though some of them are a little manufactured these days, christ some even pump false sound into the cabin to make it sound louder and more guttural to the driver.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:16:41 »

I like the XC60 a lot. Had an S60 which was the nicest car I've ever driven. Talking of Scandi, aren't there rumours of a Saab revival? I still dream of owning a 9-3 convertible.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:24:15 »

Cayennes, BMW X-cars and the like can go burn in a ditch for all I care. If you want a big posh car that can actually go off road, buy a Range Rover. If you don't need it to go off road then there a multitude of other cars that will do the job of showing off you're a knobend a lot better.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:25:54 »

As above, Cayennes are an insult to the internal combustion engine.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:27:05 »

I am never 'wowed' by a huge 4x4. I really don't see the appeal or the point.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:31:16 »

Although I am a hot hatch fan, I feel that some of these are actually moving away from what they were. An affordable hotter version of a standard family car. Some of these cars are approaching supercar stats and command a hefty asking price.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: