Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78460 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #495 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 13:33:06 »

Agree Arriba. Bart got crucified last pre season but was proved right tbf
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #496 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 13:36:06 »

I don't think Bart was proven right at all, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

And whose to say we won't spend anyway? We are clearly willing to after all but oh wait, shock and horror...... players might actually choose a team with a better chance of promotion than us.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #497 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 13:42:16 »

I didn't say we wont spend. I'm just saying that he gets alot of shit for saying what others also post.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 13:50:37 »

You have to speculate to acumalate (is that the right saying?!)

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #499 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 13:54:32 »

Yep you are right. Part of me thinks scrap the fee's we are paying and pay bigger wages but i know it is not that easy.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 14:17:36 »

The point is that Bart doesn't manage his expectations at all, he's like a Man Ure fan trapped inside a Swindon fan's body - the way he bangs on about finances etc. is as though he thinks he has a god given right to support a team that brings success and that eveyone involved in the club is doing their best to make sure that doesn't happen to make him miserable.

He should have gone out there and made a fortune for himself, no doubt he would have ploughed it all into the club himself by now and we'd be champions of the universe but he didn't did he.

We're a small club, success if we get it will be a slow evolving beast not some over night flash in the pan.  We've got the rest of our lives to follow this club, there will be ups and downs but we will never be a big club and as such expectations should reflect this.

I don't think it's fair on those in charge to be forever castigated by people like him for how they spend their money, they really are doing what they see as best for the club after all.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #501 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 14:26:20 »

I do agree mate it just seems we are missing out on targets again so maybe we should look at what we are doing. Saying that i wouldnt expect us to compete with Norwich and hudders.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 14:33:47 »

We've only missed out on OTJ so far, people will say we missed out on Nelson but I don't suppose we ever tried to get him I don't see another CB on big wages as a proirity, if Rose doesn't come I suspect that will be a location issue - if we lose out on Theo I'll be more worried admittedly given that he'd have to up sticks to go up there.

We've got a good set up off the field now so the team will be more organised anyway - there hasn't been much business done in L1 just yet so I don't think we're too far behind in that respect and the season is a month and a half off, bit too soon to be panicking about transfers for me.
lambourn red

« Reply #503 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 14:35:13 »

Is Bart aka the Changeling on the adver comments section they seem to be reading from the same hymn sheet
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 14:40:58 »

Is Bart aka the Changeling on the adver comments section they seem to be reading from the same hymn sheet

Think most people over there subscribe to the same school of thought on this issue.
lambourn red

« Reply #505 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 14:44:39 »

Surely not the user Shirtliffter seems to be a reasonable guy he does not seem to be winding them up in any way  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 15:47:19 »

You have to speculate to acumalate (is that the right saying?!)

correct saying, incorrect spelling  (accumulate)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 17:33:56 »

We've only missed out on OTJ so far, people will say we missed out on Nelson but I don't suppose we ever tried to get him I don't see another CB on big wages as a proirity, if Rose doesn't come I suspect that will be a location issue - if we lose out on Theo I'll be more worried admittedly given that he'd have to up sticks to go up there.

We've got a good set up off the field now so the team will be more organised anyway - there hasn't been much business done in L1 just yet so I don't think we're too far behind in that respect and the season is a month and a half off, bit too soon to be panicking about transfers for me.

Spot on Tom

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spencer_White

« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 18:29:10 »

When Bart doesnt post, you know things are on the up.

Last season was the worst season Ive ever seen at Swindon. I dont need someone ramming it down my throat on the internet.

My hunch is that Theo Robinson wont be signing though.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 18:31:19 by Spencer_White » Logged
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 18:33:51 »

When Bart doesnt post, you know things are on the up.

Last season was the worst season Ive ever seen at Swindon. I dont need someone ramming it down my throat on the internet.

My hunch is that Theo Robinson wont be signing though.
Theres plenty of other strikers out there im sure Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: