Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78402 times)
dell boy

« Reply #180 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:06:38 »

For those who have made bids, Leicester look like the favourites, I'm sure he will be gone before the end of June.
I still think there are two clubs to play their hand yet and this is good news for us moneywise and they would also be preferred moves for Coxy - back to Reading and a move just down the motorway to QPR.

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:08:59 »

why reading? they dont even have a manager at the moment
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:10:04 »

Yep. I'd be shocked if Q.P.R. weren't in for him. I also think Bristol City will try (and fail) to get him. They're in serious need of goals.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:13:55 »

For those who have made bids, Leicester look like the favourites, I'm sure he will be gone before the end of June.

If he is going to go (and he is), then I hope he is gone by the end of June.  Any later than that and his departure will overshadow pre-season preparations.  It would also give us a better shot at finding a suitable replacement.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Cox was gone by the end of May.
dell boy

« Reply #184 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:25:17 »

why reading? they dont even have a manager at the moment
Kitson goes back from loan, according to what I'm hearing in Reading - Lita, Long and Hunt will all be sold pre-season that will accrue about £8m and Mr M needs the money to bring in new blood, they have to go up next season (last balloon payment from the Premier) or tumble down the division.
Cox is a Reading boy, and would be a good signing for them at a reasonable price, seeing they get 30% off the fee anyway.
He would also be a very popular choice with the fans, they couldn't believe Reading released him in the first place and kept Lita.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:35:55 »

Cox won't go back to Reading. I listened to a recent interview with him where he clearly stated that he still feels bitter about never being given a fair crack in the first team there.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:39:49 »

Kitson goes back from loan, according to what I'm hearing in Reading - Lita, Long and Hunt will all be sold pre-season that will accrue about £8m and Mr M needs the money to bring in new blood, they have to go up next season (last balloon payment from the Premier) or tumble down the division.
Cox is a Reading boy, and would be a good signing for them at a reasonable price, seeing they get 30% off the fee anyway.
He would also be a very popular choice with the fans, they couldn't believe Reading released him in the first place and kept Lita.

And Brendan Rodgers, the Watford manager, is an early favorite to take over at Reading. He was in charge of the Reading academy for 6 years while Cox was there. Maybe Coxy will hang around to see if anything happens with reading.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:49:13 »

Cox won't go back to Reading. I listened to a recent interview with him where he clearly stated that he still feels bitter about never being given a fair crack in the first team there.

Yeah, but the entire management team of Coppell, Downes & Dillon that didn't play him have now gone. I bet he could be tempted.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #188 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 13:58:24 »

I wouldnt be surprised if he went back to Reading, he is still a supporter of theirs and as stated above...the whole management structure may well be changed by the time he would return.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #189 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 15:50:50 »

He's a Liverpool fan, not a Reading fan.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 16:05:09 »

The thought occurred to me also...would settle the add on clause.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 19:37:03 »

Yep. I'd be shocked if Q.P.R. weren't in for him. I also think Bristol City will try (and fail) to get him. They're in serious need of goals.

My hunch is Swansea or Palace.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 19:43:19 »

My hunch is Swansea or Palace.
Swansea might not be a bad shout, I did read that somebody was offering £3.5 mill. for Jason Scotland!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 19:46:18 »

He'd be a good replacement for Scotland. If not though I can't see Swansea having the financial clout to put in a decent enough offer for him.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 08:00:06 »

I like the cut of Mr Fitton's jib...

ANDREW Fitton has again warned the clubs coveting Town player of the year Simon Cox that only a “very special offer’’ will prise the 32-goal striker away from the County Ground.

Cox looks likely to become the subject of a looming bidding war following Fitton’s confirmation that Town had two fresh offers for the 22-year-old, one from Coca-Cola League One champions Leicester City and the other believed to be from Scottish champions Celtic.

The Championship-bound Foxes look certain to test Town’s resolve again, chairman Milan Mandaric admitting that Cox was high on their list of summer transfer targets.

But Town chairman Fitton confirmed: “The club has had a number of contacts both verbal and in writing from interested parties, but none of those offers have been accepted.

“We’ve had two written offers and it’s true that those weren’t offers that we’d be likely to accept.

“It’s going to take a very special offer to prise Simon Cox away. He’s a class act and comfortably the best striker in the division.

“We have no need to sell him and we have no desire to sell him
, but equally it’s part of our job to help develop players and then allow them to move at the agreed time.”

Cox has a year to go on his current contract and the club have not given up hope of persuading him to extend his stay

But the future of the player has been at the centre of months of speculation with manager Danny Wilson admitting that it was “unrealistic’’ not to expect heightened interest in the ex-Reading frontman over the summer.

Last season Cox, who has scored 47 goals in 88 appearances for Swindon, was the subject of a believed £500,000 bid by League One rivals Huddersfield.

Town rejected that out of hand, but Premier League basement boys West Brom, Bolton, Hull City top flight-bound Wolverhampton Wanderers and Championship outfits Queens Park Rangers and Bristol City have also been among his suitors.

Celtic meanwhile, are also thought to be interested in Cox's teammate, teenage defender Sean Morrison.

Leicester though have made plain their interest, Mandaric saying: “He is a quality player and Nigel (Pearson, manager) and his staff think highly of him.

“We are interested but we are facing competition. He is on a shortlist.

“We are at a time when we are approaching that situation and I think we should know more in a few days.”

Meanwhile, Fitton has confirmed that defender Lescinel Jean-Francois has agreed the terms of a new contract, but has not yet signed it. Phil Smith and Craig Easton are still mulling over their offers.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/4370540.Cox___the_wanted_man/
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: