Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78443 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 22:43:32 »

If this is a maths thing I only got to A level  Cheesy

It's not really. Can't be arsed to explain, it's dull but google it if you're bothered.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 22:46:40 »

It's not really. Can't be arsed to explain, it's dull but google it if you're bothered.

Did as you said  Zzz
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 22:47:39 »

Did as you said  Zzz

I did warn you.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 07:14:51 »

two bids have been turned down. One from Leicester and the other apparently Celtic

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #169 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 08:20:04 »

I don't think he will go north of the border.....yes its a huge club but I think he will opt to stay in the south of the country, well Brum/Leicester south anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 08:32:23 »

two bids have been turned down. One from Leicester and the other apparently Celtic
West Brom will surely be in at some point too - perhaps when the season ends - as they've certainly had a good look. Then we've got a proper bidding war.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #171 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 08:46:13 »

I don't think he will go north of the border.....yes its a huge club but I think he will opt to stay in the south of the country, well Brum/Leicester south anyway.
Do you seriously think a 21 year old lad would turn down a chance to play champions league football for a team like celtic? If the club did accept a bid for him from celtic if i was cox i would jump at that chance.Playing in front of a packed house every week with a very good chance of winning the title and playing european football.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 08:47:31 »

Depends if Cox would actually get a game at Celtic or whether he'd end up a squad player. He's done the latter at Reading, hence why we got him.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 08:49:44 »

Has the whole "Cox doesn't want to venture far" argument ended now? Because Leicester and Glasgow would surely not be Cox's ideal destination!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #174 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 08:53:49 »

I think he will go anywhere he thinks he will get success.Its ok saying he will get a game at leicester but thats no good if they finish bottom half of the table.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 08:59:02 »

Cox and Scott Macdonald are pretty similar types of players. I think Cox is better

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 08:59:56 »

Why not, if he scores 20 odd goals for a couple of seasons he'll end up in the Prem. Doesn't matter where Leicester finish.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 10:16:17 »

I thought that and also thought if we refuse to sell and offer a contract would we more than likely get what we paid anyway at tribunal?
I've never been convinced he'll go. He is under contract for another year at least so if we were offered £200 million the board could still reject the offer (unless there is a "trigger" clause in his contract). So it won't go to a tribunal.
From what I've heard AF will let him go IF the deal is right for STFC AND the player. That means a decent fee amongst other things, not a wedge in a paper bag as in previous boards. Even if a bid is accepted, Cox may not go. He loves playing for us  every week & if convinced we will push for promotion next year may prefer the near certainty of first team football at the top of Div 1 with a club he knows, rather than a squad player in mid table of the championship.
If he stays, he will get a new contract with us on higher wages, score more goals next season, & hopefully help get us up. If he is in demand now, he certainly would be after that.

From the Dark Side
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #178 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 11:07:23 »

Depends if Cox would actually get a game at Celtic or whether he'd end up a squad player. He's done the latter at Reading, hence why we got him.
That what I was getting at DRS, I cant see him being anwhere near playing in the first team at Celtic, if he only makes the bench and doesnt get regular games then he wont be anywhere near Champions League games.

I think at his current level of development then he will make the jump to championship level easily but the step up to the level expected at Celtic....more unlikely IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 12:31:49 »

Let's be honest here, we don't have to sell Cox as we are not in financial trouble so that means that we can afford to turn down early bids knowing very well there are others clubs interested, and bigger than Leicester, so should offer a bigger fee, hopefully that will send a message to clubs that Swindon will only sell if the other is a "blow you out of the water" type of offer.

Bear in mind there is a reported 40% sell on to Reading so the offer has to be a really good offer for us to get in some real good money.

I think it would be a mistake for Cox to go to Leicester as at the moment they are still in development under Madaric and will probably not be a team that is likely to challenge, and Celtic Cox will be a squad player at best, if he has aspirations of playing in the prem then going to Celtic and getting forgotten about is the wrong move.

I expect Cox will also think of his gf as I beleive she works in Reading so it would mean her uprooting and leaving her job and freinds if he went up north...I'm sure that will be a factor on where Cox goes also.

On other note I hear that Celtic are also interested in Morrison but how refreshing for a stfc to turn offers down.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: