Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78414 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 17:51:54 »

Favourite Program - Friends

/
W56196272
flammableBen

« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 18:10:55 »

Urgh.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 18:16:26 »

PNE should will sign cox. Him and Parkin up front, they'll be looking for that extra push after this seasons disappointment

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 10:08:30 »

I wouldn't want Kanu in part-exchange, young big head with lots of talent who is going nowhere in football. For me he has a poor attitude.

I agree. Against Rovers he looked like he had the "I'm off soon so it doesn't matter to me" attitude.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 10:20:56 »

He is 19 for fucksake. Some of his goals were vital. His arrival was as important as greers on reflection. Northampton and brighton away he was quality. Has played not even a season and people have him on the scrap heap already
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 10:23:40 »

And Colchester away, he was our most dangerous player, he wasn't bothered against rovers i agree, but no reason to write him off, i'd have him back without a doubt.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 10:29:45 »

I wasn't denying he had an impact or that he has skill. Just saying what I saw against Rovers.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 10:37:18 »

I was refering to Dell. Also dont forget he was carrying a injury
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 10:39:04 »

1st time I saw HRK was against Hartlepoo when I thought he was one of the worst players ever to grace the CG in a Town shirt.

The next 3 times I saw him he looked head and shoulders better than Macca/JPM/et al and at Yeovil we crumbled when he left the pitch after 20mins or so and couldnt put another attack together.

I would welcome im on a season long loan or a permanant deal.

He is a typical winger....inconsistant but IMO hes a lot better and more consistant than Macca.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dell boy

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 12:47:33 »

I was refering to Dell. Also dont forget he was carrying a injury
He is quite skillful, scored some important goals and yes he is very young.
When he has played a few more games and teams get to know him, he will be very easy to take out of the game, he always turns the same way with the ball at his feet, he couldnt tackle my grandmother, he cant be arsed if he loses the ball, doesnt play for anyone else but himself and for me has a big headed 'I come from a bigger club attitude' - the guy is going nowhere, well maybe here.

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 13:38:02 »

the lad will have a future as a pro, dell.
he has talent.so what if he was a bit greedy and had a bit of arrogance about him.
i'd love wilson to sign him if he can.he scored goals, and always looked a threat when i saw him play
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 13:43:06 »

he needs some working on thats for certain, rough diamond and all that.

two things about him stick out for where he really lets himseld down. Tracking back, he just doesnt. When we get hit on the break he is always the last man forward as Paynter (other over looked attribute of his) and Cox get back to help defend on the edge of our own box whilst Kanu is still in there half. Second, is just knocking it past the full back and running. Down the right against Rovers he had their full back for pace but he kept cutting inside or doing step overs.

No co-incidense he came off. Amankwaah kept over lapping all he was doing was drawing the full back in, knocking it past him getting there first and crossing it in. Naturally thats where our winning goal game from.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 13:48:47 »

he needs some working on thats for certain, rough diamond and all that.

And for that reason, I can't see him being a part of Reading's plans for next season - he just isn't Championship playoff quality at the moment, he might be one day but not at the moment. I reckon we'd get him on a season long loan, if Wilson wants him that is.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 13:57:00 »

I'd certainly agree with that.

I cant see him getting into Readings first team squad next season
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 14:26:18 »

Can't help but feel Dell's being a bit harsh. 4 goals and 4 assists (I think it was) in 20 games isn't a bad return. He was getting better the longer the run in the team though I was more than annoyed by him against Rovers.

He can be frustrating but unlike players senior, he could actually develop and improve. If you think back to Zaaboub, Roberts and even McNamee, there's definitely a trend in that they're not good all round players and they have shortfalls in their gameplay and skills. I'm not going to say "that's why they play for Swindon" because as Cox has proved, we can get a gem of a player here. But there is a limited pool of talent you're going to get here and it's no coincidence that we haven't had any wingers here which are good all rounders.

Besides, I've seen Kanu track back and tackle in games. He just doesn't do it all of the time. I'm sure whoever his manager is can get him doing it more often.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: