Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125299 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #495 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 19:29:41 »

There's a huge scope for a conflict of interest being both landlord and tenant. I presume he is likely to be landlord longer than he will be owner.

So long as he doesn't sign us into long contract, leave and screw us the same way Firoz Kassam has done to the shit bags up the road with astronomical rents without the ability to terminate the contract.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 19:52:45 »

The only plans submitted so far are for 'two temporary pitches'.

Not sure how much that would cost to sort.

Shame we're no longer sponsored by Cotswold Farm Machinery.

One pitch has been enough for most of our time...pick up the dog shit before starting and the aforementioned cones placed.

Glenn Hoddle used to use the astro in the corners of the CG athletics....the bits for throwing and jumping. He'd stick a volley ball net up, and get them doing keepy uppy.

Proper state of the art facilities cost millions, I'm sure we're not going there.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 20:04:16 »

Got to be a couple of 4G pitches, surely.

If every age group is going to use this facility (which is the main reason for the training ground in the first place), then grass is out of the question.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 21:24:51 »

Personally I'm going to wait and see what's actually planned and built before worrying too much but each to their own. It would be impossible for Power to lock the club into a lucrative contract on the training ground as any decent lawyer would be able to get out of it and would be a major discussion point during any sale process.
Oxford could leave their ground if they wanted, problem is they have no other stadium to go to. Not quite the same with a training ground!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 21:30:16 »

I want to get through by posing a question about whether he intends to keep a back four system in the locker and if so who can fill in for NT when he is inevitably suspended. Then when I get on the air say

"..
What you wearing"

I feel this will be more beneficial than some of the stuff that people ask.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 22:56:07 »

As always, it is amusing how the BBC/Hodgetts get accused of filtering questions and giving Power an 'easy ride' yet when they ask fans directly on Twitter whether they would like to speak to Power over the phone, they nearly all make their excuses. Anyone could get on and take him to task if they wish.

On another note, I wonder if Jay's mate will ask for an update on the DRS mural and throw a strop when Power laughs the idea off as he did last time.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 06:30:24 »

As always, it is amusing how the BBC/Hodgetts get accused of filtering questions and giving Power an 'easy ride' yet when they ask fans directly on Twitter whether they would like to speak to Power over the phone, they nearly all make their excuses. Anyone could get on and take him to task if they wish.

On another note, I wonder if Jay's mate will ask for an update on the DRS mural and throw a strop when Power laughs the idea off as he did last time.

I noticed this. A lot of keyboard warriors.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 08:01:23 »

What you mean after all the bitching on here no one phone in and asked the immortal question - shocking!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 08:32:20 »

I would love to ask about the Swindon Advertiser presentation snub, but we have be made aware that we need to keep the club powers at be sweet if we want any chance of getting anything done display-wise. So I don't want to give them an excuse to reject anything we want to do without a real reason.

I'd rather carry on having what (very little) communication we have. He'll just come up with the usual "I'm not here to help them sell papers" anyway. Hmmm...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 08:47:16 »

I would love to ask about the Swindon Advertiser presentation snub, but we have be made aware that we need to keep the club powers at be sweet if we want any chance of getting anything done display-wise. So I don't want to give them an excuse to reject anything we want to do without a real reason.

I'd rather carry on having what (very little) communication we have. He'll just come up with the usual "I'm not here to help them sell papers" anyway. Hmmm...

Ring in and give a different name, get a mate to ring in, its not exactly rocket science?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 08:52:12 »

I'd suggest Kaybox. They'll never rumble that
Panda Paws

« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:00:48 »

What exactly do you want to know about it? Power doesn't like the media, and the Adver in particular. You can disagree and moan but, frankly, he isn't going to give a shit.

Unless the club have reneged on a commercial agreement as part of the sponsorship of that award, it's a non-story.
Flashheart

« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:07:13 »

Bets on the HIM klaxxon?

I'm going 13 minutes, 20 seconds.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:20:38 »

A few things -

I guess i'd be quite interested in our player recruitment for last season. For instance how on earth did we end up with free transfer players like Henrik Ojamaa/Bangoura. Were these panic signings? Were these signed based on information from our new chief scout Stevie Wonder?

Also what's the deal with the Irish Messi, do we see him playing a part next season?

What are the ST sales like?

And depending on the answer to the ST sales, what are the plans for the budget next season?

Has he got plans in place for promising young players on loan from Prem/Championship sides? I think we were very unlucky last season with the Liverpool players and injuries and I think we do get quality loans in so I am happy to add to the squad with a couple.

Are we looking to bring in a permanent number 1 keeper? Does he think Will Henry is now our number 2 based on his first team performances.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:37:06 »

I guess i'd be quite interested in our player recruitment for last season. For instance how on earth did we end up with free transfer players like Henrik Ojamaa/Bangoura. Were these panic signings? Were these signed based on information from our new chief scout Stevie Wonder?

All good questions, the thing with Jewell is that he seems to be primarily opposition scout, not a recruitment one. Power said as much once and his location (the north) would indicate that he would be doing mostly that, as does his relatively lack of experience.

Be interesting to know more about Brady's function too as clearly he had experience as an analyst and technical scout for Tim. Suspect part of it will be to impose order on the scouting system, to prioritise and follow leads given by Power's mates and agents, especially as Scout 7 is now standard issue in the FL. So a big part of it would be to provide a filter the crap earlier on...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: