Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 124142 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:41:07 »

Quote from: horlock07
I noticed this. A lot of keyboard warriors.
What you mean after all the bitching on here no one phone in and asked the immortal question - shocking!

BBC Wilts asked mine regarding money/interest owed to power in an early phone in, fair play.

He said it was one for his accountant, blah blah. At this point I realised he wasn't going to answer/commit to answer anything transparently so any serious suggestions are rather pointless.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:42:59 »

All good questions, the thing with Jewell is that he seems to be primarily opposition scout, not a recruitment one. Power said as much once and his location (the north) would indicate that he would be doing mostly that, as does his relatively lack of experience.

Be interesting to know more about Brady's function too as clearly he had experience as an analyst and technical scout for Tim. Suspect part of it will be to impose order on the scouting system, to prioritise and follow leads given by Power's mates and agents, especially as Scout 7 is now standard issue in the FL. So a big part of it would be to provide a filter the crap earlier on...

I actually have no idea about our scouting network so that is quite interesting.

Are you able to summarise who they are and what they do Mr Orange?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:54:43 »

I'd suggest Kaybox. They'll never rumble that

Or Banner Boy?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:57:30 »

What you mean after all the bitching on here no one phone in and asked the immortal question - shocking!

BBC Wilts asked mine regarding money/interest owed to power in an early phone in, fair play.

He said it was one for his accountant, blah blah. At this point I realised he wasn't going to answer/commit to answer anything transparently so any serious suggestions are rather pointless.

I have no idea of the details, but just to say in terms of detail and company structure I have very little idea of exactly what is going on in my case, it makes perfect sense when my accountant explains it to me, but ask me about it 10 minutes later and my answer would resemble Power's.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 10:15:46 »

I actually have no idea about our scouting network so that is quite interesting.

Are you able to summarise who they are and what they do Mr Orange?

I don't know nothing directly, nowt. However, scouting fascinates me at the moment so I might try to put something together about more general ideas. Not least to keep me busy for a bit while there is no football.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 10:34:46 »

I have no idea of the details, but just to say in terms of detail and company structure I have very little idea of exactly what is going on in my case, it makes perfect sense when my accountant explains it to me, but ask me about it 10 minutes later and my answer would resemble Power's.
nothing to stop him finding out if he is making interest* on his loans and getting back to us.

*not got a problem with it, if its or below market value BTW.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 10:50:58 »

I don't know nothing directly, nowt. However, scouting fascinates me at the moment so I might try to put something together about more general ideas. Not least to keep me busy for a bit while there is no football.

There was an interesting interview with Steve Walsh, the man co-credited with Leicester's success, through player recruitment, on 5live t'other evening.  He was saying that the FA now run courses at St George's, in scouting and recruitment.

I'd heard of this fella, and mistakenly thought it to be the old Leicester warhorse defender of the same name...but this one is an ex teacher. Listening to him, I couldn't help but feel he's now blown it....somehow, I feel like a scout shouldn't be noticed, in order to do his/her best work.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 10:56:24 »

However, scouting fascinates me at the moment so I might try to put something together about more general ideas. Not least to keep me busy for a bit while there is no football.

Sure Bear Grylls  as Chief Scout can sort you out?  Cheesy
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 10:57:28 »

I'd heard of this fella, and mistakenly thought it to be the old Leicester warhorse defender of the same name...but this one is an ex teacher. Listening to him, I couldn't help but feel he's now blown it....somehow, I feel like a scout shouldn't be noticed, in order to do his/her best work.

Is it not 'that' Steve Walsh, I had always assumed the same?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 11:00:36 »

Same as until saw him interviewed after the Everton game.

Definately not the old school defender fella
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 11:05:47 »

http://linkis.com/www.punditarena.com/RUQdl - Cheers. I'll have a listen.

And it seems that most full-time scouts are well known to clubs, players and agents. Just because fans don't know them we assume they operate in anomity. They also know who is looking at whom and know exactly who is good and who isn't.

The trick seems to be in making the right leap of faith. Listening to one the other day saying Vardy was scouted at Halifax by everyone up to Championship and by him for WBA (his club) and they all fancied him. But that it was Fleetwood who took the risk & paid a big (ish) price.

Mike Calvin's book The Nowhere Men is good on the subject.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #521 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 11:42:16 »

Seconded for Nowhere Men, a really good read.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 11:50:00 »

A few things -

I guess i'd be quite interested in our player recruitment for last season. For instance how on earth did we end up with free transfer players like Henrik Ojamaa/Bangoura. Were these panic signings? Were these signed based on information from our new chief scout Stevie Wonder?

Also what's the deal with the Irish Messi, do we see him playing a part next season?

What are the ST sales like?

And depending on the answer to the ST sales, what are the plans for the budget next season?

Has he got plans in place for promising young players on loan from Prem/Championship sides? I think we were very unlucky last season with the Liverpool players and injuries and I think we do get quality loans in so I am happy to add to the squad with a couple.

Are we looking to bring in a permanent number 1 keeper? Does he think Will Henry is now our number 2 based on his first team performances.

Some good questions there. I just wonder if this time Steve Anderson will be alongside him in the studio because the last two times they have held these, he often answered a question with "thats one for Steve Anderson" so perhaps it would make sense if Shaun Hodgetts got him in as well?

It would be interesting to know whether the team will train full time at Highworth from next season or if its not ready if they will be at Wootton Bassett again
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 11:54:46 »

. I just wonder if this time Steve Anderson will be alongside him

Nope, BBC Wilts tweeted he has a "prior engagement".

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 12:02:53 »

http://linkis.com/www.punditarena.com/RUQdl - Cheers. I'll have a listen.

And it seems that most full-time scouts are well known to clubs, players and agents. Just because fans don't know them we assume they operate in anomity. They also know who is looking at whom and know exactly who is good and who isn't.

Spot on.
These scouts will also be informing clubs of there attendance in upcoming games. They have a seat ready and waiting for them. People in football like the sound of their own voice and ain't backwards at coming forwards with details so will talk openly to each other. All football rumours come from blabbermouths in clubs let's not forget.

Our youth set up used to have games with top academies in the hope of some of our individuals getting taken by them. Liverpool and Chelsea two prime examples I know of.

I was also told by the Everton youth coach when at the milk cup that they had details on every kid at every academy.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 12:10:13 by Arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: