Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 13422 times)
Fridge

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:57:50 »

It came via a players girlfriend. I doubt he was blubbing like a schoolgirl but it must have been hard to take that soon after the event.

Who knows, I wasn't there.

I was shocked to hear it myself.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:10:10 »

The thing about Austin i've noticed is he's completely down to earth. In the interview with him before the game he said to hear the Swindon fans singing his name was quite overwhelming at first.

Maybe to have some idiot turn on you is something completely new to him too? He'll come back stronger for this though I believe.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:15:21 »

He'll come back stronger for this though I believe.

Definitely Ralphy. It's all part growing up. If that's the worst thing that ever happens to him in his career then he'll be doing well.
Doore

« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:16:30 »

Brilliant quote from Danny after the game

"It's not thanks to you we lost ... it's thanks to you we ggot here"

Charlie Austin, Swindon Town legend

Danny Wilson is absolutely right.  I hope this story isn't true, Charlie's season is one of the best stories to do with this club in years.  No-one can blame him for the miss.
Fridge

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:16:40 »

This boy is special. He'll be stronger for all the things he's experienced this season, good and bad.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:34:38 »

Brilliant quote from Danny after the game

"It's not thanks to you we lost ... it's thanks to you we got here"
That's fantastic and extremely well put. If true about some part-timer having a go at Charlie, I hope someone decked the little runt there and then
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:56:42 »

Chin up Charlie! We know you're feeling down,but your disappointment could be the making of you!

Use this guy as a role model to toughen up mentally and to show the world you mean business.

When you score your 1st goal next season,just let it rip!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:17:38 »

Chin up Charlie! We know you're feeling down,but your disappointment could be the making of you!

Use this guy as a role model to toughen up mentally and to show the world you mean business.

Funnily enough, I had thought of that when thinking about Charlie's miss - It wouldn't surprise me if Psycho actually had a quiet word with him at some point - what with having watched him for the U21's and all that.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:56:19 »

It wouldn't surprise me if Psycho actually had a quiet word with him at some point - what with having watched him for the U21's and all that.

Would probably do him the world of good.  He''s obviously a player who takes things to heart, we've seen that week in and week out and I reckon he'll need a fair bit of support from those around him and afar in the next couple of weeks to stop blaming himself.
RedWeston

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 06:08:07 »

the millwall capt whent on talk sport and said If Charlie had waited a second he could of scord.
Whot a A-hole.
If that was him we have a throw in
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 08:43:11 by RedWeston » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 06:18:28 »

That still still makes my hairs stand on end
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 08:35:39 »

Apparently Millwall want Austin and they're going to bid £500k, by The Sun.

They're going to be at least £1m short of the price target.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 08:42:06 »

I saw Charlie and the rest of them out Sunday night and if anything, Austin looked the happiest of the bunch. They seemed swamped by people going up to them and saying well done and unlucky and whatnot. I find it hard to believe that Austin was in tears at any point.

officially blacker than the night.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 08:45:44 »

Apparently Millwall want Austin and they're going to bid £500k, by The Sun.

They're going to be at least £1m short of the price target.

If Charlie was going to move on so soon (he isn't), I think he'll be aiming a little higher than London's 9th biggest side.  He'll be with us for at least another season, and hopefully longer.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 09:01:48 »

Calderwood has been watching him all season - I can see a £1million bid coming in from Newcastle - I cant see us turning it down

I used to be Fatbury
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: