Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59733 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 17:21:15 »

Even the season just gone he was dropped for a few games (before Austin came).

Most people conveniently forget that Paynter was pretty crap last season until around the time Austin arrived (though after that he was pretty much on fire for the rest of the season). Sure, he did a good job supporting Cox but the one period when he was our main striker he showed he simply wasn't up to the job.

I'm probably on my own with this, but I don't think he formed that good a partnership with Austin. Sure they both scored a lot of goals, but it seemed more a case of two strikers who couldn't stop scoring rather than a partnership (of the kind he had with Cox).

Paynter wasn't worth anything more than a one season extension last summer and everyone would have been complaining if he'd been given that and had a poor season. By the time he hit his top form consistently last season and was worth a two (or more) year deal it was too late and he was never going to sign it (except maybe if we'd gone up).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 17:41:55 »

He was shit last all he did was score penalties.

All strikers who play upfront all on their own score LOADS.

All our other players played well every single game and no one ever dipped in form ever.

Douglas had one bad game last year, usless cunt.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 18:20:10 »

I heard he dropped his wallet on his foot, greedy cunt Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 19:26:35 »

There really are some utter cunts around...and I'm not talking about Billy Paynter Roll Eyes
Feel free to name them then, just so there's no confusion.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #349 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 22:19:06 »

Feel free to name them then, just so there's no confusion.

STFC_Gazza Cheesy

Thing is ofcourse I am annoyed not because Paynter was shit for us, but because he was good.
deltaincline

« Reply #350 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 23:07:21 »

Paynter will do well to score 10 goals for Leeds next season. His failure to fire them into an expected safe, mid table position by Christmas, is why Larry will get the boot.

Fuck the stats and rose tinted glasses; He came alive when Austin joined us last season. Prior to that he was a fucking enigma at best.

I dont blame him for taking the big wages, but Leeds will crush him.
flammableBen

« Reply #351 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 23:43:16 »

shit, when did paynter leave? we're fucked.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 00:38:44 »

shit, when did paynter leave? we're fucked.

Crying Crying
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 07:27:58 »

How you knos this, did you see?

Yeah I went to the "do" at the CG - certain players making a bit of a show of themselves to be honest - DW had gone by then BUT PS looked like he was going to kill someone......

Also interesting that talking to Billy, 2 days before they announced he was leaving, looked myself and my brother in law straight in the eye and said he hoped he was staying and didn't want to leave !!!

Wise men say........
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 08:36:33 »

He was shit last all he did was score penalties.

All strikers who play upfront all on their own score LOADS.

All our other players played well every single game and no one ever dipped in form ever.

No-ones actually saying that are they. You see everything as black and white
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #355 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 08:52:51 »

No-ones actually saying that are they. You see everything as black and white

It has been said of Paynter though, maybe not in this thread but they were consistent themes.

Anyway, regardless of the silly arguing over Paynter's merits or lack of, there are clearly people who are bitter that he's left despite the fact they didn't rate him highly.

A few of our fans seem to be a bit too full of themselves after our previous season.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 09:00:24 »

Losing Paynter was a direct result of the way Fitton handles players and their contracts.

Young players will be given 2 or 3 year contracts, often with extension clauses built in, and we'll pay a fee for them where necessary. They'll be offered extensions well in advance to tie them down if they are still showing potential so we don't lose them without getting a fee.

Senior players will be given 1 or 2 year contracts, and it's highly unlikely we'll pay a fee for them. They will be offered extensions no earlier than a few months in to the final season of their contract, sometimes we'll lose them on a free.

Personally I think what he does is spot on as we need to make money from transfer fees for the young players and at the same time ensure we don't end up with senior players on high wages on the books when they turn to shit. Fitton has achieved those aims pretty well but sometimes it will end up back firing, ie Paynter.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #357 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 09:02:41 »

Absolutely spot on Jonny
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 09:05:42 »

why will the Paynter back fire?

as deltaincline said he was an enigma at best before Austin appeared.
Yes he scored 29 goals but Cox scored 32 the season before and we all thought the same about him leaving.

There will always be someone there to fill the gap and DW + AF will make sure of that.

We wont miss paynter

Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 09:08:38 »

I'm not bitter about him leaving. Fair play to him, he put in a good season and got a big contract at a big club and we move onwards. It was a shame to see him leave but i think he is definitely replaceable.

Yeah I went to the "do" at the CG - certain players making a bit of a show of themselves to be honest - DW had gone by then BUT PS looked like he was going to kill someone......

Pray do tell which players were making a show?

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: