Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59418 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:30:22 »

Leeds look as if they miss Prutton.

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 11:33:01 »

Another forward from swindon who fails at a higher level.

By failed, you mean injured, yeah?
dell boy

« Reply #452 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 11:43:27 »

Another forward from swindon who fails at a higher level.

Only Fjortoft played the big time for lesser clubs.

We seem to produce better defenders and midfielders - Calderwood, Kerslake, Summerbee, Horlock,Moncur etc etc

Its hard to judge and make a comparison of the Paynter who played for Swindon and one who played last night.
When he was brought into the game on the very few occasions he did ok.
Snodgrass and Howson and nippy little fucker on the left did not do him any favours, instead of putting the ball into Paynter's feet, chest, head they continually tried to beat the man in front of them, lose the ball and Paynter's runs probably went unnoticed by most. All Paynter could do was to trot from one side to the other to try to get into the game. Totally different style to what he received at Swindon. The only time he received it to his feet he laid off a beautiful pass into the oncoming midfielder.
It's going to be hard for Billy at Leeds.
nochee

« Reply #453 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:02:18 »

He did ok from what I saw. Looked to be working hard from the off, good strength and laying the ball off. But one counter he looked absolutely fucked. Guess that's what 5 months out will do to you.

I agree with this. Also, let's not forget he was a lone striker amongst the premiers leagues best defenders.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #454 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 12:04:40 »

I can't believe people are still bitter about it
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 15:39:18 »

By failed, you mean injured, yeah?

No....its just we never seem to produce a forward who goes on to the top........they always flop....injuries included so i take your point.

City had Andy Cole, the Pox had Aldridge, even Rovers had Gary Penrice...

Clems Army!
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 16:26:56 »

we had Paul Rideout! did'nt he score the winner for Everton in the Fa cup against Man u?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 16:41:43 »

we had Paul Rideout! did'nt he score the winner for Everton in the Fa cup against Man u?

Always ready to pull Paul Rideout out of your ass!!!

Saw him play for England Schoolboys.

I'm going to thrash you all around the court next week for this!!!

Clems Army!
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 17:41:52 »

I agree with this. Also, let's not forget he was a lone striker amongst the premiers leagues best defenders.

I'm all for not slating an ex-player but I wouldn't go that far.. Djourou, Koscielny, Gibbs and Sagna are not really in the PL's best defenders category are they?

Thought he looked a shadow of the player that left us, but 5 months of injury and playing in the stiffs will do that. I'd have him back in an instant at the moment.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 09:08:13 »

I'm all for not slating an ex-player but I wouldn't go that far.. Djourou, Koscielny, Gibbs and Sagna are not really in the PL's best defenders category are they?

Thought he looked a shadow of the player that left us, but 5 months of injury and playing in the stiffs will do that. I'd have him back in an instant at the moment.

Technically if we are looking at stats Gibbs aside those Arsenal defenders have consistently played all season and they currently have the 2nd best defensive record in the division.  So although individually they may not be the best defenders as a back 4 they are the 2nd best in the league.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: