Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59676 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 13:47:52 »

I once saw her in a Vest top which I have an identical on which I brought in the sale in New Look for £3!

Girl after my own heart!  

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 13:50:01 »

i was referring to the bright pink velour tracksuit
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 13:50:59 »

Or the purple addidas one??

If I was a WAG I would wear nothing but velour tracksuits (juicy couture of course!) its there godgiven right
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #333 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 14:00:26 »

Paynter gave us 3 pretty good seasons.

We let his contract run out. If we'd offered him something last summer, who knows....

Thing is at the start of last season he had only scored 22 in 88 games and the 3 season prior to that he has only scored 10 in 67 games (Port Vale, Southend, Hull, Bradford) so 1 goal every 4 games for us and 1 goal every 7 games previously.

So at the start of last season he had scored 59 goals in 278 games, a scoring rate of 1 goal every 5 games, including a strike rate of 1 goal in every 6 and a half games for us.

I don't think ANY manager/chairman would have offered him a 3 year deal (making him the highest paid player in our history) which in January he was offered, at that time.

Yes he had a good season last year and did well but a fair few of his goals were penalties.

Hes gone.......good luck for the future away from Swindon, move on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 14:12:11 »

Thing is at the start of last season he had only scored 22 in 88 games and the 3 season prior to that he has only scored 10 in 67 games (Port Vale, Southend, Hull, Bradford) so 1 goal every 4 games for us and 1 goal every 7 games previously.

So at the start of last season he had scored 59 goals in 278 games, a scoring rate of 1 goal every 5 games, including a strike rate of 1 goal in every 6 and a half games for us.

I don't think ANY manager/chairman would have offered him a 3 year deal (making him the highest paid player in our history) which in January he was offered, at that time.

Yes he had a good season last year and did well but a fair few of his goals were penalties.

Hes gone.......good luck for the future away from Swindon, move on.

he still gave us 3 good seasons regardless of his stats before, during and after. I know because I was there.

Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 14:29:59 »

he still gave us 3 good seasons regardless of his stats before, during and after. I know because I was there.

I dont think he did. At times when he got here he looked overweight and disinterested and was sat on the bench.  To his credit his fitness,  performances and goalscoring improved during his time here, but lets not try and re-write history to say he was consistantly good in the way that someone like Parkin was. He's had 1 properly good season in his entire career, along with a few half decent ones.

I know beacause I was there, and I agree with JJ
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 14:33:50 by Colin Todd » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 14:45:13 »

his last season was obviously his best but he wasnt exactly crap in the first two either.

i'd call it 2 good seasons and 1 very good season.

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 15:01:37 »

Whilst its all chinese whispers, I'm sure more people than myself have heard that Mrs. Paynter has a pretty big say in where Billy went.

She wasn't saying ANYTHING when Billy was very reluctantly carrying her out of the end of season do a couple of days after Wembley - she couldn't even stand up and he really did not want to leave !

Wise men say........
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 15:07:21 »

How you knos this, did you see?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 15:44:14 »

i'd call it 2 good seasons and 1 very good season.

I'd call it 1 very good season and 2 average ones. Even the season just gone he was dropped for a few games (before Austin came). And he was useless after his injury at the end of the season too, but I don't think he was fit.

But we'll never agree,  and he is history now.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 16:18:26 »

I know to some extent we're arguing over adjectives here, but his contribution alongside Cox cannot be described as average. Her was just as important that year as Cox himself in keeping us up. Cox admitted it and Wilson knew it too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 16:58:30 »

Well if he got dropped for a whole 4 games then he must be shit.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #342 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 17:01:31 »

A few people seem to suffer from 'Gary Stanley syndrome':

"Oh but Paynter's not a natural goalscorer, he doesn't score enough goals and even if he's setting them up for our other striker to knock in I don't rate him. Even if we're winning games he's still not good enough. Even if he scores a hattrick it's only because the opposition was soooooo shit"

Then when he isn't playing second fiddle to Cox and has a stand out season and leaves:

"Fucking wanker. We made Billy Paynter. Without us he'd be playing in the Blue Square Premier Tiddlywinks Division. I can't believe he would go to a bigger club on a higher salary and playing in a better division instead of sticking with the club which made his career. But he's not even that good anyway, easily replaceable. Look at all the fabulous strikers we've brought in. Oh fuck it's Pericard. Oh but he's not a natural goalscorer, he doesn't score enough goals and even if he's setting them up for our other striker to knock in I don't rate him. Even if we're winning games he's still not good enough. Even if he scores a hattrick it's only because the opposition was soooooo shit"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 17:10:45 »

A few people seem to suffer from 'Gary Stanley syndrome':

"Oh but Paynter's not a natural goalscorer, he doesn't score enough goals and even if he's setting them up for our other striker to knock in I don't rate him. Even if we're winning games he's still not good enough. Even if he scores a hattrick it's only because the opposition was soooooo shit"

Then when he isn't playing second fiddle to Cox and has a stand out season and leaves:

"Fucking wanker. We made Billy Paynter. Without us he'd be playing in the Blue Square Premier Tiddlywinks Division. I can't believe he would go to a bigger club on a higher salary and playing in a better division instead of sticking with the club which made his career. But he's not even that good anyway, easily replaceable. Look at all the fabulous strikers we've brought in. Oh fuck it's Pericard. Oh but he's not a natural goalscorer, he doesn't score enough goals and even if he's setting them up for our other striker to knock in I don't rate him. Even if we're winning games he's still not good enough. Even if he scores a hattrick it's only because the opposition was soooooo shit"

Ha.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 17:20:36 »

There really are some utter cunts around...and I'm not talking about Billy Paynter Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: