Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59683 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 19:49:14 »

He wasn't a team player

Oh behave.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 20:01:17 »

I am glad he has gone,without the penalties he would have been a below average goal scorer.He wasn't a team player and had he used the ball wisely instead of going for glory goals we may have gone up automatically.Glad hes gone to Leeds he can help bring them back down.Not that I'm bitter!Perhaps Bodin might get a chance now.------G.O.N 

Wow! He really was crap when you think about it. Thank God he's gone Roll Eyes

I suspect he might have something to do with that sink hole in Central America as well Hmmm
Barry Scott

« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 20:06:25 »

Must. Stop. Making. Paynter. Threads.

Poll merged with this stevecolins. Smiley
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 20:39:10 »

I see paynter in the same light as I see fallon, kinda good/kinda shit! Still think we will miss him mind
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 20:43:57 »

I will wait until the end of August to see if we miss him. Really don't know why but i got a feeling Pericard will come good.Scored goals first half and has shown he can score goals.Without having a pop at Paynter here but if Wilson can turn Paynter into the goalscorer he has been this season i see no reason why he can't do the same with Pericard.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 20:55:53 »

We can't judge Pericard until he's both starting and fully fit at the same time. So I agree with DRS and his gut feeling.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 20:57:39 »

Pericard just needs a decent run in the side playing 90 minutes, not just coming on for the last 5/10/15 mins of games. That must be bloody hard. He still showed some promise in those games though. DW must have had an eye on the Paynter situation when he signed VP.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 21:05:50 »

Interestingly, Pericard has never really had a decent run in his entire career - doesn't seem to have managed more than 20 games in a season with a lot of substitute appearances. Didn't Wilson do pretty good getting him to come here? He only stepped down to Carlisle to get some games and a move to a bigger team and I'm sure there was talk of other bigger clubs being interested in him. I have a really, really good feeling about him.
laufav

« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 21:21:05 »

The encouraging thing about Pericard is he tends to be noticeable when he gets onto the pitch. It's not often that the game passes him by, even if he only gets 5 minutes. He just needs the rub of the green.

No way can I see him playing 50 games though. We need viable alternatives to push him for his place.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 21:24:00 »

I believe Billy has peaked - he would have been a good sell had he some time left on his contract.

In fairness, good or bad, he's often been the most committed player in the team. Coxy and Charlie haven't done themselves any harm playing alongside him.  For his running when things weren't going our way - rather than for his ability or goals - I reckon he deserves our thanks and good wishes for the his future.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 21:29:27 »

I've got no complaints about BP....he's done a good professional job for us, we can't expect more.

This time last year, I'd have been happy to take a punt on SSP, but it really does look like he's a goner.... Crying
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 07:35:16 »

Nice to see him warming Leeds bench come October next season, I really can't see him being a consistent championship performer - but I think Leeds will struggle anyway
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 07:39:53 »

I believe Billy has peaked - he would have been a good sell had he some time left on his contract.

Possibly - but that's with the hindsight of knowing that our play off campaign was ultimately unsuccessful.  Can you imagine the outcry if we had sold BP in the winter?  The board would have been accused of lack of ambition, jeopardising a shot at the play offs etc. - which I'm sure is why we chose to keep him.

For what it's worth, the last board would have flogged him without a second thought.  It's a mark of how far we've come that we're holding on to players for football reasons now.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 08:00:51 »

I am glad he has gone,without the penalties he would have been a below average goal scorer.He wasn't a team player and had he used the ball wisely instead of going for glory goals we may have gone up automatically.Glad hes gone to Leeds he can help bring them back down.Not that I'm bitter!Perhaps Bodin might get a chance now.------G.O.N 

Paynter was alot more than a goal scorer, he created chances for the other striker (Austin&Cox) with his movement, hold up play and link up play.  Sorry without the penalties he would of still had a very respectable goal tally (way above average).  He was also one of the biggest team players we had, working hard and linking up the play.  To suggest he cost us automatic promotion is ridiculus and just sour grapes.  Hes not irreplaceable by any stretch of the imagination and Danny has a great eye for talent so feel confident we will replace him.  All the angry talk and negativity since play off final and Billy leaving is really irritating, we have just had our best season in a long time and surely after the players Danny brought in last summer (Douglas, Lucas, Cuthbert) people feel he will make astute signings and we will come back stronger next season.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 09:06:17 »

Paynter was alot more than a goal scorer, he created chances for the other striker (Austin&Cox) with his movement, hold up play and link up play.  Sorry without the penalties he would of still had a very respectable goal tally (way above average).  He was also one of the biggest team players we had, working hard and linking up the play.  To suggest he cost us automatic promotion is ridiculus and just sour grapes.  Hes not irreplaceable by any stretch of the imagination and Danny has a great eye for talent so feel confident we will replace him.  All the angry talk and negativity since play off final and Billy leaving is really irritating, we have just had our best season in a long time and surely after the players Danny brought in last summer (Douglas, Lucas, Cuthbert) people feel he will make astute signings and we will come back stronger next season.

I don't disagree with this and have always liked Billy as a player even when he wasn't playing at his best.  However, having read Nick Watkins comments today, it seems that it was common knowledge that his mind was made up a while ago that he was going to join Leeds and even if we had won promotion, I don't think that would have changed.  I know a lot of your will probably disagree with me, but if that was the case, then top scorer or not, I personally feel he shouldn't have started the game on Saturday.  As mentioned previously, he had looked decidely disinterested in recent games and we managed quite adequately without him in the two semi-final games.  I’m quite pissed off that a player who’s heart and mind wasn’t with the club was given the opportunity to play in what was the most important game ever for the majority of the other players!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: