Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59692 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:33:09 »

I want him to do well, mainly because of the sort of comments I've been reading recently. Sure, Billy is not exciting to watch over 90 minutes, but his goal tally and assists tally has been nothing but comendable for us.

Danny didn't rate him to start with, the fans didn't really rate him, yet we all want him to show some falsified loyality?!  He worked hard for us and did a fine job over 3 years, it's not liked he started handing in transfer requests or being a Billy-Big-Bollocks (hee hee, had to get that one in).

Then there's this: on the one hand he's 'entirely replaceable' but on the other hand people are showing their disappointment that he's left on Bosman. If he's so 'replaceable' you can't ask for a fee!

Oh and if our sole objective was to get a fee for him, should have sold him in January or given him the money he asked for with a view to getting rid at the end of the season.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:33:35 »

Yep  (got a job ?)

not yet Nev

enjoying the sunshine
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:34:49 »

A lot of people have also forgotten that Cox and Parkin got the contracts they asked for before moving on.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:38:53 »

Right enough of this good luck crap.I loved him when he was here-now he's a Leeds player I cant stand the bloke.Dont blame him for going but that doesn't mean I have to wish him well.Maybe if he'd put in a bit more effort in what turned out to be our most important games of the season,I'd feel different but rightly or wrongly if he already knew he was gonna be a Leeds player I cant help feeling he didnt want us to go up.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:52:13 »

Glad the transfer has been done swiftly.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:58:19 »

he's history.

now lets get a move on and get a bloody replacement.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:02:55 »

What Dave said.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:08:34 »

Too-da-loo. Sad to see him go but that's the modern day game.

A real shame breaking the news to my 5 year old who worships him. Literally broke his heart which was sad but equally amusing in equal measure. I know, I know... that's a bit twisted!

I'm confident Danny had more than a few irons in the fire already plus we've hopefully got VP firing on all cylinders after the big pre-season to come. Charlie has also shown us he can lead the line and will be another one that will benefit massively from a full professional pre-season under his belt.

"Great save, Digby."
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:08:41 »

A lot of people have also forgotten that Cox and Parkin got the contracts they asked for before moving on.

They weren't greedy though were they. They wanted a reasonable wage within our budget. Say £3,000 to £4,000 a week.

Billy is greedy and see's the ££££££££ at Leeds.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:10:26 »

How do you know Billy's wage demands?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:10:42 »

And you know Billy is leaving because he didn't get the contract offer how?

We can't compete if Leeds were (for e.g.) to triple his wage. We offered what we thought he was worth, he chose to better himself.

We move on.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:11:43 »

So then. Bet's on how long it takes for us to actually sign a replacement?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:12:29 »

October again!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:13:01 »

Yup, once it's decided then that's it - thanks and goodbye. It's a rapid turnover with players these days & we're used to it now. I don't get as 'attached' to players as I used to because I know deep down that 99% of them would be off like a shot with a better offer on the table. And I don't hold this against them, good luck to anyone that can go up a league, play in front of bigger crowds & earn £8k a week for 3 years.

Apart from getting a fee it's all good really, we got the best out of him (although this is questionable in his last few games) & he got a good deal out of it. Until our current owners came along this would've been very worrying, but we should all be confident of more than adequate signings this summer.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 17:14:05 »

You are assuming VP isn't the replacement. He hasn't been bought to sit on the bench. I think we'll get a couple of young guns in. Would be nice to have pace up front.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: