Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59692 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 15:38:53 »

the trouble we have is that one of our prize assets has gone for nothing.obviously he will need replacing, and the money for that will have to be found now.that's a bit of a pain in the arse as that means other areas wont get the dosh on them.so i have to say i hope it all goes wrong for the bloke.he could have signed a contract here and still got a move.down to pure greed,he'll trouser more dosh himself now.fuck him!
Well, we've already got the money we were prepared to offer him,(which would have been one of our higher salaries) so that's a start - there must be other free agents out there.

Don't foget we're in a better position than last season - when Cox went we only had one striker - now we've got Austin and Pericard already

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
adje

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 15:42:06 »

I wonder who "the other clubs"were?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 15:43:03 »

Don't foget we're in a better position than last season - when Cox went we only had one striker - now we've got Austin and Pericard already

and a much more attractive proposition.

We had only just beaten off relegation last time
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 15:50:00 »

I wish him all the best. You can't begrudge him leaving for a team in a higher division who'll pay better wages. It is slightly disappointing that he didn't show more 'loyalty' (I know there's no loyalty in football these days) and sign an extension in January so that we could've at least got a bit of cash for him, but he's been a good servant to the club in the three seasons he's been here.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 15:50:30 »

and a much more attractive proposition.

We had only just beaten off relegation last time

Yep  (got a job ?)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
nochee

« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 15:57:08 »

I wish him all the best. You can't begrudge him leaving for a team in a higher division who'll pay better wages. It is slightly disappointing that he didn't show more 'loyalty' (I know there's no loyalty in football these days) and sign an extension in January so that we could've at least got a bit of cash for him, but he's been a good servant to the club in the three seasons he's been here.

I dont know where any of you lot work but if another company came to you and offered you better working conditions (CCC not L1 in this case) and a fuck load more money, would you stay in your current job?

Would you bollocks!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:05:34 »

It is slightly disappointing that he didn't show more 'loyalty' (I know there's no loyalty in football these days) and sign an extension in January so that we could've at least got a bit of cash for him, but he's been a good servant to the club in the three seasons he's been here.

How much loyalty would we have shown if he'd had a shit season and just picked up a long term injury?

Fuck all, the same as he is showing when a large wad of cash and a higher league was offered to him.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:09:50 »

anyone criticising him for leaving is ridiculous. We would all do the same given the chance. He's done well for us, so good luck n all that.

surely?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:10:18 »

Im not sure why I feel like I dont care?

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:11:30 »

i aint got a problem with him going.it's that fact that this has been brewing for months, and he could have let the club who got him back on his feet get some money for him.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:17:11 »

i aint got a problem with him going.it's that fact that this has been brewing for months, and he could have let the club who got him back on his feet get some money for him.

Agreed. I'm not gonna begrudge him a move, but the fact that its for nothing is the bit that makes me bitter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:21:09 »

so good luck n all that.

surely?

Nah, he's Leeds Scum now Smiley

For me he sits between Lucas Jigglybits and Parkin/Cox.
I was annoyed LJ left without really 'doing it' for Swindon.
I was delighted for Parkin because he gave years of goalscoring bliss.
I was happy for Cox because he was too good for league 1.
I'm indifferent erring on the side of hoping he falls flat on his arse for Paynter. On one hand I don't blame him for leaving, on the other we've been dumped. Its like Grant Smith only Paynter gave us a whole season of goodness rather than half Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:24:19 »

Be suprised If paynter can continue his form in the division above, what with this being his first over 20 goals season an' all.

Be suprised If we sign a direct replacement too, at least right away. Can see Pericard and Austin up front in our first game of the new season

Things get better but they never get good
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:26:04 »

Pro-rata he was our second best striker with a lot coming from the penalty spot...  Bye
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 16:32:40 »

I dont know where any of you lot work but if another company came to you and offered you better working conditions (CCC not L1 in this case) and a fuck load more money, would you stay in your current job?

Would you bollocks!

Exactly, always amazes when people moan about players leaving to better their standard of life/work.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: