Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59705 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 07:02:49 »

Rumour is we're going to see Billy holding a Leeds scarf above his head at Elland Road today. 3 year deal and 8k a week wages!

I'm pretty sure he'll be contracted to us until 30th June, so unless Leeds have coughed up a fee he won't be signing for them until July.
Highland Robin

« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 07:36:23 »

Lukas is definitely being hunted by 'big' clubs up here, and he has said he wants to stay at Motherwell, so I fear we won't get a look in....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 07:42:00 »

I think we'd need an experienced striker alongside Charlie next season, we have to remember that Charlie is still new to league football so at times needs that bit of guidance that an older head gives, Paynter has been around the leagues for a few years so was more experienced than Charlie
Highland Robin

« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 07:45:03 »

I think we'd need an experienced striker alongside Charlie next season, we have to remember that Charlie is still new to league football so at times needs that bit of guidance that an older head gives, Paynter has been around the leagues for a few years so was more experienced than Charlie
No reason why Pericard should not play that role - like Heskey and Rooney.  the supporting act doesn't need to score loits of goals, just to create the space....but that means we do need goal-scoring midfielders.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 07:45:57 »

yeah austin clearly doesn,t know what to do without someone telling him.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 08:14:13 »

Wow, really?

first I've heard of it....

You need to get out more...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 08:56:13 »

I'm pretty sure he'll be contracted to us until 30th June, so unless Leeds have coughed up a fee he won't be signing for them until July.

we can release him early like leeds did with beckford. nah, make him wait.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 09:03:40 »

No reason why Pericard should not play that role - like Heskey and Rooney.  the supporting act doesn't need to score loits of goals, just to create the space....but that means we do need goal-scoring midfielders.

agreed

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 10:07:34 »

Given time, i think peri has something to offer.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 10:09:01 »

we can release him early like leeds did with beckford. nah, make him wait.

Yes - pay him another month for nothing.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 10:13:23 »

Yuuurp, well said. I'm confident Peri Peri can find some form, just like the likes of BP, Parkin and even Coxy did. They were by no means prolific before they signed on. Pericard's shown glimpses of what he is capable of (Minus the diving header Vs Charlton....).

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 12:49:40 »

yeah austin clearly doesn,t know what to do without someone telling him.

Nobody suggested he does not know what to do, just that sometimes it is better for younger players to play with someone with that bit of experience, as others have said Big Vince can probably play that role, Charlie is still raw and times will make incorrect decisions due to his inexperience but an experienced player next to him can have a word in his ear to help him along.  As time goes on Charlie will gain more experience and become an even better player for it.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 12:56:57 »

i would like us to sign two forwards over the summer, one with a bit of pace and an experienced forward approaching the end of their career. i think charlie would benefit by playing and training alongside someone with a proven record at this level, i'm sure playing with billy improved his game.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 13:02:55 »

Given time, i think peri has something to offer.

I seriously think he is a cross between Heskey and Trevor Benjamin.  Clumsy and gets in the way.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 13:12:24 »

I seriously think he is a cross between Heskey and Trevor Benjamin.  Clumsy and gets in the way.

I agree with you!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: