Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mourinho  (Read 7999 times)
lebowski

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 19:31:11 »

i was under the impression that plymouth fans love holloway even more than they did sturrock?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 19:51:56 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
i was under the impression that plymouth fans love holloway even more than they did sturrock?

You're right, they probably do.

But if Holloway was to leave tomorrow I'd be worried they'd want P.S. back as I'm told Sturrock gets along well with the Plymouth chairman... The major difference between them and Wednesday.

Anywho - I don't think Sturrock will return to Hillsborough and I can't help but think a return to any team as a manager is a bad idea.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 21:01:53 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"
Quote from: "lebowski"

You're right, they probably do.

But if Holloway was to leave tomorrow I'd be worried they'd want P.S. back as I'm told Sturrock gets along well with the Plymouth chairman... The major difference between them and Wednesday.

Anywho - I don't think Sturrock will return to Hillsborough and I can't help but think a return to any team as a manager is a bad idea.

Evidence based on Andy King's return, per chance?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 06:33:27 »

Funnly enough the other time Steve Clarke took caretaker charge was at Newcastle when Gullit got the sack. His first (and only game) was Man Utd away - they lost 1-5

I come from a land down-under
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 10:21:27 »

it's impossible to compare cross-eras but i'll stick my neck out and say mourinho is the best manager ever. then wenger second

two different footballing philiosophies but amazingly executed
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #65 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 10:45:58 »

Alex Ferguson?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 10:56:47 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
it's impossible to compare cross-eras but i'll stick my neck out and say mourinho is the best manager ever. then wenger second

You best wind your neck back in then son. There's no doubting that Mourinho and Wenger are good managers, but the best ever? Behave!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:05:03 »

Wenger is overrated IMHO. Good, but not in the same league as Fergie.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:10:22 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Wenger is overrated IMHO. Good, but not in the same league as Fergie.

I agree he is good, but to be in the top bracket you have to win the CL

I come from a land down-under
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:15:08 »

i think ferguson is very much a reactor to the players he has and then develops a style around them. great qualities undoubtedly

but mourinho and wenger have real footballing philosophies and look for things in players beyond the obvious because they want people to buy into their philosophy and system

and to pull that off is the ideal of management in any walk of life, let alone in such a temperamental multi-million pound industry
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:16:07 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

I would say Mourinho's Chelsea management era is over rated at best.  He was given bucket loads of cash and should have done much better IMO.  Just because he was so much in peoples face his impact gets over emphasised.  

He managed Chelsea like he was still managing Porto they would nick a goal then try and see it out. I can understand why Roman was pissed off with it, they had an entertainment value of zero.  Piece of advice for Jose in the future if you have loads of great attacking players at your disposal don't try and stifle them just go out and try to murder teams by 4 or 5.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:20:57 »

Surely results come first then entertainment??

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:24:47 »

if ambramovich wanted entertainment you get a man who's philosophy is technique and style - wenger

if you want results you get a man who's philosophies are completely results driven and therefore an emphasis on rigidity, losing your instinct for the good of the team and risk minimisation, then you get mourinho

you cannot ask someone to be someone they are not

mourinho's footballing principles are that that he will never have a really aesthetically pleasing team
red macca

« Reply #73 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:26:42 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
Surely results come first then entertainment??
Usually they do hence why he got the sack/resigned apart from the cups which were no doubt bottom of the list they did not really win much last year.

The players he has signed are players who have ability to play good football but his style of play is not desugned for the players he signed. Look at porto he needs hard workers and not fancy dans to be able to achieve what he wants.Thats my opinion anyway

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:37:57 »

wengers the best imo.look at how he extended the careers of adams,bould,keown ect.
the fella balances the books brilliantly too.with the players he buys and sells.the football arsenal play is the best in britian on the eye aswell.
would fergie and mourinho have had the success without the open cheque books they've had?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: