Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mourinho  (Read 7975 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:47:40 »

Quote from: "arriba"
wengers the best imo.look at how he extended the careers of adams,bould,keown ect.
the fella balances the books brilliantly too.with the players he buys and sells.the football arsenal play is the best in britian on the eye aswell.
would fergie and mourinho have had the success without the open cheque books they've had?

i think they've proven that the answer is yes given their successes at aberdeen and porto respectively

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:52:40 »

aberdeen was a differrent era.and granted mourinho did a great job with porto.of course they are both fantastic managers.i just think wenger edges it over both of them.look at the way he pays peanuts for a player makes them great and has their best years out of them,then flogs them for a profit.the blokes a chairmans dream.
i dont know what he'd be like if money were no object though
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:55:12 »

Yes Wenger's amazing, just look at all those trophies he's won in the last two years, hmm.... But hang on he did guide them all the way up to the dizzy heights of 4th in the league although that took a lot of luck. Of course he hasn't had much money to spend either, I mean the last time they won the league they only had the second highest turnover in the league! How does he do it on these shoestring budgets. Best manager ever obv.
red macca

« Reply #78 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 11:58:06 »

mourinho done well last year ben did he ?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:15:19 »

I agree with some of the sentiments regarding Wenger he has done amazing bringing through so many kids and making them stars but I really cant see them going the distance this season, once they have some injuries and a big run of fixtures there squad wont be strong enough and that may lead to another season without a trophy.

I believe Wenger is too one dimensional he only wants to sign players he can develop.  The arsenal board claim to have substantial funds available for him to sign players so IMO he should spend big on a couple of world class players and they will be able to sustain a challenge on all fronts for the season.  For example if Fabregas gets injured they will be bringing in a Diaby, Flamini or Diarra who would have nowhere near the same impact as him.

Back to the Mourinho debate people claiming results are more important is probably right but when you have the attacking players he had at his disposal Wright Phillips, Robben (till this year), Duff (till last year) Malouda, Joe Cole all players that looked fantastic for former clubs or even for there countries when given the freedom to attack but when playing for Chelsea they didn't look the same, didn't meet the same standards.  When players like Jo Cole used skill he was furious he didn't do the simple things.  IMO results are important but it is possible to win in style, just look at Man U last season.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:28:02 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
I believe Wenger is too one dimensional he only wants to sign players he can develop.  The arsenal board claim to have substantial funds available for him to sign players so IMO he should spend big on a couple of world class players and they will be able to sustain a challenge on all fronts for the season.  For example if Fabregas gets injured they will be bringing in a Diaby, Flamini or Diarra who would have nowhere near the same impact as him.

Don't forget Denilson, that lad's pretty damn good, and has the same sort of style to Fabregas.  I think Arsenal are now much more equipped to deal with a couple of key injuries than they were when they were 'invincible'.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:34:33 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Quote from: "stfctownenda"

Don't forget Denilson, that lad's pretty damn good, and has the same sort of style to Fabregas.  I think Arsenal are now much more equipped to deal with a couple of key injuries than they were when they were 'invincible'.

I did actually forget about Denilson and as you say hes definitely the best ball playing midfielder they have in reserve.  I think there good I just don't think they will be good enough to see the season through and take the title.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:38:33 »

Indeed, the title may well be beyond them but I think they'll still be in with a shout quite late on.  

Imagine if they kept going, as well as Liverpool - it would be great to have a tussle between them for the Prem.

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:40:44 »

nobody gave arsenal a chance before the season started.at least now they are seen as challengers.injurys could play a major part in their season though.and at centre back they have a lack of options
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:41:12 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Indeed, the title may well be beyond them but I think they'll still be in with a shout quite late on.  

Imagine if they kept going, as well as Liverpool - it would be great to have a tussle between them for the Prem.

It would be a quality watch if a few teams can stay in contention to the end.  I am not a big fan of the Spanish league but they did have an exciting end to last year going into last 2 games 4 teams could still win the league and then even on  the last day 3 teams could still win it, that would be great viewing if the premiership was the same.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 13:02:04 »

I find it impossible to say who is THE BEST EVER, as there have been so many great managers all with different styles.

If you look at Mourinho and Wenger, you have to also look at Fergie. Then there's Brian Clough who did amazing things as a manager. There's Ramsay, and dare I say it, even Eriksson had a great record before he became the England boss.
flammableBen

« Reply #86 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 13:07:48 »

Sam Allen is the greatest manager ever. Think he used to live in Kent Road. I wonder if it was my house.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 13:20:43 »

Harry Redknapp is a better manager than Wenger easy.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 13:29:28 »

Come on Ben, if Harry had the Arsenal job he'd never have won a title with them.  Wenger's won plenty of trophies and in some style.

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, September 21, 2007, 14:13:23 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Harry Redknapp is a better manager than Wenger easy.

tell us another.my sides are splitting
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: