Poll
Question: Barry Corr Time To Go?
Yes - 52 (70.3%)
No - 12 (16.2%)
Unsure - 10 (13.5%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barry Corr Time To Go?  (Read 10667 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 07:53:28 »

Poor ol'bazza was in tears as he was carried down the tunnel (as I've just read others have already pointed out).  It is a shame that he just can't play enough games for us.  I do think that may be it for him, but let's see what the doctors say, to operate or not to operate?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 07:57:26 »

my brother has had the same problem as corr.his shoulder has popped out a few times.now its happend twice to bazza i'd be amazed if he can play again

Bryan Robson used to suffer a similar problem, happened in the MExico 86 World Cup. He did recover from it sort of, but Corr seems even more prone to it than Captain Marvel.

This is taken from 4-4-2    
Apart from twatting your alarm clock, what’s the most pain you’ve ever tolerated?
The dislocated shoulder. I’ve broken legs but they go numb. With a shoulder injury you just can’t get rid of the pain, especially if the physio can’t get it back into place. It really, really hurts.

It's really gutting for Corr, but we just can't afford to keep him on. If he goes on play as you play next year he'll have starved to death before Christmas.
Danjackson10

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 08:04:18 »

to be fair he had a few nice touches and a good bit of hold up play last night but he looks so fragile the poor little thing
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 08:31:59 »

I suspect Corr is not earning a lot anyway to be fair so the talk about using the wages for someone else is possibily irelevant as I beleive him to be one of the lowest paid.

I really hope that he can get himself sorted though, but it is looking more and more unlikely that this may happen.

For a footballer (and someone as young as Barry) to admit your career may be over is going to be a hard thing to accept, but hopefully though he will not need surgery again, and the medics can find a solution for him.

I think as fans we need to cut the guy some slack I'm sure Wilson & Fitton will do the right thing by both Corr & the club.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 08:49:41 »

I was gutted for him, as soon as he hit the ground we knew that was it.

I'd say he was one of the best players on the pitch last night until that point.  Just his luck poor chap.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:00:37 »

I thought he looked back to his best last night, a little rusty in front of goal but otherwise he was excellent.

Things just went to bollocks when he went off.

I do think thats the last time we'll see him playing in a Swindon shirt, I just cannot see him being offered another contract. Its a real shame because I think if he sorted his shoulder out he'd be such a worthwhile asset.

Striking options look short again, not sure whether Wilson fancies Paynter much and with Sturrock missing that absolute sitter (or was it a brilliant save by the keeper?) I think the Kyle deal will be rushed through....

Not been on this site much recently, so has there been much conjecture and wild rumour mongering about a possible return of Monky? Out of favour with the monkey 'angers...etc..etc.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:04:39 »

It's weird, innit. I fall over a lot (and probably weigh a considerable lot more than Baz!) and have only ever fractured my wrist, yet he goes down softly and pops the shoulder out repeatedly. I imagine the only way to stop it will be surgery.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Danjackson10

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:06:53 »

to be fair sturrocks shot was well saved and i thought he did alright after he came on!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:08:47 »

The thing with a dislocated shoulder is once you've done it, it'll keep happening again and again at the slightest touch because the joint becomes so weak.

I imagine the only way to stop it will be surgery.

It can be fixed by surgery, but from what I understand, he won't be able to lift his arms up above shoulder height which would kind of hinder his jumping ability.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:13:18 »

That was my understanding also

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:22:09 »

If he wants to keep playing then, surgery will be a no go.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:23:49 »

I feel sorry for him as when he has been fit hes normally been a 100% effort type, and also quite good. I've always liked him.

But I think this is his pro career over now, not just his Swindon one. Who is going to offer him a contract for next season assuming he misses most of the remainder of this one?

Its sad beacause he could have been one of our best players, and gone on to play at a higher level if he wasnt always injured. Big clubs like Leeds & shef weds had him on their books when he was young for a reason.

If I compare him to Fallon for example , He can do everything Fallon can as a target man, but Barry is actually a better footballer with stronger technique

To answer the poll question, no its not time to get rid of him right now. might as well let him stay and use the physio facilities til his contract expires. I wouldnt offer him a new one.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:43:33 »

to be fair sturrocks shot was well saved and i thought he did alright after he came on!

If he had put it anywhere else tho then the keeper would have had no chance, good strikers don't miss from there.  Sturrock showed once again he is not up to League 1 level.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:47:33 »

True townenda.  Yes it was a good save, but Sturrock shouldnt have given him a chance, he was 6 yards out and under no pressure from defenders FFS
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:49:34 »

Sturrock showed once again he is not up to League 1 level.

If I was Blair and I read that, I'd take that as the biggest insult of my life.  League 1 level?? League one is the most average pile of crap I have seen.  There are no good teams in this league.  I think Leeds are the only team I've come away from the CG thinking, well they looked a professional outfit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: