Poll
Question: Barry Corr Time To Go?
Yes - 52 (70.3%)
No - 12 (16.2%)
Unsure - 10 (13.5%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barry Corr Time To Go?  (Read 10976 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 18:13:37 »

Barry should wear one of those Shoulder Pads things, that rugby players use? Quite a common injury in Rugby apparently.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
red socks

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 20:00:51 »

Barry should wear one of those Shoulder Pads things, that rugby players use? Quite a common injury in Rugby apparently.

Hello - I'm new to forum...

I was thinking the very same - are there rules about wearing body armour in football - it would save clubs a fortune in injuries/wages etc, plus players could really go for it with outrageous tackles without fear of injury...

hmmm Dear Mr Blatter...... I have a cunning plan.....
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 20:10:16 »

Hello - I'm new to forum...

I was thinking the very same - are there rules about wearing body armour in football - it would save clubs a fortune in injuries/wages etc, plus players could really go for it with outrageous tackles without fear of injury...

hmmm Dear Mr Blatter...... I have a cunning plan.....

Welcome. Beware of fatbury. And Fred. Particularly Fred.......
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 20:23:58 »

And Jonny, the tackling alzheimers patient.
red socks

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 21:12:37 »

Welcome. Beware of fatbury. And Fred. Particularly Fred.......

cheers i'll be warey  Smiley
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #65 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 07:01:12 »

cheers i'll be warey  Smiley

*Wary. I think that you might also need to be 'wary' of Reg.

Welcome anyway.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 07:51:41 »

And Jonny, the tackling alzheimers patient.

tee hee!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 09:30:50 »

I used to wear one of those and it didn't stop it coming out in certain situations (i.e. how I fell or got hit) but it did help reduce the amount of times it came out.  It would not do enough to save his career, maybe just prolong it slightly.  It is not the popping out that is the problem but the damage that is done whilst it is coming out and whilst the joint is out of the socket.  And also the amount of time that is required in recovery.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 09:39:51 »

I spoke to Barry last night top bloke.  Asked him how it was,  he said last time he was operated on it was a key hole jobby, this time round the surgeon will be opening him up and do a proper job.  I also asked how he felt things were contract wise, said in all honesty he expects to be shown the door at Swindon.  He hopes though that he'll be offered something by the club as he'd love to repay the club and fans for sticking by him.

He looked very gutted, I did ask him how he'd feel about a pay as you play deal and he expects the next contract that he'll be offered will be a pay as you play, hopefully at Swindon, if not somewhere else.

All in all he's a top bloke and I hope they finally sort it out for him, as I think most people would agree that Bazza's a decent player.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 09:55:27 »

I like Barry, he can come back from this but just needs to be taught how to fall over properly.

May I suggest Paynter as an ideal tutor on this subject?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 10:00:30 »

I like Barry, he can come back from this but just needs to be taught how to fall over properly.

May I suggest Paynter as an ideal tutor on this subject?

Nah Cox has more experience in throwing himself on the ground Cheesy - However saying that, Cox is probably more sucessful in getting something out of it that is non injury related!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 10:00:46 »

As much as I like Barry, the Barry Corr song does have to go though. It has major faults: First of all it has the incorrect number of syllables per line, but also that the last line (aka "the prestige") does not rhyme with the lines it is paired up with.

And, rather surprisingly for a Swindon song, you cannot clap along to it if you don't fancy singing.
Spencer_White

« Reply #72 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 10:36:15 »

Ive said it before, but the bloke has done nothing wrong. Its factors outside his control. Hes the only player who you can guarantee will try his best every game, probably because he realises he cant take anything for granted. I hope he stays on a pay as you play, because he is heads and shoulders (well maybe not shoulders!) above the others in terms of a will to play and a will to win.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 11:07:52 »

Barry Corr, Barry Corr, Barry Barry Corr, He gets a bump, he's out six months, Barry Barry Corr!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 16:06:28 »

I spoke to Barry last night top bloke.  Asked him how it was,  he said last time he was operated on it was a key hole jobby, this time round the surgeon will be opening him up and do a proper job.  I also asked how he felt things were contract wise, said in all honesty he expects to be shown the door at Swindon.  He hopes though that he'll be offered something by the club as he'd love to repay the club and fans for sticking by him.

He looked very gutted, I did ask him how he'd feel about a pay as you play deal and he expects the next contract that he'll be offered will be a pay as you play, hopefully at Swindon, if not somewhere else.

All in all he's a top bloke and I hope they finally sort it out for him, as I think most people would agree that Bazza's a decent player.

In that case then he may still have a future.  I had the proper cut open and tighten all muscles around the joint job and it is stronger now than it was before, so that will be the op that he is having.  He'll be unable to move it for 6-8 weeks and then will not be back for a good 3-4 months after that so it will probably mean the end at STFC, but hopefully Wilson might give him pre season to prove his fitness and then give him a pay as you play deal as when he is fit I believe he is a better option than Paynter.

Depends on who else he is able to get in permanently in his place though.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: