Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 92147 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:43:02 »

Barry is BFFs with Michael Standing, our 'football advisor' aka director of football.

Who the hell's Michael Standing?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:46:11 »

would be sad to see Nathan miss out, but if it is hamstring then it would be hard to see him being fit

It looked it from the DRS. He was not a happy bunny. The radio said he'd be having a scan this morning so we'll see.

I've still not entirely come to terms with what happened last night. As far as all the managers in attendance go, who out of them would have rather gone to see Arsenal Swansea? Interesting to see Pulis there, he must have been muttering 'lump it forward!' under his breath every time Sheffield got the ball.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:52:14 »

I went on the pitch at the end. I cant understand some of the mong element doing that to the Sheff Utd fans? Whats the point? There was absolutely no need for it. Idiots.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:53:58 »

this. I agree with Audrey about obika though.

Yep Tofollo/Obika in for Nathan/Hylton for me in that situation
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:58:40 »

It looked it from the DRS. He was not a happy bunny. The radio said he'd be having a scan this morning so we'll see.

I've still not entirely come to terms with what happened last night. As far as all the managers in attendance go, who out of them would have rather gone to see Arsenal Swansea? Interesting to see Pulis there, he must have been muttering 'lump it forward!' under his breath every time Sheffield got the ball.

Imagine pulis dealing with defending like that Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:06:30 »

Thompson pulling his hamstring yet still hobbling across to the ball to head it to safety pretty much sums up the whole 90 minutes for me.

Never seen two sides more committed and credit to Sheffield United for not giving up.

Luongo was anonymous again with the exception of a few passes and a shot. What has happened to him?
Panda Paws

« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:13:19 »

Who the hell's Michael Standing?

As I said, he's our 'football advisor'/consultant director of football. Invisible but valuable.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:14:45 »

As I said, he's our 'football advisor'/consultant director of football. Invisible but valuable.

I meant it in the sense that I have never seen his name come up or be mentioned anywhere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:21:43 »

maybe just maybe analysis of poor defending here will save us from doing the same at Wembley.

yeah, I know....

COYR
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:25:31 »

oh yeah, in player/manager watch one of our group spotted Don Goodman, walking up the stairs to the drs.

cool story or what.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:27:25 »

There were some 'special' people in the Arkells that couldn't be bothered to sit in their allocated seat, but decided to try and stand and the back of the stand or sit in other peoples seats.

The stewards should've thrown a couple out and threatened the rest unless they sat in their seats.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Panda Paws

« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:34:12 »

Just on Luongo. He's clearly not fit, feel a lot of the criticism is unfair, desire most definitely there.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:38:27 »

Thompson pulling his hamstring yet still hobbling across to the ball to head it to safety pretty much sums up the whole 90 minutes for me.

Never seen two sides more committed and credit to Sheffield United for not giving up.

Luongo was anonymous again with the exception of a few passes and a shot. What has happened to him?

I really find that an extraordinary comment.  Luongo was involved in virtually every move forward, linking with Kasim, and making telling passes.  His defending is not great, but then that's not his primary role - except in a lunatic game like last night.  But to say he was anonymous.....  And for me, Kasim oozed class again, even in the mad times.  So calm on the ball, and almost always in the right place at the right time.  If we don't get past Preston, we will do well to hold on to him for next season.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:39:18 »

As Frigby says
"One things for sure - I walked into the Town End with fifteen to go before kick off. It was jumping."

hasn't been like that for ages...was a pleasure..

and also in 'Allez allez oh', maybe a song even the day trippers can join in with...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 09:42:05 »

Were some fans in the arkells kicked out during the game? Saw the stewards running over sharpish during the second half
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: