Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 92142 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:00:26 »

I feel so strange this morning. I don't think its sunk in but then again, I don't think its going to.

I can honestly say I enjoyed about 20 minutes of that game. In total. The rest I was sat nervously waiting for them to score again, or trying to convince myself that we were home and dry.

Anyway, taking my 6 year old son to his first ever football game, at Wembley. It's all downhill from here son!

Can't wait.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:00:33 »

Gareth Barry does indeed have business contacts with Power and has been linked to us financially a fair bit, mate of a mate etc.
He clearly must be worth a few quid...will have seen the potential of the Club last night both on and off the field...he would also have seen what Bournemouth, a similar size club to us have achieved...could be tempted to put a few Shekels in 
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:00:58 »

Fantastic that nobody has even tried to dissect that performance. When you score and concede 5, it's likely that most players were both good and bad. That first 20 minutes was sublime. Byrne, Smith and Kasim just ran the show. Smith's best game in a long long time and he didn't stop running all night long. Then, well..... who knows what the hell happened...

One things for sure - I walked into the Town End with fifteen to go before kick off. It was jumping. Jay, take another bow. I've not seen it like that before - I only started going in '90, so I'd be interested to know how that compared to the terraced days.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:02:19 »

There is no point in doing any tactical analysis of that game or worrying about our dreadfully defending. Totally freak game, still can't get my head round it.

Bloody shame the scoreboard wasn't working, I genuinely lost track of the score around the 5-3/5-4 stage.

Brilliant atmosphere, best for years. Shame about the bellends at the end but then again I don't see the attraction of a pitch invasion unless you are 12 or a mong
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:02:56 »

Funnily enough I was impressed by Byrne's tackling last night, he won the ball back high up the pitch loads of times.
Norfolkred

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:04:23 »

None of the pubs in my town would show the game because of the Arsenal game. Had to drive 12 miles to the next town to watch it, so couldn't have a decent drink. The landlord was engrossed and thanked me for coming over - said he would have had to watch the boring Arsenal game if I hadn't have come. I should have come down for the game really, but hopefully its going to be an expensive weekend. My son supports Norwich, so hoping for a double header at Wembley  Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:04:50 »

I feel so strange this morning. I don't think its sunk in but then again, I don't think its going to.

I can honestly say I enjoyed about 20 minutes of that game. In total. The rest I was sat nervously waiting for them to score again, or trying to convince myself that we were home and dry.

Anyway, taking my 6 year old son to his first ever football game, at Wembley. It's all downhill from here son!

Can't wait.
In some ways it was reminiscent of the Tranmere and Leicester games in the 93 play offs. In both games at different points we looked to be in unassailable positions one minute only to be teetering on the brink the next. We'd have been done for if Leicester had gone 4-3 up at Wembley, likewise we'd have been f****d if Sheff U had done the unthinkable and scored a 6th last night.

As some one said earlier - STFC - You have to love 'em and hate 'em for what they put you through.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:05:21 »

Funnily enough I was impressed by Byrne's tackling last night, he won the ball back high up the pitch loads of times.

Me too, but United were very quick to play it into the right back position when he was upfield, which is most of the time.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:09:10 »

I couldn't make the game, from the TV I made out:

Tim Sherwood
Tony Pulis
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
Kenny Jackett

I wonder what Tactics Tim made of that!  Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:19:20 »

Not a lot can be said that hasn't already. Gladwin added a few quid to his value last night for sure. That first strike was top drawer. Thought Byrne was fantastic too. Defensively we are all over the place. Have been for a while now. Have to go at Preston for the whole game at Wembley as we cannot protect a lead. If we try to be cautious we'll lose. Smith finding his scoring boots is a major plus going into the final.

Hope there is enough footage for arrests to be made and the so called fans giving it the bigun miss out on the big day. Fucking pricks. We've been fortunate to have had a few times where pitch celebrations have occurred. I've never seen that before though. Why not rejoice at the result?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:22:02 by arriba » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:27:28 »

Just a couple of things.

If, and it's a big if, Louis is fit who would he replace? Kasim - no, Gladwin - no, Luongo - no.

If Nat is out, I'd go for Branco (gets hard hat). Toff should be fit.

Obika has to play alongside Smith.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:29:08 »

If Nat is out, I'd go for Branco (gets hard hat). Toff should be fit.

If N. Thompson is ruled out, I'd hope that Toffolo would be fit. So, move Ricketts to CB. There's absolutely no way I want Branco playing against Beckford and Garner.

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:30:04 »

If N. Thompson is ruled out, I'd hope that Toffolo would be fit. So, move Ricketts to CB. There's absolutely no way I want Branco playing against Beckford and Garner.
this. I agree with Audrey about obika though.
Panda Paws

« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:38:23 »

Thought the same

Barry is BFFs with Michael Standing, our 'football advisor' aka director of football.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 08:42:00 »

would be sad to see Nathan miss out, but if it is hamstring then it would be hard to see him being fit

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: