Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham Athletic AFC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21289 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 21:49:08 »

Just got back. Few quick points:

- Oldham is quite possibly the worst place I have ever been
- One of the worst grounds in the league
- Bit dissapointed with turnout of town fans
- Awful game, they are the worst side I've seen all year
- Very comftorble victory, Wes hardly touched the ball
- De Vita class, still lacking a bit of cutting edge oversell
- Paolo at his brilliant best after the game, he really loves this club

Very happy with the 3 points, bring on Tranmere!

I'd agree with the above - although I have been to worse places!!

We just didn't seem to want to try to score a 3rd, particularly bearing in mind that by this time there was no proper goalkeeper, but seemed to want to play "pass the parcel" with the ball in front of goal. The opportunity to improve our goal difference was there for the taking. Pleased with the win though particularly after recent results.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Coca Fola

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 21:53:14 »

Paolo mentioned trying to save the players for Tranmere, hence the lack of urgency for a 3rd goal.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 22:27:11 »

By big I meant anything over the usual 7500/8000. I can see maybe 8400.
I reckon that's sounds about right, think its a good call moving to the Friday night. I would imagine most attendances in the football leagues were slightly down today and next Saturday probably even lower. Our club obviously know this so hope we do get 8+ for what is a big game.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 22:31:14 »

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but "Oldham Athletic AFC"? I never knew they were called that.

Always thought they were OAFC, but looking into it they are OAAFC, Oldham Athletic Association Football Club.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 22:40:49 »

From the interview you could think that Bodin is trying to put pressure on PDC to blood some of the youth team via someone else in the club. There were mini rants about them not being good enough and people talking behind his back. I got a bit lost when he was giving the example of the Man City youth player.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 23:20:38 »

My effort.

PDC

-Deserved three points, professional. Hollands and Martin starting to understand. Dominated last three games but didn't win but today we did. can only be happy.
-Took first real chance. Clear we were a better side.
-Hoped we could save energy for Tranmere second half.
-Did very well, deserved victory.
-On Raffa...Sometimes forget he is a footballer, and he can strike a ball... joke.
-Raffa did very well, credit to him, two goals, very good.
-Oldham not cold, beautiful weather! Hotter than Swindon. Probably feels better because we won.
-Looking forward to Friday. Played our football for first 35 minutes. Nobody can relax because we have a chance to make a difference at this moment.
-Joe Devera marks better than Alan, even if he's a very intelligent player. Alan worked well with Raffa first half.
-Very happy Miller is back. Crucial player. Too early to say whether he'll start Friday.

At this point, he stepped up a gear and I didn't follow all of it.

-Thank you to fans that went, long trip, poor form, it's difficult. 300 is big number at this time, real loyalty. They can travel back happy. End of match waving means "our strength is important", after Jeremy left something has changed, but we need to stay strong. "I promise something and I don't give up".
-Important everyone stays in their position (role). "Dedication is not to wear Swindon tracksuit and hold cup of tea at the County Ground" (dig at Bodin??). PDC works 24 hours. Contract 16 months, could be many years if I have my chance. Youth players need to come through every year. Not enough quality.
-No other interests than making Swindon better than before he joined. He's had lots of help from people around him. If players cause trouble he will push them out."I want to leave good memories, I want to win. I want success with Swindon. I'd love to stay 20 years and wear a tracksuit, but I work 24 hours and wear casual."
- Why should he not talk to defend himself? When someone a snitch I have to talk the truth.
-Fans love me, how can they not love me. At the moment not fantastic. Playoff would be fantastic achievement. Dynamics changing. Nobody help calm situation. One man with his staff trying to please thousands of people. I will do more for my fans. Can't make everyone happy. People shouldn't judge without knowledge. Not sure on plan re: Championship. Plans should have started a month ago for January. The original plan was three years, one year to go. Next year we try to do everything.
-We don't know what we can have re Bostock, Hollands, Martin etc.

RDV
-First one great ball from Matty, quicker to react than defender. Second, was deflected but will claim it.
-Same as last year, 6 goals at this point. Won't go to sleep this year, like last.
-First ten minutes a bit shaky. THought he'd be first subbed.
-PDC yelps alot from touchline, calls you names. Just happy to play.
-A lot of games to be played.
-Concentration better today, Oldham no shot on target. Didn't give them anything.
-Will be in pretty much everyday over Xmas, important period.
Well done my young padawan! :-)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 23:56:53 »

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but "Oldham Athletic AFC"? I never knew they were called that.

Always thought they were OAFC, but looking into it they are OAAFC, Oldham Athletic Association Football Club.

Took me by surprise, nothing that a last minute bit of editing couldn't sort out  Smiley
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 04:43:55 »

With very little reviews from fans there today I will give mine...
I thought Oldham were the worst side I have seen this season. Whilst we bossed the game and there were plenty of positives, we can't be complacent and ignore the negatives. Tranmere will be a far harder test and the strikers have to improve. Raffa and Ritchie are out scoring our strikers and that's a worry. I can't understand why Storey is not given a run, the lad deserves it more than Martin and his pace will scare teams. I cant think of too many games the strikers have really impressed and done much in a game. If we has the Austin/Paynter style combo this year we would walk the league. I can't understand why Bostock was on the bench either. And I hope we bring Luke Rooney back as the back up winger rather than Roberts.

Thought Raffa and Ritchie looked very dangerous and we looked solid at the back. I actually think Devera deserves a lot of credit, he seems to be 'fill in' versatile player but he has always stepped up to the plate and should in the 11 every week IMO.

Oldham were there to be battered today, truly awful. That said, we did the job and still looked miles better. It's been a strange inconsistent start to the season, but we find ourselves only 5 points off the top and all we need is a good run of form and could easily finish top 2. If we can find our best 2 strikers and then get them scoring I think that would be the difference.

And fair play to the home fans singing 'Oldhams a shit hole, I wanna go home'! That's a ground ticked off the list I won't be rushing back too!
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 08:04:31 »

Unlikely, the other 5000 only come for the games when a trophy is at stake. I would say 8k tops

Considering many people are properly skint at the moment with Christmas/recession etc are you surprised???

I've been going to Town for 20 years+ and this season will be my worst in terms of number of games ... But, of course, with attitudes like that it's hardly encouraging me or the "glory hunters" back.

Perhaps instead of this holier than thou attitude we should think about welcoming these people when they come and see games??

Just a thought.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 08:54:48 »

I agree Terry. Think as a regular I just wish we had more regulars. Not referring to you individually as your circumstances are none of my business.

I do think if we had a Leeds or a Villa on Friday and not Tranny then about 5000 people would not be quite as skint and would manage to find £25 down the backs of their sofa's though.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 08:56:29 »

With very little reviews from fans there today I will give mine...
I thought Oldham were the worst side I have seen this season. Whilst we bossed the game and there were plenty of positives, we can't be complacent and ignore the negatives. Tranmere will be a far harder test and the strikers have to improve. Raffa and Ritchie are out scoring our strikers and that's a worry. I can't understand why Storey is not given a run, the lad deserves it more than Martin and his pace will scare teams. I cant think of too many games the strikers have really impressed and done much in a game. If we has the Austin/Paynter style combo this year we would walk the league. I can't understand why Bostock was on the bench either. And I hope we bring Luke Rooney back as the back up winger rather than Roberts.

He was out injured yesterday

Cats are better than dogs FACT
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:32:48 »

I reckon that's sounds about right, think its a good call moving to the Friday night. I would imagine most attendances in the football leagues were slightly down today and next Saturday probably even lower. Our club obviously know this so hope we do get 8+ for what is a big game.
There are four season ticket holders who sit near me who don't think it is a good call, the distances they have to travel makes evening games hard, two of them have to book a day's holiday to travel - and their company were not allowing it in the run up to Xmas.  The usual 7,400 for me.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:33:47 »

I agree Terry. Think as a regular I just wish we had more regulars. Not referring to you individually as your circumstances are none of my business.

I do think if we had a Leeds or a Villa on Friday and not Tranny then about 5000 people would not be quite as skint and would manage to find £25 down the backs of their sofa's though.

Thats my point, not implying Terry is a glory hunter or anything like that. Its a costly time of year, no doubt. My point is we seem to find an extra 5k for bigger games.
kerry red

« Reply #178 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:37:23 »

Thats my point, not implying Terry is a glory hunter or anything like that. Its a costly time of year, no doubt. My point is we seem to find an extra 5k for bigger games.

That's becos the extra 5000 haven't been forking out £25 for the previous 10 games
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:41:36 »

Considering many people are properly skint at the moment with Christmas/recession etc are you surprised???

I've been going to Town for 20 years+ and this season will be my worst in terms of number of games ... But, of course, with attitudes like that it's hardly encouraging me or the "glory hunters" back.

Perhaps instead of this holier than thou attitude we should think about welcoming these people when they come and see games??

Just a thought.

think you have got the wrong end of the stick. Everyone has there own reasons for going or not going, it makes no odds to me if you or anyone else go or choose not to. My point was we gain an extra 5k for big games. If it needs you or others to be "encouraged" to come along then thats your business.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: