Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham Athletic AFC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21407 times)

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:53:25 »

Every club in the land gains fans for big games. Many pick and choose matches or will go to big games on the odd occasion
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:57:20 »

Very true Arriba, personally i see the Tranmere  game as massive, if we win we are potentially 2 points off the top with some winnable games to follow
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:24:31 »

There are four season ticket holders who sit near me who don't think it is a good call, the distances they have to travel makes evening games hard, two of them have to book a day's holiday to travel - and their company were not allowing it in the run up to Xmas.  The usual 7,400 for me.

Similar situation for me, it's a long haul for our home games, but I've arranged the day off & an hotel. I'll pop in to see the family on Saturday for my annual pre-Christmas visit.  I don't usually have much time on Saturday games.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 12:03:49 »

There are four season ticket holders who sit near me who don't think it is a good call, the distances they have to travel makes evening games hard, two of them have to book a day's holiday to travel - and their company were not allowing it in the run up to Xmas.  The usual 7,400 for me.

I had to throw a sickie to go to a mates funeral a few weeks back. My first sick day in three years. I knew the company wouldn't let me have the time off so I just swung the lead.
The company will still be there in the morning, my mate wont.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 12:16:42 »

Similar situation for me, it's a long haul for our home games, but I've arranged the day off & an hotel. I'll pop in to see the family on Saturday for my annual pre-Christmas visit.  I don't usually have much time on Saturday games.

Same for us, I have the afternoon off work & we are staying down for the weekend.

The advantage for us is that we are staying with family so it makes it more affordable.

That said, I can understand why the club have made it a Friday night
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 12:46:10 »

Last Friday before Xmas is the main day for work meal/pissup. Imagine a few will be missing for this reason, me being one of them.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 13:20:41 »

With very little reviews from fans there today I will give mine...
Raffa and Ritchie are out scoring our strikers and that's a worry. I can't understand why Storey is not given a run, the lad deserves it more than Martin and his pace will scare teams. I cant think of too many games the strikers have really impressed and done much in a game. If we has the Austin/Paynter style combo this year we would walk this league.

If we had one decent goalscorer let alone two we'd walk this league.  How did Martin do yesterday out of interest?  Also I've heard a few people questioning why Benson has been sent out on loan when we're struggling up front.  Personally I think he could still do a job, but wonder if there's  bit more to it ie has he upset Di Canio?

Anyway I must admit I expected to get a point at best yesterday, so 3 was a nice surprise.  Fair play to those who travelled as well.  I wonder if some were put off for fear of it being postponed? 

We really need to push on and get another 3 points on Friday night.  Tranmere have wobbled a bit of late, so it's ours for the taking.

I don't think the crowd will be that good.  I know several season ticket holders who are unable to go due to it being moved to the Friday night because they already had prior commitments.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 13:55:18 »

We should sign Mido
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 13:56:02 »

Also I've heard a few people questioning why Benson has been sent out on loan when we're struggling up front.  Personally I think he could still do a job, but wonder if there's  bit more to it ie has he upset Di Canio?

I'd put it down to the fact that PDC had come to the same conclusion as Charlton - Benson is good enough for L2 but not L1. However, your post reminded me of an interview when Benson made reference to being best mates with Caddis. I wonder whether he has stood by his mate?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 15:08:06 »

We should sign Mido
David mcgoldrick's loan at coventry ends soon, he's been prolific so far
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 16:24:46 »

He will  be in the Forest team i reckon......no chance.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 16:30:29 »

My input from yesterday:

-Oldham is a shithole, comfortable victory, won't be going back!

(4 hour+ journey on the way up got stuck on the M6 due to an accident and arrived at 2.35 having left at 10.30)

#VivaKenBarlow!
RpeedieRed

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 16:58:42 »

I don't think Benson fell out with PDC at all. I had a very long conversation with him a few days before he went to Pompey. He didn't give any hints about the move, he did say he thought PDC was an excellent manager and seemed to really like working for him.  There was no mention of Caddis, his main mate was Ritchie (they were at Dagenham together previously) I think the move was to get his confidence back again. PDC was quoted in the paper as not wanting to lose him, but having to so he could get in another player. You would suppose that a premier league reject would be better, but so far I don't see it. Benno is a really nice bloke and I hope he comes back and starts playing & scoring for us again.

Also Friday night is a terrible night for football, whose stupid idea was that? Friday night is for going to the pub, Saturday pms are for football, not Christmas shopping, yuck. Don't think I'll be going. Also it will be freezing cold.

Why always Ritchie?
Amir

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 17:11:26 »

When did Tranmere stop playing on a Friday, so they didn't clash with Everton or Liverpool?  Friday isn't a great day for football though I may still go.

Also I quite like Oldham, from a previous visit.  The Prince of Wales near the ground made for interesting drinking.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 17:29:52 »

I'm gutted the game has been moved to a Friday, probably won't be able to make it now (especially with friday night traffic)

Shame as it is a huge game for us.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: