Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Collingwood for Giles?  (Read 4005 times)
Spud

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 14:42:57 »

Hw about Keedy of Lancashire?. he took 70 odd wickets last year for them, i think he's a Leg spinner aswell.
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 16:36:20 »

Last good English spin bowler was Darren Gough and his slow off cutter.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 16:42:54 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Hw about Keedy of Lancashire?. he took 70 odd wickets last year for them, i think he's a Leg spinner aswell.

Keedy is a slow left armer.....haven't really been noticing how he's doing this year..as it seems to be mainly one day stuff and 20/20.

Some ability with the bat is needed though for an England spinner...which is why Gilo has to go, he was playing Lee pretty much like I would....trying to get out the way....not acceptable at this standard.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 08:27:05 »

Colly scored 180 yesterday.But it was at somerset,Freddie,who could'nt buy a run at the moment,would get a score there.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
fatbury

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 08:32:36 »

Bring Back Tuffers!! :old:
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 13:42:55 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

Here here!  Beers
CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 15:02:56 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "fatbury"

Here here!  Beers

like wise :doobie:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 16:44:40 »

i have changed my mind and think colly should be in the team now. we will have an extra batsmen with freddie batting at 7 or 8 and colly is a better fielder than hoggard or jones (which ever one he will replace) and will also give us more variety in the bowling department. plus he is good knick with the bat at the mo. on the subject of spinners, whatever happened to chris schofield (likened as a young shane warne) he played 2 tests in 2000 and then got dropped unfairly. now he seems non existant.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 16:54:10 »

Schofield hasn't even got a pro contract anymore.

His work ethic was non-existant apparently.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 18:04:23 »

Hard one to call. I think that Trescothick, Strauss, Vaughan, Flintoff, Harmison and Pieterson are the only ones who are irreplaceable, but we need to make sure we have the right balance.

Collingwood has done very well this year, and Flintoff has done bugger all. It doesn't mean I would swap them.

I can see why people would want to lose Giles, but he is the only decent spinner we have, and a to a spinner, playing on their home ground does make a difference as they know the wicket well. I would leave Giles in purely because we need a spinner.

If we were to bring in Collingwood, he would have to replace a bowler as we can't get rid of any of our current batsmen. Perhaps if S Jones has a bad test it could be considered, but other than that I would leave things the same
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 20:09:29 »

I would publically like to apologise to the King of Spain...that I could ever have doubted his battling spirit in the face of hostile fast bowling.

He's my hero now, I'm even going to read his  :scribe: in theguardian.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 22:11:19 »

Don't panic I said. The selectors didn't. We won.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: